RErideD: Derrida, who leaps through time

EP. 1-4

Looks like it has potential. Evil corp in bed with evil gov't, car chases, killer robots, and a hit women like Roberta.
Looks like fun, if they don't fuck it up later on.

I agree on it having potential. It's going to really be good if they can manage to balance without being overly into certain tropes. Right now I'm hoping this Time based mechanic won't turn too confusing.

Ep1:
Is a total trainwreck. It had 20 minutes to explain to me the setting...and it failed to do so. Honestly I have no idea what’s happening. I hope it doesn’t stay this way for the following episodes.

Last edited:
Episode 1-4:
Baby's first sci-fi dystopia. All the tropes, but mixed into a mildly interesting premise and a few mildly interesting mysteries.

Episodes 1-2:
Wow, they should have REwriteD this whole thing... eh, eh?

Seriously though, this writing is shit... Things just happen, for no apparent reason other than "the plot demands it," people do things for no discernible reason (what kind of fucking dumbass just hops up into a random tube that looks exactly like every cryostasis tube in any movie ever after randomly falling down a hole in the middle of the goddamn woods into a mysterious abandoned facility that was used for fuck knows what?!), it's all just kind of strung together as "event A happens, then event B happens, then event C happens..." with little if any connection between each one, a fucking eight-year-old is doing time travel experiments apparently, and the whole thing does pretty much fuckall to establish its world beyond extremely surface-level shit. Which is a shame, because there are some good production values at times, and this feels like a competent writer could have made something interesting with this world and basic premise.... except one detail that the entire fucking plot kind of hangs on...

As far as I can tell at this point, sifting through this shitty writing, the MacGuffin that everyone is after is a piece of code. JUST GET ANOTHER FUCKING PROGRAMMER TO REWRITE IT! There, entire plot destroyed. Also if they had a bug that could literally cause the fucking robo-zombie apocalypse, you bet your ass that 8-year-old would be having a sad, lonely birthday because daddy and honorary uncle Derrida would be stuck in their cubicles loaded up on enough coffee and energy drinks to kill an elephant, whether that recall was going out or not. And it wouldn't be getting locked up in whatever-the-fuck-I-don't-even-fucking-know-because-this-damn-show-is-so-bad-at-explaining-shit, that shit would be merged into main the fucking second it was done and successfully tested so all new units at least would be getting it automatically. And, idk, maybe just update the existing ones over the fucking wifi.

And of course I'm stuck with this bad show that's shitting all over my two main passions (programming and storytelling) thanks to ALG =D

@MistLiigh I was just all a dream. None of it ever happened. That would save the plot, eh! A Stein's Gate abortion. We'll see how much worse it will get. Did you not know? @GenSan is Diablo? And she forces you to write painful reviews! Try DTBA that is more evil! Train wreck!

Last edited:
1-4:

CarefreeBothGalapagospenguin-small.gif

This show is very boring and poorly written tripe filled with logical holes plus technobabble. The villain is an annoying cartoonish caricature with his grovelling incompetence and he looks like a Trump impersonator. The assassin isn't much better either, it reminds me of how team rocket kept failing to capture pickachu.

But man oh man, the way things proceed just feels random to me. Like, there are shots in this show, where it's just confusing to follow and it's all over the place. It doesn't have a very good sense of continuity. Jesus christ, does the directing of this show fucking suck donkey. In the first episode, the villains fire hitting the car, but none of them hitting the guy? That's just dumb as hell. You have a million men, opening fire here and they don't hit this guy. Then the MC just happens to stumble his way haphazardly down some random place and crawls into a freezing chamber............I was too busy laughing at that. Robots have taken over the world and all that shizniz, yet they can't hit the broad side of a barn. The terminator rejects, also suffer from a serious case of storm trooper syndrome

Then there's stuff with the whole bug plot. I have no words, absolutely no words for the furious raging that was had.

The characters are pretty much all bland tropes, and I don't care about any of them. I was sitting there, checking off my trope checklist. Honestly, the best character is the talking car.

ALSO CHILDREN DO NOT ACT LIKE ADULTS. No anime, bad anime.

It's kind of sad, the best looking art of this show is basically in the ED. I can't take any of this goddamn shit seriously.

