Gaming Discussion Thread

Is it actually worth it? Because the ending if Far Cry 5 made me want to find the nearest living thing and kill it.
Might be worth checking out if you get it for a sale price. It's not a terrible game but it feels a bit half baked for the most part, can't say much on the story yet as I haven't really made any progress (you get sidetracked trying to craft upgrades for shit). Here's hoping the story and ending are far better than what Far Cry 5 had...

I never did finish FF XII. I got bored about halfway through. The same happened with XIII and that's when I had to admit modern FF games probably just weren't for me. I lost interest in JRPGs as a whole when they dropped turn based combat for a Frankenstein combination of action and turn based combat that is the worst of both worlds. It's not satisfying like third person action combat and it's got too much going on for the careful consideration that could go into turn based combat.

My man, turn based combat is the shit to me as far as I'm concerned and more people need to appreciate it!

Was talking to Hasse earlier about disappointing games, and I said Final Fantasy XII was my biggest ever disappointment.

It's the game that I had hyped up myself more than any, it had all this awesome design work and it just looked like a real, 21st century Final Fantasy game. Then I played it and hated the MC, had no investment in its dull plot, and thought the gameplay (particularly the combat system) was utter shite. I remember finishing it and wanting to scream because it just didn't feel like an FF game in any respect, it had none of the magic, both literally (because every other FF game had a large magical aspect as part of the plot), and figuratively. And goddamn was it a slog to get through.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

I know I'm incredibly late but I wanted to chime in on this too.

But Resident Evil 6 for me, can't think of a time Capcom blew it any harder than on that game. I already was kind of meh about RE5 but then 6 came along and came like a wrecking ball, as they moved further away from the horror aspect. Annoying ass camera angles that make you feel nauseous, feeling more like a movie than a game with lots and lots of QTE, it was basically a big dumb mess of an action movie that got old fast. They really lost sight of what was good about the franchise there and most of the enemies had guns.

My man, turn based combat is the shit to me as far as I'm concerned and more people need to appreciate it!
Paper Mario: TTYD is the pinnacle.
ExhaustedGrandAlaskanmalamute-max-1mb.gif

I loved that game.

I still dunno what happened to the franchise after the thousand year honestly, that's still one of my biggest regrets. Did the entire creative staff for it die? I'll never know. It's the best mario game period out of anything.
Basically nintendo wanted to be not fun and decided they could only have one mario RPG series so they shifted all their creative staff over to the Mario & Luigi RPG series and the rest of intelligent fucked off to a basement somewhere and made moar fire emblem for a million years.

The worst part, it was all miyamoto's fault.

Nintendo really had no regard for keeping the spirit of what made their games so well-liked back in those days, but it's still unlikely we'll get anything good now because TTYD is seen as a cult classic, something that was a relative best seller on a failure of a system. And with the fact that nintendo has shown no signs of stopping their butchering of everything cool about the paper mario franchise, it's really unlikely that we'll ever even get a switch port or remastering of TTYD. Nintendo basically wants us to forget that it exists so they can keep pumping out an odd low effort sticker star or color splash or poop smear or whatever's next.

Wait... Paper Mario is actually worth playing?
Only the first two games. In TTYD here's some great characters, mechanics, a really interesting world that feels pretty open, one of the most interesting hub worlds in any video game ever, a party system that keeps the game really fresh, solid upgrade mechanics, and only a few exploitable OP things. Lots of well polished balance and all that, all combined with the best story in the mario universe and the most well used aesthetic and unique art design the series has ever had, not to mention really funny writing for the humor in the dialogue. All an improvement on its predecessor, which was also pretty good but not as polished.

Then they threw it all away in the other three or four games for "use your hammer to hit the toad and then colors happen whoa!"

Is it actually worth it? Because the ending if Far Cry 5 made me want to find the nearest living thing and kill it.

The game itself is just a glorified overpriced DLC. New villains are...okay. Like most Far Cry villains, they don't get much screen time. The ending does provide closure to Far Cry 5. I was satisfied with it.

Been playing more Far Cry New Dawn and while I'm still having an okay time I can see why this got fairly mixed scores. A huge portion of the upgrades don't even feel remotely needed and the crafting system is really limiting in terms of weapon variants. If they don't have a silenced semi-automatic assault rifle at elite level I'm gonna be mad...

The story is pretty average stuff. At least I can say that it's an improvement so far over Far Cry 5's absolutely horrible storyline and it doesn't have some of the bullshit like that automatic capture thing to advance the plot.
hi.....through mods....i made fallout 4 better

tumblr_prmluoJmsk1u12ko7o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_prmluoJmsk1u12ko7o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_prmluoJmsk1u12ko7o5_1280.jpg
Is there a mod where I can play as Yang from RWBY and punch things? I need to know

About 18 hours into Graveyard Keeper, and it's still fun, but around 25-30 hours is usually the tie-breaker for me for when I stop enjoying games, no matter how much I liked them in the beginning, with very few rare exceptions.

Back