Television Discussion

The Good Place better get some kind of award for "Janet(s)". Cause D'Arcy Carden freaking nailed that episode.
Playing your character, who is actually the other four characters, and even one of those four characters pretending to be one of the others...I mean goddamn. That woman has talent.

Holiday Gingerbread Showdown

Some of the stuff they make is so fucking awesome as fuck. This gingerbread Victorian house is absolutely gorgeous and filled with details! There's little toys in the house, a tree with lights, more toys, and just an unbelievable amount of detail. It is literally perfect.The windows have little emblems in them, the door has a doorknocker, a perfect sleigh, absolutely gorgeous. The other ones are pretty good, nice detail and artistic sense but that house while not entirely "Santa's Workshop" was amazing.

Africa

Narrated by David Attenborough, it was while I was waiting for a package to arrive that hasn't arrived yet but it's really fascinating. Absolutely gorgeous, even in it's death world landscapes of sweeping desert or salt lakes, cold dank caves where the only life in it's fossil waters are blind catfish. How these adorable, cute widdle baby turtles were making their way to the water when some douchebag crows, falcon things and this punk ass motherfucking shiteating crab try to kill them. It was focusing on this little baby turtle and a crab tried to jump it and bring it back to it's lair but it shook it off! I was so invested in her story, in that little baby turtle to make it and not get plucked by a feathered douchebag. When he made it to the water and avoided the last crow divebombing the water, I celebrated. 1/1000 live from birth to the safe area of the water, and ones that live live to 80+ years. So many were plucked from their crawl to the water, but that one made it.

It's some real good stuff.

Oh, shit.
DuLnv20WkAMoVJp.jpg

We're doing this.

Oh, shit.
DuLnv20WkAMoVJp.jpg

We're doing this.

I haven't watched any Arrowverse stuff but
if it's not the Anti-Monitor and Supergirl or one of the Flashes doesn't die it's false advertising

Ooh wait, they have Batwoman in these CW shows now?
arrow_s07e9_still_1_embed.jpg

Looks passable tbh except for the fake-looking hair (but Kate wears a wig in the comics so I guess it's accurate somehow).

Been re-watching some Count Duckula and Looney Tunes lately because nothing quite beats the classics.

Last edited:
ZK and Thrawn's convinced me, to start Happy. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH BLACK COMEDY IN YOUR LIFE.

Just watched the second episode and it's pretty great. I like the way it takes what could be a stale main character archetype and mixes it up by making him so repulsive. It's not the first time I've seen this, but the main character here looks like he smells like a dumpster. Usually these kinds of anti-heroes are supposed to play to the lizard brain where you think they're cool because they're gruff, but they get shit done. This guy gets shit done, but usually in a way that is painful and hilarious.

I haven't watched any Arrowverse stuff but
if it's not the Anti-Monitor and Supergirl or one of the Flashes doesn't die it's false advertising

Ooh wait, they have Batgirl in these CW shows now?
arrow_s07e9_still_1_embed.jpg

Looks passable tbh except for the fake-looking hair (but Katy wears a wig in the comics so I guess it's accurate somehow).

Been re-watching some Count Duckula and Looney Tunes lately because nothing quite beats the classics.
Yeah, we officially have Gotham now. She's getting her own spin-off next year, so she made her on-screen debut in the latest crossover. She did...okay. She didn't have a lot of screentime, but she'll grow into hopefully. And yes, it's a wig. Sewn onto the cowl oddly enough. Not sure how she gets the thing on.

ZK and Thrawn's convinced me, to start Happy. YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH BLACK COMEDY IN YOUR LIFE.

I always knew you had good taste.

Just watched the second episode and it's pretty great. I like the way it takes what could be a stale main character archetype and mixes it up by making him so repulsive. It's not the first time I've seen this, but the main character here looks like he smells like a dumpster. Usually these kinds of anti-heroes are supposed to play to the lizard brain where you think they're cool because they're gruff, but they get shit done. This guy gets shit done, but usually in a way that is painful and hilarious.

