Carol & Tuesday

This is interesting. If it has a good OST, then it's already good. It just needs good music and chemistry.

According to their website, apparently all the songs are going to be sung in English? They even hired someone from New York to do Carole's vocals so it seems like they're serious about it. That plus all the English in the trailer makes me think this'll probably be a lot more international than Kids on the Slope, should be interesting to see.

Preview:

Have to admit it looks pretty good. I'll probably watch this, plus music related anime is way too rare in this world.
Ohhh my fucking gooooodddd I am very nearly crying. Not even kidding. I gotta be careful or I'll get too hyped for this, it looks so sweet and beautiful
:crying::crying::crying:
Bones and Watanabe shall blow me away again XD

The first episode impression. The art is gorgeous. The best in the season so far, but I don't care about the signing. It's not my style of music.
Ep. 01
It's in future on terraformed Mars. The friendship was established really fast, maybe too fast.

Ep1.
I'm getting blood blockade vibes from the music...and maybe also a bit from the world setting.
Also, Carol has a nice singing voice <3

Is Tuesday going to write the lyrics for Carol's lyricless songs? I'd love to hear the song complete, the tune is nice.

- Like the music direction. Not sure about the story yet.
- The ending song is ok.

The bgm of this vid is going to be the op, I think? :) Produced by 'Nulbarich', song name 'Kiss Me'. It sounds pretty nice...nice vocals.
Ah, found the link to the song:

Last edited:
Apparently someone's finally fansubbed this now. Too tired to watch now though, I'll probably get to this tomorrow.

Only if you want subs that Baki level bad.
c1xb2Gc.png

She's trying to say she's 17 years old.

HOLY SHIT, that is seriously bad.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................................................nvm then.

KiLiy9I.png

The subs are understandable for most of the episode, but then they start getting really bad at like the most pivotal scenes of the episode. I could follow what was going on though.

The episode is nice even if it gets rushed at the end. The animation is great, I love the character designs and the OST is great. Carol and Tuesday are charming if very classic character archetypes. I usually don't go for Tuesday's character type, but her main inspiration is Cyndi Lauper so Tuesday is automatically my girl.

I'm not a huge fan of how quickly their first song came together. I think the episode would have been fine if they'd just bonded over their shared love of music and maybe had an awkward first session to get to know each other. The second episode could be where things come together they make their first song.

The show sets up some pretty obvious themes with overbearing and controlling parents smothering their children. The parallel with the minor pop star and Carol's situation with her mother is pretty obvious. I'm sure they'll end up being rivals now that the pop star has hooked up the soulless super producer making synthetic music.

I'm not sure if there was much point setting the series on Mars unless it will come into play later.

Overall, easily the best first episode of anything I started this season.

So...space-NANA.

Sure, why not.

Also this:

Which, combined with Watanabe's name, means it's at least worth a couple of episodes before making a final decision.

That said, as far as first episodes go, this one mostly worked pretty well. It was a little on-the-nose with some of its setup
"Did you catch how they're both called 'Mama'?"

"Well, you put them within 30 seconds of each other, so...yeah."

"And did you see how the girls are all victims of society?"

"Again, you put those shorthand cliches within 30 sec--"

"Even Angela!"

"...yes, I picked up on--"

"IT'S ALL PARALLELS!"

"...thanks. I'm glad you could, uh, help me out with that."

"Even though the girls are from totally different backg--"

"Oh, f*** you, I GET IT."
and the band became a band more than a little quickly, but we got a basic (and encouraging) look at all the main characters, and the instant connection between Carol and Tuesday is entirely believable (even despite the haste of the last few minutes).

It's nothing to write home about, but it also sincerely promises that it's going somewhere, if we give it a chance. And, as yet, there doesn't seem to be any reason not to believe that's true.

That said...I only really cared about Angela. Perhaps just by benefit of her having had some plot, but nonetheless: #TeamCannedElectricNoise.

I'm not sure if there was much point setting the series on Mars unless it will come into play later.
My guess is because the smaller population, especially saturated as they are in the electronic cynicism that is probably the cultural foundation/identity of the Mars colony, would be easier for the girls to believably reach and fundamentally effect with their "real" music.

...God, I love this movie.

Than again, maybe it's a prequel to Cowboy Bebop, and one of them is Spike's mom.

Back