YouTubers Discussion

Here are some of my favourites. Most of these are probably fairly well known, but I'm posting about them anyway.

King K

Does in-depth analysis videos on games while talking with a voice I would have sex with if I could.

Game Maker's Toolkit

Another gaming channel, this one focusing on game design from a designer's perspective. I find this super interesting despite not being a game designer. @Gens might like this, if she's not aware of him already of course.

Glass Reflection

I don't think anyone here doesn't know who this guy is, but I felt like mentioning him anyway since I like his style the best. Yes, more than Gigguk's. Sue me.

Todd in the Shadows

I mostly watch him for his One Hit Wonderland series, where he explores bands and musicians known for only one song in depth. Great stuff.

dannydinosaur

Really funny Let's Plays.

Helpful Vancouver Vet

Yes, I watch a vet talk about how to care for cats even though I don't have a cat. Anyone surprised? :3

Jaiden Animations

I'm not too much into story time animation stuff, but I like her style.

VortexxyGaming

My favourite Zelda-themed channel. Unfortunately, it seems she's passed away, so what's on there now is all there is. Such a shame, because I really enjoy her theories.

Alecxandxr

Fantastic in-depth anime analysis.

My favourite youtuber right now is Joseph Anderson (funniest dude on youtube IMO, although he's more of a twitch streamer I guess. But his Persona 5 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 playthroughs are a blast)

Another youtuber I love is CallMeCarson because some of his videos literally have me in tears

Then there are the Game Grumps of course, but those are kind of an obvious mention

TheKingNappy (or NappyTheGreat) is another youtuber I never miss a video of. I love his pokemon let's plays, but he also played Bayonetta 1 and 2 and y'all know I'm all for that

Other honorable mentions are Lucahjin (best Danganronpa let's play on YT), JonTron and ProZD

Oh and I get my random doses of cuteness from cumlordofficial (yes, you read that right), because that dog, despite his name, is just too fucking adorable

And obviously I follow a bunch of italian channels too but I feel like mentioning them would be worthless :P

Last edited:
I break my followed channels into groups.

You got the sports guys:
Bleacher Report. Who do a great NFL parody series called Gridiron Heights.
FivePoints Vids. Funny dude.
KTO. More of an analytical guy.
SB Nation. Do a lot of series', but my favorite is The Worst.
That's Good Sports. A bitter, bearded Broncos fan like myself. Funny dude.
Urinating Tree. Hilarious dude who blew up this football season.
...And Wrestling With Wregret...shut up. I don't watch wrestling. I just find him entertaining and informative.

You got the movie/TV guys:
CinemaSins and his Music and TV Sins channel. Hilariously nitpicky.
Dorkly. Who do a little of everything entertainment wise.
Jeremy Jahns. Quick, concise, hilarious.
Looper. Like WatchMojo, but with integrity and having an iota of knowledge of what they're talking about.
Pushing Up Roses. Recent follow. Found her last month, but her videos are good.
RebelTaxi. Kind of a cringe type comedy reviewer. But he does a great podcast. Been there since episode 1.
And Screen Junkies. They of Honest Trailers fame.

You got the game channels:
All Time Gaming. Another recent follow, but they crack me up.
ArraySeven. TF2 guy. Very informative.
Crayator. Kinda fell into the Fortnite craze, but he occasionally does other stuff. Has an awesome mustache.
The Killian Experience. Just an...odd fellow.
Monto. Great DBD channel.
MoreMuselk. He fell BAD into Fornite, so he eventually made a spare channel for non-Fortnite stuff.
Soundsmith. Another funny TF2 dude.
StarryKrow. Yet another funny TF2 dude.
TGN. Funny channel that covers mostly Overwatch.

The LoL channels...yes, I follow a lot of channel who do mostly LoL.
DarkkMane.
FrostPrime.
KiandyMundy
Kshaway. Been doing a series called Wood Division Adventures for like...ever.
MagikarpUsedFly.
RossBoomsocks
WhyGuy

And misc stuff that doesn't quite fit into anything up there, but is funny and enjoyable.
BruvaAlfabusa. Who does a GREAT 40K parody series called If The Emperor Had A Text To Speech Device.
DoorMonster. Funny sketch channel.
Glove And Boots. Funny puppet guys.
How To DAD. Funny dad guy.
Life Of Boris. The Slav Superstar.
ToxicEternity. Video game metal music guy.

