Daily Anime Thoughts

It was an interesting show with an interesting premise. It reminded me in many ways of a less Shaft-y Monogatari series, with some great witty dialogue particularly between the leads. A lot of people were also comparing it to Snafu, but as I haven't seen that I can't really comment on it.

I was a little disappointed with parts of the series, but I think part of that can be attributed to the perhaps excessive analysis some of us were doing in the discussion thread. That said, it had some great parts, and I did find a character I liked enough to have added to my claiming society banner...

Well, I love Monogatari and Snafu so that should be fun then :) If you haven't seen Snafu yet I'd say get on that, it's especially worth it for S2.

Well, I love Monogatari and Snafu so that should be fun then :) If you haven't seen Snafu yet I'd say get on that, it's especially worth it for S2.
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm still iffy just because it's so hard for me to get into romcoms XD But I appreciate it :)

I just noticed you have Hanekawa in your claim banner... Clearly you are a man of exquisite taste, and I expect you'll be joining the sadly outnumbered Futaba fan club to fight the scourge of Mai fanatics.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm still iffy just because it's so hard for me to get into romcoms XD But I appreciate it :)

I just noticed you have Hanekawa in your claim banner... Clearly you are a man of exquisite taste, and I expect you'll be joining the sadly outnumbered Futaba fan club to fight the scourge of Mai fanatics.
I have not seen Monogatari but Snafu is definitely a good choice and it's far from the Rom-Com you might be assuming it is. Believe me on that.

DAT: Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? tonight for me since @Karin84 has other anime plans tonight (therefore, no Flying Witch until tomorrow)

Snafu is basically to romcoms what Madoka was to magical girls or Evangelion to mechs, a deconstruction that pretty much renders the whole genre obsolete after watching them (that's exaggerated ofc but you know what I mean). I think you'd found it quite enjoyable and it tackles a lot of teenage issues in a deeper manner than most similar shows.

Mmh...seems aloof, lab coat, glasses,... *cough* yeah, sold. Just can't get over my lab coat fetish when it comes to female characters.

909E85E931E618C064007A09EFB585BF26575ABF

fb7.gif

tumblr_msbcppNVz11rjo7c4o1_500.gif

tumblr_olpomeNkPX1uwhtt4o1_500.gif

PracticalCalculatingBuffalo-small.gif

Last edited:
Snafu is basically to romcoms what Madoka was to magical girls or Evangelion to mechs, a deconstruction that pretty much renders the whole genre obsolete after watching them (that's exaggerated ofc but you know what I mean). I think you'd found it quite enjoyable and it tackles a lot of teenage issues in a deeper manner than most similar shows.

Mmh...seems aloof, lab coat, glasses,... *cough* yeah, sold. Just can't get over my lab coat fetish when it comes to female characters.

fb7.gif

High school shows never became the same for me, after Snafu. Just no other high school anime beats it for me tbh.

That's actually really good to know :o

fb7.gif

This one has good taste. I like him.

DAT: K, guess it's time to finally cross Your Name. off my list to see what all the fuss was about. Just saw it's on Netflix and now I don't really have any excuse anymore to not watch it.

Maybe feel like watching a show again after that. Any quick thoughts on Bunny Girl Senpai?
Your Name is among my top 5 animated films and Rascal is in my top 50 anime so you're all on track and stuff with the good shit. That is, unless we're counting buddy groups.
:hamster:

DAT: TIL there's an anime called Mutafukaz
My new favorite youtuber CellSpex talked about that one, I really wanna watch it now. It's a movie written by a French artist.

Maybe feel like watching a show again after that. Any quick thoughts on Bunny Girl Senpai?

Yeah, it's like a lesser mashup of Monogatari and SNAFU. The first arc is a real banger, but I felt the show got weaker in the second arc and never quite recovered. It's still worth a watch and one of the better based on a LN things to come out in the last couple of years.

PS If you're looking to watch something available on Netflix don't watch Your Name watch In this Corner of the World or Flavors of Youth instead.

Just finished "Humanity has declined" I want some carrot bread.

hVSGQ1b.gif

Back