A Certain Magical Index III

I loved this show when i was younger, but find it a bit grating now. But the worst thing is that i have absolutely zero clue what is happening in this show. This might be one of the most poorly conveyed shows i've seen, it's just random groups of people running around with no context, fighting other people who have no context, and talking to each other on the phone with no context.

My head hurts.

The problem is, this season is more reliant on the light novel to tell the story than the previous two seasons. The first season is definitely self-sufficient and requires no additional input from anywhere (and the story took its time to develop, cutting out those parts of the novel that actually could be ignored), and I believe that the second season is similar in this regard.
The third season is bad for those who've read the novels up to the latest one (with Mathers and Scotland), because it doesn't live up to the hype exactly. You were expecting an epic Terra fight - nope, here's a sad excuse for it. Epic Kakine-Accelerator battle - nope, here's some poorly animated crap. (animation quality got worse, btw)
And it is also bad for those who have no clue about the novels, because nothing is explained properly. The whole Battle Royale arc feels like fanservice, not a truly polished story worth animating. Who are these characters, what are these groups, why are they fighting — the author of the novel actually takes his time to explain that, but we can't have this on-screen, I guess.
TL;DR It's only possible to get into this season if you've read the original novel, but then you'll be disappointed by the shoddy execution and the overall drop in quality — the episodes are so rushed just to appease those who want to see the WWIII arc ASAP, probably?

I've not read the source material, do you know how far through it we currently are?
Not even half of the source material is covered atm. Out of 43 volumes only 15 have been animated (as of now).
I pray they'll stop rushing so much and take their time for once, the show's pacing is horrific right now.

Sad and confused. I really like this series and spin-offs but I'm having hard time following this plot line. It seems to jump around a lot. I was hoping for better.

Index III has been the biggest disappointment of the season for me. I was incredibly hyped for it, but now I kinda grimace every week and am still watching out of sheer stubbornness. Was it always this convoluted? There's not enough Touma, Index is too one-note, and I dislike Misaka and all her cronies. Needs more Tsuchimikado being a jerk, I think. Or Stiyl. Or just a plot that makes sense and doesn't have so many damn factions. The fights just aren't exciting anymore and I really don't care about whoever has what agenda for whatever reason. Ugh.

Index III has been the biggest disappointment of the season for me. I was incredibly hyped for it, but now I kinda grimace every week and am still watching out of sheer stubbornness. Was it always this convoluted? There's not enough Touma, Index is too one-note, and I dislike Misaka and all her cronies. Needs more Tsuchimikado being a jerk, I think. Or Stiyl. Or just a plot that makes sense and doesn't have so many damn factions. The fights just aren't exciting anymore and I really don't care about whoever has what agenda for whatever reason. Ugh.

I stalled it, and don't see myself unstalling any time soon. I'm just tired of this mess of a franchise.

Not even half of the source material is covered atm. Out of 43 volumes only 15 have been animated (as of now).
I pray they'll stop rushing so much and take their time for once, the show's pacing is horrific right now.

holy crap! I thought we were nearing the end of the series!
I haven't read any of the source material yet, I dont really know where to look. is the story still going or is volume 43 the finale?
because of eye troubles I am better with manga rather than rows and rows of text (the lines kind of look like they are bouncing up and down and superimposing/merging), is there a manga that covers from the beginning up to this point in the anime? (ep 19: Misaka Worst debut episode)

Okay, this is becoming waaay too weird for me. Accelerator has really turned this from a harmless shounen-fest into one of those edgelord ugly-angry face extravaganzas, and add that to the fact that I've never been interested in his character or story, and this is just going straight downhill fast. Pretty sure this series peaked at Railgun S and now it's just kind of finishing things up best it can, but it's grating on me.

I don't know what you guys are smoking, it's a good series. Probably just some manga boys butt-hurting again, either way it keeps getting better and i can't wait for more Accelerator. ^^

I don't know what you guys are smoking, it's a good series. Probably just some manga boys butt-hurting again, either way it keeps getting better and i can't wait for more Accelerator. ^^

It's based on a LN not a manga. Also, if you took the time to read the complaints then you'd see people aren't complaining about how it's being adapted from the source material. Maybe take some time to read what people are saying before throwing out insults.

I loved the earlier seasons. The problem I had with this one is the writers tried to stuff far too much information into one season. We had an insane number of characters, powers, locations organizations, agendas, religious references, scientific references, magical references etc. It was just too much. Especially when you trying to understand all of this through subtitles. I can't speak for everyone but all that information made the anime difficult to enjoy.

I loved this season as well, but the plot was a mess and i think there is waaay to many factions..its confusing.
I really hope for a season 4, but with a better approach than the S3.
I would like to see Coronzon and Magic God arcs animated and the arcs that come after the World War.
Until then i satisfy myself with the new Railgun as soon as it comes out.
Fingers crossed.

I'm 4 episodes in. I watched railgun
No index makes absolutely no sense. Shits downright incomprehensible. And that is saying something coming from me.

on episode 17.
The more I watch this... the more just bad it becomes.

no one drives the plot its a bunch of "and then", but even the "and then"s make no sense. Like people die but show up uninjured 2 episodes later with zero consequences. There needs to be more "but"s and "therefor"s

But that wouldnt even save this show. Its just frustrating to watch at this point.

End

Its like it wanted to be as bad as bleach. And, it did succeed in a way. but it was never as good as bleach so it couldnt dream of being as bad as bleach. The incompetence of everyone involved with this project is astounding. As a viewer you spend half your brain power trying to figure out what the timeline is. like there is zero indication that what just happened is an hour later, a day later, a week later or a month later. NOT ONE INDICATION. So many factions, none of which having any goal. it just is mud. But at least mud is interesting.

Jesus christ that has to be one of the worst things I have seen in while. And its real frustraiting coming off of Railgun season 2 which was downright amazing.

These comments make me glad I didn't finish Index III. Rewatching the first two seasons might have helped somewhat with refreshing my memory on what was going on, but even so, unlike the first two seasons which I thoroughly enjoyed (I've never been a fan of Railgun), this season got progressively convoluted and as has been said, there's far too many factions with murky motivations to keep track of. Also, the focus is split up too much.

Back