WATATEN!: an Angel Flew Down to Me

So wait, am I understanding the synopsis correctly? A college student falls in love with her little sister's classmate who is (presumably) a fifth grader? Man, this could get really creepy really fast.

episode 1:

fuck off with this pedo shit

it's not as bad as uzamaid, and it looks good, but still

Oh look, a shoujo-ai show that might be all kinds of cute. Let's check out the synopsis...

Synopsis said:
Miyako is a shy college student who is also an otaku. One day she happens to meet some angelic grade school kids!
ಠ_ಠ

giphy.gif

Episode 1:

It's Uzamaid but...minus the stupid fun comedy. Ah who am I kidding? It's another Doga Kobo yuri loli anime. Of course I'm gonna enjoy it because I'm a fucking degenerate.

these are time when I ask myself "wtf am I watching?" but then I realize it's not the anime fault I'm just... a weirdo! hahahaha well it really gives the same felling as uzamaid. I think every year we have to watch one of this anime soo...

Ep1:
The lolis are cute, I guess. But since this is more earnest than Uzamaid, it makes the student gal even more creepy than the Maid, with the over the top zaniness removed. Animation is nothing special, just fluffiness and some pastel colors.
The jokes on the other hand are quite hit and miss. I cringed at some and mildly chuckled at some others.

It's Uzamaid but...minus the stupid fun comedy.
The jokes on the other hand are quite hit and miss.
Yeah, I...yeah.

Ugh--goddammit. That final scene...f***, I might just give this another week.

I shouldn't, because this episode had virtually NONE of the Roadrunner/Wile E. Coyote absurdity that made LoliconMaid amusing--but the prospect (and I emphasize prospect) that this could (I know it won't, but could) do something interesting with exploring Miyako's anxieties as the driving force for her growing association with 10-year-old girls has me at least wondering if there might not be something worthwhile about this series.

But it was literally that final scene where she's finally put on the costume that got me. Everything else was dull and uncomfortable, but that final scene, where the little girl sees her and (I assume) thinks it's cool that Miyako's mahou shojo-ing it up...that there could be complexity in her sudden and seemingly romantic feelings, that the little girls are unthreatening and, therefore, a part of the world she can interact with norma--well, "normally" is...

You get one episode to show me this isn't just pervy and un-funny, show. Don't waste it.

Or do. I'm looking for stuff to drop, this season.

From the first episode...it was good. It lacks the comedy of UzaMaid, but it's fine. Hinata's probably my favorite thus far due to her innocence in not understanding that her sister's kind of creeping on her friend.

I kind of have the same feeling with UzaMaid, which was actually one of my favourites of last year, but I of course have no central issues with the humor of the series because of its self-awareness in how messed up the premise is, and Miyako is certainly not as creepy as Tsubame was.

Looking forward to watching more.

Episode 1:

I LOVE the art style and the colors! This was really cute, got a little creepy a few times, but was still cute.

Can't wait for more :D

Complete and utter garbage. It had some funny moments but nowhere near enough to save the episode. I'll probably give it another chance but I have no expectations.

Complete and utter garbage. It had some funny moments but nowhere near enough to save the episode. I'll probably give it another chance but I have no expectations.
I honestly wouldn't myself. From all accounts, it's mediocre. Some moments are funny, like with Hinata, but gven how it started off as a four panel manga, I don't see it as being enough to make a full length show.

Ep2:
The third loli in the loli harem is also cute, but her shtick was seriously running dry after the first half of the episode. It got annoying. I don't think the mediocre jokes will last for an entire season. Also less creepy moments with the lolicon, except for that closet scene.

her shtick was seriously running dry after the first half of the episode
I didn't even make it that far. I skimmed the episode, frankly, after the first 6 or 7 minutes. Loli Ranger Blonde just did not bring the kind of dynamic to the group that I was hoping for (like, in a comedic sense).

Dropped. I've got Spider-Man to play.

I didn't even make it that far. I skimmed the episode, frankly, after the first 6 or 7 minutes. Loli Ranger Blonde just did not bring the kind of dynamic to the group that I was hoping for (like, in a comedic sense).

Dropped. I've got Spider-Man to play.
I can completely understand that. If I wouldn't be such a sucker for cute shizzle, I would have dropped it already. So I can just wait until it gets creepy enough to ruin that for me.

Back