Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Episode 5

Well, this episode feels weird after the last one. Going by the first scene...
are we going to get a retelling for everyone, so everyone can commit suicide in their own arc?

The delinquent scene seems to be dropping strong hints that all the villagers are in on all the killings/disappearances.

The Mion/Shion stuff was pretty funny. Of course it was actually true lol. The stuff about being "the opposite of what you look like" makes Shion suspicious now though... and this also makes it possible to have this second arc take place in part after the events of the first arc.

I'd love to hear the explanation for why Mion never told anyone about her sister.

At episode 9 now, and I'm really starting to wonder why they chose this format. It's not bad, but it's certainly weird how we get these "alternate versions" over and over.

The worst creepiness also seems to be over atm, it's been a while since I was actually freaked out :/

12-13
Man, this has taken a really weird turn
did he accidentally step into a different universe, where one of the other stories took place or something? And maybe he was then sent back to his original universe, where the entire village had died?
I'd love to get some answers, after this pile of weirdly-presented mystery

the biggest mystery is how Satoko managed to push him off that bridge though. I mean, we clearly see the safety cords, so how did he just fall through them?

now we're getting some past stuff huh?
this episode was quite annoying tbh, all the miiii and npaaaa isn't cute, it's obnoxious and there was way too much of it here
I watched this series a long time ago and recently tried to rewatch it. Couldn't do it. All the forced moe shit and annoying verbal tics were too much. The characters were obnoxious, too much trying to be cute. Ruined any of the tense atmosphere they were trying to build. I don't think I got to episode seven. The character designs are far more awful than I remembered too. It's a shame because I liked the idea of the story.

Despite the animation style not quite being to my liking I have to say I really dig the story-line/character progression and at the end of the day that's what matters most to me and makes or breaks it overall. If your a fan of the horror genre It's definitely worth a try. WARNING: This is probably just me but I honestly preferred the Sub as the English voice acting was a little on the annoying side for my preferences probably doable for others but don't say I didn't warn ya' Cheers! :drink:

Despite the animation style not quite being to my liking I have to say I really dig the story-line/character progression and at the end of the day that's what matters most to me and makes or breaks it overall. If your a fan of the horror genre It's definitely worth a try. WARNING: This is probably just me but I honestly preferred the Sub as the English voice acting was a little on the annoying side for my preferences probably doable for others but don't say I didn't warn ya' Cheers! :drink:

Yeah, I feel like the dub ruins the entire experience hahaha. Definitely gotta watch the sub or better yet, read the VN ;)

You watch it with your eyes.

https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/how-to-watch-anime-on-anime-planet.323505/
Go to this thread and it should help you out.

(Edit) Since I'm here, I should probably say something higurashi-related. Shion is great, but I might lean more toward Mion.

original.gif

#TeamShion

Back