Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT: It came to my attention, as @AdmiralMuffin just now told me, that AnimeNewsNetwork are now "banning and suspending users with the IstandwithVic hastag".

The Internet's Most Trusted Anime News Source my white ass
:laugh:

Sometimes I wonder how people this stupid can seriously hope to run a business. Whether the Vic Mignogna thing turns out to be justified or not doesn't matter to me at this point, I just hope these assholes go down.

Meh, I've been hearing not-so-great things about Vic for years and the fact that other VAs are saying he's done shit leads me to believe he's probably done shit. The extent of that shit is another thing, though.

Then again, I'm not a fan of him either way, lol. But the shittiest thing to me is that people are trying to doxx his (former) colleagues for saying Vic's harassed them in the past... Whether you believe it or not let's uhhhh not go attacking anyone, maybe? :/

See, kids, this is why you stick to watching anime in Japanese because your fave VAs are much less likely to be called out for sexual harassment they may or may not have committed! /s

Bullshit, I bet y'all have been glad I haven't been shilling my newest obsession for a while.

I'm around, I've just had nothing much to contribute lol.

Nah, we're just wondering what your next weird obsession was going to be. Gay Chinese Zombie fighters was my favorite so far.

Yet they were silly enough to stab the fans because as you know anti fans are the ones that usually buy your shit.

Guilty or not the guy is a distraction. Firing him isn't saying they think he's guilty.

I SPEAK ENGLISH THO

And we tolerate you despite this deficiency.

I dislike people that quote bad anime lines. We have enough of this in the media.
on advice from ZK.

People die when they are killed.

The rest is true, except for this part. I don't how you'd come to that conclusion.
It's not exactly the same, but it reminds me of the Pewdiepie hit pieces by WaPo, it was obvious to any person with a half functioning brain that the clips taken from him were jokes, yet Youtube dropped his Red series anyway. By doing so they made it seem like Pewdiepie was guilty, and that they are harboring extremist content. Granted sexual harassment accusations aren't in the same vain as easily disprovable anti semitism accusation, but it still looks bad in the eyes of their main consumers.

It's not exactly the same, but it reminds me of the Pewdiepie hit pieces by WaPo, it was obvious to any person with a half functioning brain that the clips taken from him were jokes, yet Youtube dropped his Red series anyway. By doing so they made it seem like Pewdiepie was guilty, and that they are harboring extremist content. Granted sexual harassment accusations aren't in the same vain as easily disprovable anti semitism accusation, but it still looks bad in the eyes of their main consumers.

Fair enough. I'm just commenting generally. I literally know nothing about this story other than what I've read in this thread because I don't really care about any of the parties involved.

This animu's (Angels of Death) concept is nice but I really don't like how they repeat the same dialogue over and over. ^^;; It could be amazing otherwise.

I'm so obsessed with Lord of Lords Ryu Knight I'm going crazy trying to find a figure of Hyunt-kun's fighter, but can't, so *sad face*

And in general I so wish I had more time to animu-watch. It's hard to split time between watching animus and doing other things. I'm one of those dirty bingewatchers when I get interested. XD

Nah, we're just wondering what your next weird obsession was going to be. Gay Chinese Zombie fighters was my favorite so far.
Honestly this is the one that caught me most off guard. It got me to actually read a book. Granted, it's a web novel, but it's over 100 chapters that are like 8000 words each.

Also, slight correction: it's gay ancient Chinese zombie fighters.

Maybe feel like watching a show again after that. Any quick thoughts on Bunny Girl Senpai?
It was an interesting show with an interesting premise. It reminded me in many ways of a less Shaft-y Monogatari series, with some great witty dialogue particularly between the leads. A lot of people were also comparing it to Snafu, but as I haven't seen that I can't really comment on it.

I was a little disappointed with parts of the series, but I think part of that can be attributed to the perhaps excessive analysis some of us were doing in the discussion thread. That said, it had some great parts, and I did find a character I liked enough to have added to my claiming society banner...

Back