He looks as well-smelling as the Very Bad Santa, who reminds me of that pedo Santa in Hobo With a Shotgun but less pedo and I don't know where I'm going with this but damn he's creepy uncomfortable in a good bad way. Show has some great style and life to it.

Riverdale Mid-Season 3 Finale

This is so amazingly dumb. It's just absolutely bugnuts and builds up on the bugnuttery of the lunatic second season. At the mid-season break, we get (Massive spoilers):

More gangs, DnD consuming the lives of kids by name of Gryphons and Gargoyles with the enigmatic Gargoyle King taking roost and kids drinking cyanide spiked koolaid to "ascend", Gargoyle Gangs, more drugs in the form of candy by way of Fizzle Rocks (Pop Rocks druggified), Archie getting convicted for murder and sent to juvenile prison where they have an underground fight ring AND the warden plays GnG, breakout but not before an impromptu football session with Riverdale Vixens cheerleading, breaking Archie out of prison, more cults that might not be the Gargoyle King but takes a back seat for a spell, increasing amounts of people having seizures, the Nuit Blanche (Undergroundish night club) having a gambling night despite not serving any alcohol and not making much of a profit, blatant corruption and abuse of power, Archie and Jughead on the lamb, Archie doing more Archie things, and ending with the town quarantined from what must be contagious seizures.

Plot threads are picked up and dropped on a whim, a surprisingly good cover of Dream Warriors when musical bits are either hit or miss but usually cheese, out of context barely any of it makes sense and it's just a hilarious, enjoyable mess. So much of it is so ridiculously dumb, plans and reasoning, how things work out, and it's just fun as all hell. And everything Cheryl says is pure gold.

I'd post the video, but it would not make sense out of context.
It's also one of the best episodes of the season.

Riverdale Mid-Season 3 Finale

This is so amazingly dumb. It's just absolutely bugnuts and builds up on the bugnuttery of the lunatic second season. At the mid-season break, we get (Massive spoilers):

More gangs, DnD consuming the lives of kids by name of Gryphons and Gargoyles with the enigmatic Gargoyle King taking roost and kids drinking cyanide spiked koolaid to "ascend", Gargoyle Gangs, more drugs in the form of candy by way of Fizzle Rocks (Pop Rocks druggified), Archie getting convicted for murder and sent to juvenile prison where they have an underground fight ring AND the warden plays GnG, breakout but not before an impromptu football session with Riverdale Vixens cheerleading, breaking Archie out of prison, more cults that might not be the Gargoyle King but takes a back seat for a spell, increasing amounts of people having seizures, the Nuit Blanche (Undergroundish night club) having a gambling night despite not serving any alcohol and not making much of a profit, blatant corruption and abuse of power, Archie and Jughead on the lamb, Archie doing more Archie things, and ending with the town quarantined from what must be contagious seizures.

Plot threads are picked up and dropped on a whim, a surprisingly good cover of Dream Warriors when musical bits are either hit or miss but usually cheese, out of context barely any of it makes sense and it's just a hilarious, enjoyable mess. So much of it is so ridiculously dumb, plans and reasoning, how things work out, and it's just fun as all hell. And everything Cheryl says is pure gold.

I'd post the video, but it would not make sense out of context.
It's also one of the best episodes of the season.
...Well, now I can say I've heard a cover of a Dokken song performed by live action Archie characters.

What a time to be alive.

Discontinued

Oh, the cringe. I thought this was gonna be an interesting look at discontinued toys and such. Instead, I got one of those I Love The Decade type "Hey, remember this?" show where Z-list comedians make bad jokes about the product or thing. And worst of all, they dragged poor Black Nerd into being the host of this drivel. He's better than this.

Just watched the first episode of Metalocalypse and if one of the first jokes in a metal parody show is a reference to Mayhem's infamous Dawn of the Black Hearts bootleg live album cover I at least know that whoever made this knows their metal history and it's not just basic bullshit.

Them playing the coffee jingle was great and the grocery shopping at Finntroll's (haha) or what they refer to as "food library". Some nice gore like people having their faces melted off and some guy flying through helicopter blades. Dethklok's fans remind me of the numb nuts that go to DMC gigs. The backgrounds have that metal album cover style and I hope that direct references are soon introduced. Mark Hamill voiced two characters already and one looks like he will play a larger role (government guy).

