Fruits Basket 1st Season

Episode 4:

I can't write enough about the beautiful animation... it's so peaceful and beautiful! Kyou's excitement was so cute when he was talking about Martial arts! Kagura was kind of annoying though. I was laughing at the scene where Yuki pushed the mailman away... it was hilarious! Such a good anime... I love it!!

Ep4:
I fucking loathed that stupid fucking muppet. She is every female-related trope I detest combined into one. I despise her so much, I almost dropped the whole show, if there wasn't the scene with Kyo's smile or the scene with Yuki and the mailman. They both are great.
And the fact that she fucked off int the end of the episode. I hope I'll never see her again.

I'm glad we got to see some more of Kagura than her extremeness. It made me like her a bit more, especially the backstory.

I have a feeling her behavior may be the result of being possessed by the boar. Tohru said it might be here, and I don' t know if it's revealed in the manga later (I've yet to read volume 5, have to buy it).

I hate how much I'm loving this. I prefer the new animation style, much cleaner. And, that late 90s story telling is a breath of fresh air in this current anime market. Not particularly fond of the opening or the ending songs, but whatever the show itself is fun. I don't really have much to add but that. I'm just having a lot of fun with this reboot.

You shouldn't hate how much you love it! Enjoying things shouldn't be stressful. Just have fun.

Episode 4:

Whoa, whoa, whoa did this show just subvert a trope by hiring Rie Kugimiya to play a violent yandere instead of her trademark violent tsundere? It's just trading one set of similar tropes for another, but it still amused me. When I said to my wife that Kagura sounded like Kagura (from Gintama), but @Tents is such a nerd she knew exactly what I meant.

Anyway I should have really hated the episode because Kagura's character type seriously sucks, but I found this episode mildly enjoyable enough to get past the dumb tropes. The show is being made with a lot of care, love and respect for the source material, and that has a sort of charm to it that gets me past how dated it feels. It helps that there are genuinely good character interactions between all the tropes that make everything hang together.

This wasn't nearly as good as episode 3, but at least we have Kagura out of the way for now.

Episode 4:

You know, I talked shit about the opening song in my last post but it's not all that bad. It's not as good as the original, but it's not the worst op I've ever heard.

This poor damn house XD I forgot how much it gets demolished on the regular. Poor Shigure.

How do you even clean a tatami mat? This is how you know you're an adult. You watch something get broken or spilled and think "How TF are they going to clean that?" lol

TINY KYO WAS THE MOST PRECIOUS BEAN EVER OMG.

I ship Kyo and Tohru so hard. <3

THE BOAR IS SO CUTE OMG

I'm so mad I can't just binge all of this T_T

Now....give us Momiji. o_______o Give it.

Episode 5:

What a beautiful & emotional episode! It just filled my eyes with tears! I love her grandpa... he's sweet and thoughtful! Her "I want to go home" speech was so emotional, and Kyo was amazing in this episode! Beautiful shoujo anime!

Ep5:
That grandpa though.

I didn't expect to like the show this much. I fully expected to watch an episode or two and then dropping it. But here I am, I enjoyed the whole episode this time. Does anyone know how many episodes there will be? Or can estimate how many it should be according to how far in the manga we got and the current pacing?

Ep5:
That grandpa though.

I didn't expect to like the show this much. I fully expected to watch an episode or two and then dropping it. But here I am, I enjoyed the whole episode this time. Does anyone know how many episodes there will be? Or can estimate how many it should be according to how far in the manga we got and the current pacing?
The manga is over 20 volumes long and the plan is to adapt the whole shebang. I imagine it's going to take at least 2 24 episode seasons worth of episodes. That said, I haven't been keeping up with this new adaptation since it started so I don't think I can properly gauge such a thing with full confidence.

Back