Sarazanmai

Why can't it ever be about crooked cops siding with the drug dealers and selling information while trying to keep one step ahead of his comrades in trying to nab the dealers?

I was planning on watching Ikuhara's previous works first. This is a tough choice.
I liked Penguindrum quite a bit, if you're able to get over the drag in the middle. Although everything the director does seems to be unique in some way, so it's not like you can prepare yourself by watching anything else of him first.

Although everything the director does seems to be unique in some way, so it's not like you can prepare yourself by watching anything else of him first.
It's mostly me liking to watch this kind of creators' works (or franchises like Gundam) in the chronological order they came out in, partially because I want to see how they change throughout the years. So it's not exactly a big deal.

It's mostly me liking to watch this kind of creators' works (or franchises like Gundam) in the chronological order they came out in, partially because I want to see how they change throughout the years. So it's not exactly a big deal.
Oh, I do the same within franchises, but never for a particular director or artist. Although it's probably interesting to pay more attention to that.

Anime is real. Looks like the wet dream of every weeb. A show with anime dudes walking around in real life? Sign me the fuck up.

Man, that cop tho:

tenor.gif

All my doki doki.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ne...veals-story-summary-character-designs/.139344

I think I had to rub my eyeballs twice reading this plot summary. Leave it to Ikuhara, to make the most WTF sounding thing ever. Stealing someones soul through a person's anus? Wut, what? WHAT. The gayness levels cannot be contained.

An evil cappa is forcing three dudes to have gay sex with zombies to steal their magic butthole organ? This better be a major deconstruction of yaoi.

I'd like to say that I've reached maximum confusion about what they want to accomplish with this show, but I think they'll try to further top it.

It feels like To Be Heroine already and I hope it will be as good as that was. I think I found something I'm actually starting to get hyped about.

To be fair, stealing the Shirikodama through a person's anus is a long-standing part of the legend of Kappas... But yeah it's still super weird and this synopsis of the show is just vague enough to sound even weirder...

Color me curious...
Ikuharas work tends to be all highly abstract, weird and symbolic, if you’re actually into that kind of thing then it’s definitely worth watching his stuff.

He is the best in the anime business at it imo.

Ikuharas work tends to be all highly abstract, weird and symbolic, if you’re actually into that kind of thing then it’s definitely worth watching his stuff.

He is the best in the anime business at it imo.
Sometimes... Stuff of that sort is pretty hit-or-miss for me. A major problem that comes up a lot for me with more abstract stuff is that I have to have some sort of story in there, and the harder the abstract and symbolic stuff is to understand, the better and more coherent that story needs to be to make me give a shit about the rest. As I'm sure you can imagine, that can be a pretty hard task... even the newer Bladerunner quickly started boring me as the plot became less interesting and it focused on the philosophy instead.

I have had Penguindrum on my list for some time though... or at least I think it's on there... sometimes I just note something in my head and forget to actually put it on the list-proper... Also that list needs a good cleaning...

Sometimes... Stuff of that sort is pretty hit-or-miss for me. A major problem that comes up a lot for me with more abstract stuff is that I have to have some sort of story in there, and the harder the abstract and symbolic stuff is to understand, the better and more coherent that story needs to be to make me give a shit about the rest. As I'm sure you can imagine, that can be a pretty hard task... even the newer Bladerunner quickly started boring me as the plot became less interesting and it focused on the philosophy instead.

I have had Penguindrum on my list for some time though... or at least I think it's on there... sometimes I just note something in my head and forget to actually put it on the list-proper... Also that list needs a good cleaning...
You have to watch To Be Heroine then. I think it's the right mix of abstract and actual plot for you.

Back