What made or ruined your day?

WRMD: Y'all ever seen $2300 in $1 bills before?

anLexmw.jpg

Why did this ruin my day? This was one. Single. Deposit. Ya boy's been counting singles for the last half hour

Man, those are some special kind of weirdos son. That and the people who pay you completely in pennies.

Man, those are some special kind of weirdos son. That and the people who pay you completely in pennies.

It makes sense in this customer's case. She owns a vending machine company. But I've had a guy come into the branch to try and deposit $7000 of loose change he and his family saved up ever since coming to America. I told him I could only take $1000 because we physically didn't have room kn the vault for the rest

WRMD

I have 20 dollars to my name, I wasn't joking about that, so I pretty much just can't eat like I normally would until later next time I get paid and even then all my expenses are enough that I'll run out by the next paycheck again. I have to only work part time in order to do all the studying I have to when it isn't summer. It sucks because if I'm starving at the end of a shift I can't buy anything rn.
dNmwxWCj7WWq0RyzWqF1703V59d2fh9LMnHdpMI9WLE.gif

So there I was, about to clock off in like 30 minutes, when suddenly behind me, a small family of seasoned bagels just poofed- appeared out of nowhere, all stacked up on the self checkout register behind me. Out of the bag. Three of them.
excuse.jpg

And they were seasoned with like, the most dense smelling seasoning that bagels could have. They smelled like a well made carnival treat, and someone had just taken them out of the bag and stacked them on the register, and then fucked off. It was like my nose was being pulled in by a cartoon invisible hand made of scents all loony-tunes style. I could feel my stomach lurch out of my body to get at them. It was real shit. The universe was fucking with me.
giphy.gif

I was starving. But I couldn't throw them away or anything so I just had to sit there staring at them for about a half hour until I could put them in claims and then go home and binge-eat some leftover pizza. But until that happened, just... there. After every bottle of alcohol I ID checked, they were still there. Now, I'm not a violent man, nor am I a criminal, but in that moment I could feel two very distinct strong emotions. One, the feeling of well, maybe I could find a place around here the cameras don't cover and go to town on one of these fuckers.
c2c.gif

And two, what kind of sadistic pricktard would gaslight me with such an atrocity, I sure do wish to have some choice fisticuffs with him. This should be obstruction of self checkout. Why. Just why would you do this.

Those were satan's bagels from hell I tell you. Temptation was almost too strong for this turkey. But I refrained. And I had the aforementioned pizza binge.

WRMD

I have 20 dollars to my name, I wasn't joking about that, so I pretty much just can't eat like I normally would until later next time I get paid and even then all my expenses are enough that I'll run out by the next paycheck again. I have to only work part time in order to do all the studying I have to when it isn't summer. It sucks because if I'm starving at the end of a shift I can't buy anything rn.

So there I was, about to clock off in like 30 minutes, when suddenly behind me, a small family of seasoned bagels just poofed- appeared out of nowhere, all stacked up on the self checkout register behind me. Out of the bag. Three of them.
excuse.jpg

And they were seasoned with like, the most dense smelling seasoning that bagels could have. They smelled like a well made carnival treat, and someone had just taken them out of the bag and stacked them on the register, and then fucked off. It was like my nose was being pulled in by a cartoon invisible hand made of scents all loony-tunes style. I could feel my stomach lurch out of my body to get at them. It was real shit. The universe was fucking with me.
giphy.gif

I was starving. But I couldn't throw them away or anything so I just had to sit there staring at them for about a half hour until I could put them in claims and then go home and binge-eat some leftover pizza. But until that happened, just... there. After every bottle of alcohol I ID checked, they were still there. Now, I'm not a violent man, nor am I a criminal, but in that moment I could feel two very distinct strong emotions. One, the feeling of well, maybe I could find a place around here the cameras don't cover and go to town on one of these fuckers.
c2c.gif

And two, what kind of sadistic pricktard would gaslight me with such an atrocity, I sure do wish to have some choice fisticuffs with him. This should be obstruction of self checkout. Why. Just why would you do this.

Those were satan's bagels from hell I tell you. Temptation was almost too strong for this turkey. But I refrained. And I had the aforementioned pizza binge.

I really feel you man...bagels have strong magnetic powers.

I didn’t know that.
They brought it in a year or two ago, maybe more, (time flies) but they are still in circulation in some shops especially with self checkout machines :P
But over all mostly couch change. Banks still take them so my collection isn't wasted :)
But we won't have true salvation till cash is completely eliminated and everything is plastic cards and done electronically.

(The haters can come at me)
B-b-but then I won't have the nice weight of tips in my apron pocket :(
How else am I supposed to know that I'm doing a good job dealing with all the shite fuck customers?
giphy.gif

I really feel you man...bagels have strong magnetic powers.
And yet I've passed them in the shops three weeks in a row in favour of croissants and Belgian waffles :3

I like to freak customers out by telling them well probably have microchips in our thumbs or something soon.

They've been experimenting with the chip in the Dutch club scene so you don't have to bring your wallet anymore...

And... ofcourse... Buzzfeed had to try it out too.

Give it a few more years and there will be a few people who would have chipped themselves.

giphy.gif

And yet I've passed them in the shops three weeks in a row in favour of croissants and Belgian waffles :3

Did you say... Belgian waffles? I hope with chocolate!!

They've been experimenting with the chip in the Dutch club scene so you don't have to bring your wallet anymore...

And... ofcourse... Buzzfeed had to try it out too.

Give it a few more years and there will be a few people who would have chipped themselves.

Did you say... Belgian waffles? I hope with chocolate!!

That thumbnail is already cringe, there is no way in hell I'm clicking on that video.

I thought they had machines that would count money like that.

Must have been a good night at the strip club for someone.

Yeah but our machine is a piece of garbage. It can't count more than a couple hundred bills at a time before freaking out and screaming "counterfeit! Counterfeit!" (It has never successfully detected a counterfeit)

WMMD (last night): me and my friend went to an internet cafe to play some games together. Went to the pizza shop next to it to get some dinner and the guy gave me practically an entire tray of specialty pizza slices and some square pizzas for only $5. Dude was a total boss and hooked me up because they were closing up shop for the night.

(No, I did not get pineapple. Penne, yes. Broccoli, yeah man. Love those greens.)

Last edited:

I love that. You've been standing in a checkout queue for ages. The person in front of you finally gets to the till, then seems absolutely shocked that they have to pay. So they fish out their coin purse and start counting out the smallest coins they can find. Every time.

So glad they rounded up/down the pennies here. Smallest coin is now 5cent :)
You don't have pennies? But, but ... how do you buy something that's £9.96 - £9.99?

I like to freak customers out by telling them well probably have microchips in our thumbs or something soon.

So it'll be like Social State... Police State... Union State... Decay State... Captive State! Where they have ID things and probs some microchips in peoples so the rebellion needs to rise up for those living in a society and go Scarface on them roaches.

I could go for 24/7 surveillance like microchips in my police state.

WRMD

excuse.jpg

giphy.gif

c2c.gif

Just out of curiosity, what are your least favorite pizza toppings?

Back