New first set of redesigned badges

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Today we launched the visual update to the first new set of badges:

We focused on these badges first as they are "initial" badges that most people get. All of the "profile content" type badges that are straightforward and easy to earn are the blue color, while we'll have varied colors for other types of badges. They now are more inline with our modern visual brand and style, with a papercraft theme.

OLD

7HXDlqo.png

NEW

7u042E4.png

We're working on the redesign for the rest of the badges now, and will have new batches to roll out soon. Missing year badges for 9-20 will be added later tonight.

If you love this or other updates, consider making a donation to support the servers/costs of development.

Thanks, as always, for using Anime-Planet! :drinking:

Know I'll be in the minority, and my opinion is solely for the designs themselves. Not to be at all dismissive to the time and effort behind them. Please, I mean zero disrespect. orz

But honestly? They look quite bland, generic, lifeless, and boring in comparison to the old ones. Remind me of more system icons used for Windows rather than actual badges.

Know I'll be in the minority, and my opinion is solely for the designs themselves. Not to be at all dismissive to the time and effort behind them. Please, I mean zero disrespect. orz

But honestly? They look quite bland, generic, lifeless, and boring in comparison to the old ones. Remind me of more system icons used for Windows rather than actual badges.

Ouch.

We're investigating the color scheme (as I agree this set could be a bit more individualized), but generally this is the modern, papercraft feel we're going for with the brand. The old style, while perhaps having more character, is an old, cartoonish look we're moving away from.

I see someone is a Tool fan lol

Smores is a good little music nerd.

Picking a favorite band is hard af. There are so many genres and options, it's ridiculous to even try it. Unless you've listened to Tool. Then your favorite band is Tool.

Oh, have you heard Tool? Do you think it's not your favorite band? Well you're wrong. Your favorite band is Tool.

And yes, I do feel bad for shitposting in the schmexy new badge thread. But not bad enough to restrain myself.

Back