Last edited:
Episodes 3-4:
Well, they managed to at least explain why they didn't just have some other programmer come up with a new fucking patch... But of course, that logic only goes out exactly one step before becoming a fucking nonsensical mess again. Just... no. You can't even release a bugged video game without people flipping the fuck out, how does this show think a company can unleash murderous robo-zombies on the world and take zero backlash? And there was no explanation why they would even fucking want to in the first place. Fuck this stupid show...

So, the assassin wouldn't have even been recognizable as the same person between 2 and 3 if not for the markings around her eye... I can accept that she could have been wearing a wig when meeting with the fuck face Andrei the fuck face, but that's the kind of thing you sorta need to actually do fucking something to suggest. And then the part where she caused the cave-in... WHY?! That was a dumb plan, literally the first thing I said was "what the fuck are you doing, what makes you think there isn't another exit?" And why would they go diving into a hide-out with her right on their ass? You have to lose the person tailing you before a hide-out does any good! At least, unless the one tailing you is apparently stupid...

And the whole break-in from episode 4... just... ugh, everything was wrong with that. Everything.

Episode 5
Still full of potential, but there's going to be a need to explain how this mechanic works. Also, Mage is kind of an annoying goal. I feel like she's turning into this random goal so the plot can go on forever, which isn't a good idea. I'd like to stick to Derrida doing stuff instead of constantly yelling Mage's name.

Episodes 1-5
Man this show seems to air when it wants as well, or I keep missing the date for when episodes are supposed to come out. Anyways, the 'plot' is all over the place and honestly, it just feels like its got no idea what its doing episode to episode. Also the MC is pretty annoying, as are the antagonists to the whole series.

Ep.5
It’s episode effing five and I’m still confused as to where the plot is heading. I’m out. I can’t be blamed because this has got to be one of the worst shows I have ever seen. Inform me if it ever gets better.

Episodes 1-5
Ok, I can get over all that human rights violating, with the microchip tracking and authoritarian dystopia gig, but when there's no pie anymore, THAT'S WHEN YOU RALLY THE MASSES TO TAKE BACK FREEDOM.

Looking at the first five episodes, I genuinely wonder who ever gave a green light for this project. Like, I'd understand if it actually had a different kind of appeal or if it was more self-aware, but this is some hilarious stuff that's supposed to be taken as serious mature entertainment.

First of all, let me catch my breath on this... how do you accidentally trip and fall into a cryogenic chamber that's conveniently already set up and ready to go. And how did the pursuers not notice like an entire bunker just being there. Don't you usually check to see if, you know, the guy you chase to kill is actually dead? And ok, it's war and all, but how do buildings and objects from the future break down that much in just 10 years. Is it a Time Machine reference? If the androids are that easy to destroy, considering they punched through a bunch of them like they are from paper, how did lead to the end of the country, and how did the people just accept that the company that actually manufactured them, and the government that used them are not too bad after all. And holy, do the action sequences suck, starting from the gunfighting, physics (you know how Derrida actually caught Yuri as she fell from the 6th floor and they were both without a scratch), and as seen in the latest episode, the producers of this show have never held a knife in their entire life. And I still don't know how the time gimmick fits into this whole story, now how do they supposedly manage to do it. I could go on like this, but it would be both pointless and repeating what everyone else already said.

It's a bit of a snoozefest at times, but the craziness prevails. These guys are smoking some bad stuff, and I'm glad that the actual Derrida is not alive to see what kind of homage he gets paid in anime, because this would've definitely killed him. And I'm kind of bummed that Yoshitoshi Abe gets to work on something after a small eternity, and it turns out to be a terrible Steins;Gate knockoff.

Episode 5:
uc

I'm not sure I've ever seen an anime so accurately describe itself...

Seriously, nothing about this world makes sense and the entire plot is so ham-fisted I can still taste the mud. And this time travel shit? Ugh, fuck it...

At least I'm finally caught up, so I don't have to worry about this horseshit again until Wednesday...

Episodes 1-2:
Wow, they should have REwriteD this whole thing... eh, eh?

Seriously though, this writing is shit... Things just happen, for no apparent reason other than "the plot demands it," people do things for no discernible reason (what kind of fucking dumbass just hops up into a random tube that looks exactly like every cryostasis tube in any movie ever after randomly falling down a hole in the middle of the goddamn woods into a mysterious abandoned facility that was used for fuck knows what?!),
OMG this so much, dropped hard after episode 1.

Back