Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
LT: it’s kind of hard resisting talking about the Tesla stuff on social media because I primarily use Snapchat cause it’s just simple and I like it, but I have coworkers on my friends list and I’d really rather not let them know that I’m possibly going to quit (IF I even get accepted) if i get in to the start program because if things don’t work out I don’t need the chaos but oh my god I wanna actually yell from the rooftops about this I’m just a happy mess rn

LT: Caring about everything ever is really hard. Sometimes it feels like my heart is just permanently broken.

(Wow this is depressing sorry lol)

Sounds like a rough spot you're in. :c Been there before, many times. I find it gets easier when you make yourself realize that this state is only temporary and good times will come soon enough, but doing that is the hard part.

LT: Caring about everything ever is really hard. Sometimes it feels like my heart is just permanently broken.

Sounds like a rough spot you're in. :c Been there before, many times. I find it gets easier when you make yourself realize that this state is only temporary and good times will come soon enough, but doing that is the hard part.

What the funky man said. Caring isn’t a bad thing. Just be careful to not care too much about too much. You have to protect yourself from things you can’t change.

That's why you have to practice a little healthy apathy for certain things to safeguard yourself. You shouldn't be upset permanently

This so much. I used to be the kind of person who'd try his best to take care of everyone and everything that sucked to the point where I didn't have any energy left to care for myself. These days I'm trying to keep it a little more balanced - I'm still helpful when I can be, but I'm not afraid to take a step back either. I used to think that makes me selfish, but now I believe that even if that may be so, it's a healthy kind of selfish. If that makes sense. I don't make sense today. I should go to sleep.

Well for me, it's more part of my personality than the place I'm in. I desperately want to help everyone and will do anything to do so, and it mostly hurts me to see that there are so many uncaring people in the world who don't want to help others or do something positive.

That's why you have to practice a little healthy apathy for certain things to safeguard yourself. You shouldn't be upset permanently

The last thing the world needs is apathy, so I can't provide that. There's already way too much of that, and I can't afford to be selfish even if it might be "good for me."

What the funky man said. Caring isn’t a bad thing. Just be careful to not care too much about too much. You have to protect yourself from things you can’t change.

I'm bad at that, lol. I have a bad habit of not caring about my personal well-being and stretching myself too thin. Caring too much is hardwired into my brain at this point. I just obviously get very hurt as a result. I also like to believe I can change anything if I try hard enough, which isn't always the case.

If your heart doesn't break when you look around the world, there's something wrong. Never lose that compassion. But the sad truth is, you can't change everything. If you let the weight of the world's problems crush you, you won't be able to change anything.

You know when you fly and the safety video says 'put your own oxygen mask on before attending to children'? Life is like that; you need to look after yourself before you can look after others. That's not being selfish.

I'm bad at that, lol. I have a bad habit of not caring about my personal well-being and stretching myself too thin. Caring too much is hardwired into my brain at this point. I just obviously get very hurt as a result. I also like to believe I can change anything if I try hard enough, which isn't always the case.

Sounds familar, hehe. c: I honestly admire that quality in people. Still, without judging or trying to talk down to you, just some friendly advice from someone who's similar: it's not a bad idea to pick your battles. Do your best to help the people you CAN help. Let somebody else do the rest. It may not always seem like it, but there are plenty of other helpful, kind and caring people around, each with a unique skill set that can handle different challenges.

If your heart doesn't break when you look around the world, there's something wrong. Never lose that compassion. But the sad truth is, you can't change everything. If you let the weight of the world's problems crush you, you won't be able to change anything.

You know when you fly and the safety video says 'put your own oxygen mask on before attending to children'? Life is like that; you need to look after yourself before you can look after others. That's not being selfish.
As always. You said it better. This is the message I tried to her across

Probably tied to self worth too though. Some peeps dont care for themselves first because they think selflessness means never thinking of yourself but it's more like help others when you have the chance to in spite of your own desires, not in spite of your basic needs. You have to value yourself enough to survive first or your selflessness will be ineffective because in not giving enough of what you need to yourself, you won't have enough for others.

Emergency situations are a different story of course.

Back