Boogiepop wa Warawanai

Yeah, it's pretty much fine to go into this one standalone even if you haven't seen the original. As far as I know, the original boogiepop series, was an entirely original story. This will be adapting the light novels directly.

So I just found out, the first episode is going to be a one hour special for this.

Oh boi, oh boi, oh boi, oh boi............they're starting off with a bang. I hope they manage to use that one hour to it's fullest extent. Getting really hyped over here.

So I just found out, the first episode is going to be a one hour special for this.

Oh boi, oh boi, oh boi, oh boi............they're starting off with a bang. I hope they manage to use that one hour to it's fullest extent. Getting really hyped over here.
Waiting for January like
tenor.gif

Oh shit! That's a great sign!
I mean tbf Rewrite had a 1 hour special 1st episode and that was the best episode it had, all downhill from there and sucked monkey balls by the end...

And then there was Unlimited Blade Works...

Actually fuck I can't think of any shows with a 1 hour special 1st episode that I liked... tbf though I can't think of any others off the top of my head...

I mean tbf Rewrite had a 1 hour special 1st episode and that was the best episode it had, all downhill from there and sucked monkey balls by the end...

And then there was Unlimited Blade Works...

Actually fuck I can't think of any shows with a 1 hour special 1st episode that I liked... tbf though I can't think of any others off the top of my head...
Look at the bright side both rewrite and UBW are VN adaptations, this one is an LN adaptation from the time LNs didn't suck ass. This one still has hope.

Does anyone know what service this is going to be airing on in the US, if any?
I have no idea where anything is simulcasting yet... this is even worse than normal, the season literally starts tomorrow... technically today in Japan...

Literally the one big thing MAL is still useful for, with their simulcast list every season, and they don't even have that yet >.>

edit: Oh hey I found this thread on CR that includes Boogiepop =D

I have no idea where anything is simulcasting yet... this is even worse than normal, the season literally starts tomorrow... technically today in Japan...

Literally the one big thing MAL is still useful for, with their simulcast list every season, and they don't even have that yet >.>

edit: Oh hey I found this thread on CR that includes Boogiepop =D

FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Eps1-2
Uh oh. Something must be wrong with my eyes because the animation looked wonky/weird here and there...maybe it’s just me? Also, I am massively confused about the story, as I was with the first series.

ok so it wasn’t just my imagination :( yabaiii
pDqDUp9.jpg

Last edited:
Episodes 1 & 2:

I'm actually really glad they aired two episodes together (and not just because I was so hyped XD). That first one wasn't really doing it for me... but the second brought the hype back around =D

I'm definitely seeing the parallels with the 2000 series; many of the characters of course, but also things like the drug plot, and the talk about the government agency. And it's all quite a bit clearer than the previous series too, but still with enough elements of mystery to keep us guessing how things will play out. And I'm happy for that.

Interesting how different Echoes is though :o Like, almost completely different XD

Episode 1 had me a little bit worried, but after 2 I'm ready to see what happens =D The art style feels a little too generic... but on the other hand, at least it's a lot easier to tell the characters apart XD

Episode 2,
it definitely made a lot of sense to air two episodes instead of just one. Its definitely picking up in the 2nd episode. I gotta say that the animation feels good compared to the original. Even though the original came out in 2000, I was left with the impression they just couldn't do a lot animation-wise. I feel optimistic about this adaption though!

Back