And a boatload of other stuff not really worth sharing.

I only really follow people from the "olden days" like AVGN, Nostalgia Critic (and other ex-TGWTG creators like Linkara or Lindsay Ellis) and maybe WatchMojo and CinemaSins. Everything else I just watch as I go to this day.

Down the Rabbit Hole is a pretty interesting channel @TurkeyGami pointed out to me when I talked to him about another YT creator called DarksydePhil and is infuriating inability to play Metal Gear Solid games correctly. The channel explores the stranger parts of the internet and discusses the histories and mental states of some creators like Spoony or the Sonichu guy. Pretty cool stuff.

...I still follow CollegeHumor for some reason. Man, they haven't been funny in years xD

These two are great for finding out about more obscure movies. They're both really knowledgeable about film in general. I prefer Ralph because he's the funnier of the two, but I really like YMS's quickie reviews.

For other people that talk about movies I like
Ryan Hollinger- He give pretty good retrospectives on horror movies. He covers their themes in depth and he gives all his reviews a personal touch. I don't always agree with him, but he's clearly passionate about horror films so even when I don't agree I still like to listen to him talk.

Folding Ideas doesn't post much anymore, but his older videos about the making of film were great. I also loved his video deconstructing why Suicide Squad is a complete failure of editing.

Time to throw odd channels at you all!

Kurzgesagt: quality videos about philosophy, science, sociology and all manner of interesting existential stuff.
Techmoan: videos about consumer electronics with a good attention to detail and a calming narrator. Watch out for the puppet skits.
Bill Wurtz: cute songs with surreal videos by the guy who did History of Japan.
Binging with Babish: cooking videos. Mostly foods from TV shows and movies, but also does a series of Basics videos that are pretty easy to follow.
You Suck at Cooking: more cooking videos, this time with a comedic bent.
World Order: brilliant Japanese electronic outfit with robotic choreography.

For movie reviews I'm all about Mark Kermode and his kermodeandmayo podcast/YT channel.

k3b9GE8.png

Folding Ideas doesn't post much anymore, but his older videos about the making of film were great. I also loved his video deconstructing why Suicide Squad is a complete failure of editing.

Damn, now you're making me remember that Every Frame a Painting no longer do videos. Their ones on Edgar Wright's visual comedy style and Satoshi Kon's use of transitions were great.

Down the Rabbit Hole is a pretty interesting channel @TurkeyGami pointed out to me when I talked to him about another YT creator called DarksydePhil and is infuriating inability to play Metal Gear Solid games correctly. The channel explores the stranger parts of the internet and discusses the histories and mental states of some creators like Spoony or the Sonichu guy. Pretty cool stuff.
I completely forgot to mention this guy in my list. He has made some really interesting documentary-type of videos of many really interesting subjects.

Also glad to see another AVGN and NC fan. They are sole reason why I started to watch more and more Youtube way back when.

These two are great for finding out about more obscure movies. They're both really knowledgeable about film in general. I prefer Ralph because he's the funnier of the two, but I really like YMS's quickie reviews..
True. I also love how they both rip a bad movies or TV-shows a new one (Especially Ralph with his reviews of Mystery Diners and ghost shows. Really entertaining stuff). But the fact is that they really know their stuff when it comes to movies and they both have led me to find some really interesting flicks to watch.

True. I also love how they both rip a bad movies or TV-shows a new one (Especially Ralph with his reviews of Mystery Diners and ghost shows. Really entertaining stuff). But the fact is that they really know their stuff when it comes to movies and they both have led me to find some really interesting flicks to watch.

The Mystery Diners episode is probably always going to be my favorite video that he's made. The other one that I love is his After Last Season review. That video is how I discovered him.
This will probably be a blast of nostalgia for the defunct bad movie club.

Back