Also, [adult swim] is pretty cool for letting me watch all seasons on their website even though I'm not a 'Murican.

Just watched the first episode of Metalocalypse and if one of the first jokes in a metal parody show is a reference to Mayhem's infamous Dawn of the Black Hearts bootleg live album cover I at least know that whoever made this knows their metal history and it's not just basic bullshit.

Them playing the coffee jingle was great and the grocery shopping at Finntroll's (haha) or what they refer to as "food library". Some nice gore like people having their faces melted off and some guy flying through helicopter blades. Dethklok's fans remind me of the numb nuts that go to DMC gigs. The backgrounds have that metal album cover style and I hope that direct references are soon introduced. Mark Hamill voiced two characters already and one looks like he will play a larger role (government guy).

Also, [adult swim] is pretty cool for letting me watch all seasons on their website even though I'm not a 'Murican.
Yeeesssssss. More people need to watch it.

tumblr_m4qza8t1Yo1qdhxyeo1_500.gif

Yeah, if you love metal references, you're in the right place. Brendon Small is actually a giant metal head. Which you wouldn't expect when you look at the guy.
220px-Brendon_Small_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Does all the music on the show, and even released two concept albums.

Yeah, if you love metal references, you're in the right place. Brendon Small is actually a giant metal head. Which you wouldn't expect when you look at the guy.
220px-Brendon_Small_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

Does all the music on the show, and even released two concept albums.

He also voices half of Dethklok apparently. Pretty impressive.

The Haunting of Hill House (on ep 5)

This is good shit. My only real complaints are with theo, but I can't even say what they are so this might as well be a complaintless post. The twist here, or shall I say the BEND HAHA no I won't. Was brilliant. I got chills. There weren't many times ever watching horror where i've been legitimately scared but there were a few moments in this show so far where i was on edge, because of the constant atmosphere it has through its 10 frickin hour runtime, it's just so oppressive that you can't not be scared a few times. Though I only really felt it during the part where she was in the house there, when everything was eerily fine and she was hallucinating, and once or twice in ep 2, jump scares were there and didn't affect me but those moments weren't bad, still.

Good show.

The Haunting of Hill House (on ep 5)

This is good shit. My only real complaints are with theo, but I can't even say what they are so this might as well be a complaintless post. The twist here, or shall I say the BEND HAHA no I won't. Was brilliant. I got chills. There weren't many times ever watching horror where i've been legitimately scared but there were a few moments in this show so far where i was on edge, because of the constant atmosphere it has through its 10 frickin hour runtime, it's just so oppressive that you can't not be scared a few times. Though I only really felt it during the part where she was in the house there, when everything was eerily fine and she was hallucinating, and once or twice in ep 2, jump scares were there and didn't affect me but those moments weren't bad, still.

Good show.

This show does have one of the best jump scares I've ever seen.
It's the one in episode 9 when Theo and Shirely are having that super nasty argument in car on the way to save Luke. They just having their terribly toxic argument laying everything on the table when Nell pops out of the back seat and tells then to shut up. It's a perfectly constructed jump scare because you're focused on the drama that you're not expecting it at all. Yet, it makes perfect sense in the context of the relationship between the siblings. It really was brilliant.
The good drama and well developed characters are what set the show apart. It's as much a family drama as it is a horror series.

I have to say I had a bit of crush on Theo.
The icy psychic lesbian tsundere that keeps everything at arms length because she feels things so deeply. Having a stronger psychic connection to her mother has caused Theo a great amount of pain, making her life kind of tragic in its loneliness.

The good drama and well developed characters are what set the show apart. It's as much a family drama as it is a horror series.
Just watched ep 6, and right you are. It's a particularly good one because of the horror actually and in this episode it just blended so well together, the directing also, I was bewildered how it was almost entirely one shot the whole time. That is some fucking incredible cinematography, but not to distract from how good the acting and drama is this episode with all of the characters, and then the utterly heartbreaking ending clip
i was right here, but no one could see me

I think episode 6 might be my favorite so far.

Back