General Advice Thread

g3data

Feel free to give or ask for any advice.

From me to you, I say try storing your phone away from the bed. I recently found out I might have hypothyroidism, perhaps stemming from 4 years of bad sleep in college, and it's been immensely helpful for my mood if nothing else. At least leave it some place where you won't be able to reach it from bed.

And while we're on the topic of phones or electronics in general, I hear that it's a bad idea to leave them in chargers while their full, my current labtop has pretty much 20% of the energy capacity it had two years ago. Is this kind of degradation normal or did I make a mistake leaving it plugged in overnight one too many a times?

I always wondered what does it look like in there, I imagine that door that no man has ever entered takes you to some kind of amazon lesbian tropical utopia in the sky.

Or maybe just a slightly less dingy washroom than the mens. Could go either way really.

I wish man.

Women can be just as dirty as guys. I've come across clogged toilets of crap before. That's still nasty as fuck even without toilet seats getting pissed on.

I honestly dunno how guys feel about urinals in their own washrooms. Maybe slightly awkward about it because I know guys do the whole urinal gap thing lol. But at least in my case, having been in a lot of change rooms with other girls and exposing myself, I've never once felt embarrassed about body exposure.

I wish man.
I honestly dunno how guys feel about urinals in their own washrooms. Maybe slightly awkward about it because I know guys do the whole urinal gap thing lol. But at least in my case, having been in a lot of change rooms with other girls and exposing myself, I've never once felt embarrassed about body exposure.
I always thought urinals are largely pointless, something only worth using if the toilets are occupado or are a total disaster.

General advice.

Move more. You don't have to pick up a sport or go to a gym, just move and do it often. Go for a walk, do some stretches, fidget a bit. Just move and don't let yourself become static.

Eat cleaner. Yeah you can treat yourself every now and then, but don't be eating processed meats, trans fats and nutritionally bereft food every single day. Keep it simple and keep it clean.

Do both of these and you'll feel a good uptick in your day to day mood and overall wellbeing.

I for one can't use urinals for the life of me unless I'm the only person in the whole room. And it's not even a conscious choice or anything like that. I just... stand there and can't pee and then it becomes even more embarrassing because what do you in that situation? Just leave without peeing? But then everybody will notice that you didn't. Stand there and hope it somehow magically starts flowing? But then you're standing there for potentially minutes at a time for no obvious reason. It's... a nightmare honestly.

General advice.

Move more. You don't have to pick up a sport or go to a gym, just move and do it often. Go for a walk, do some stretches, fidget a bit. Just move and don't let yourself become static.

Eat cleaner. Yeah you can treat yourself every now and then, but don't be eating processed meats, trans fats and nutritionally bereft food every single day. Keep it simple and keep it clean.

Do both of these and you'll feel a good uptick in your day to day mood and overall wellbeing.

I can confirm this, even though I'm 99% sure I'm not doing either of these as well as @Taek does. But even from what little I've changed compared to how I used to live, I can already tell it's doing me a lot of good.

I have some advice. Just for people that try and fail to go to bed earlier: my best advice is simply to consistantly wake up at 5 or 6 a clock. You've probably heard it before but it really does work, I've tried it, and lots of people have problems that can probably easily be solved with this method. Since even if you go to sleep at 1 and wake up at 5 one night the adrenaline will exhaust you and you'll be able to reset your sleeping schedule.

I for one can't use urinals for the life of me unless I'm the only person in the whole room. And it's not even a conscious choice or anything like that. I just... stand there and can't pee and then it becomes even more embarrassing because what do you in that situation? Just leave without peeing? But then everybody will notice that you didn't. Stand there and hope it somehow magically starts flowing? But then you're standing there for potentially minutes at a time for no obvious reason. It's... a nightmare honestly.
You're like me.

I don't even though, I just let my frustration show as I leave. Frickin punks minding their own business, passively not letting me use the urinal. That'll teach em.

I have some advice. Just for people that try and fail to go to bed earlier: my best advice is simply to consistantly wake up at 5 or 6 a clock. You've probably heard it before but it really does work, I've tried it, and lots of people have problems that can probably easily be solved with this method. Since even if you go to sleep at 1 and wake up at 5 one night the adrenaline will exhaust you and you'll be able to reset your sleeping schedule.

Different take on the same problem: Install f.lux. That app has single-handedly made me go to sleep on time without me even noticing.

You're like me.

I don't even though, I just let my frustration show as I leave. Frickin punks minding their own business, passively not letting me use the urinal. That'll teach em.

I wish I had the swagger to do that. ;-;

The only way to overcome that mental block is exposure. Like starting to pee when no one is in there and then someone comes in. Your mind has to get used to that there is no threat by whipping out your dick. It's still part of the lizard brain to get stressed about predators when relieving yourself.

The only way to overcome that mental block is exposure. Like starting to pee when no one is in there and then someone comes in. Your mind has to get used to that there is no threat by whipping out your dick. It's still part of the lizard brain to get stressed about predators when relieving yourself.

Oh, so THAT'S why? o: I never knew.

In any case, I have absolutely no problem when that happens. Once it's running, it's running. It's just getting it to run that's a problem.

Oh, so THAT'S why? o: I never knew.

In any case, I have absolutely no problem when that happens. Once it's running, it's running. It's just getting it to run that's a problem.
Then the way of exposure would be to think about how someone will come in while waiting for it to run. Just creating low-impact stress situations to show your brain that nobody will steal your dick while peeing or whatever it is the brain is afraid of.

But yeah, back in the past, leaving your cave to pee was highly dangerous, so it's a safety mechanism to not be eaten by a saber-tooth tiger while being exposed. Just that today there are no tigers around, but other humans that are perceived as a possible threat.

Back