Bloom Into You

What is it with lesbians and flowers?
Nothing more dazzling, and better, than some nice lilies, nothing better:

HorribleSubsYuriKumaArashi-05720pmkv_snapshot_1424_20150203_130833.jpg

Mhm.

Last edited:
If there’s one thing I’m excited about this show, it’s the lovely classical soundtrack composed by Ms. Oshima Michiru.

01:

This was honestly lovely, and a pretty faithful adaptation that captured the calming atmosphere of the manga, I really have no complaints. The voices were pretty much more or less how I pictured they sounded, and the direction was solid. Starting off my day, good todaaaaaay.

Last edited:
Well
the ending where Touko states that she felt in love with Yuu seemed a little sporadic to me.
I am interested in continuing to watch the anime, however.

Episode 1
A good intro, the music is wonderful. Characters are pretty decent, and the story that could develop with the two characters thus far should be interesting.

Episode 1
Touko sure moves fast. A little too fast, honestly. What does she see in Yuu again?

I think the people complaining about the abruptness of the confession do make a fair point, and tbh, I was confused, and felt the same way about it too. It's not a particular trope I love either, but at the same, at this point in the story I think it's supposed to feel jarring. It starts making more sense, when we get to know Touko more. The series actually does a pretty good job on building it's characters.

Clarinets and flutes define tranquility.

MCs insensitivity with adolescent romance is somewhat relatable. There is more to romantic feelings than what a typical “I like you so I wanna go out with you” sort of romance offers. That being said, I’m curious as to how the MC will develop in character. If this show is going to be Yuri, then there better be character development at a deeper level and not just some Yuri for fan service.

Last edited:
Y'know, I thought the most exciting thing was going to be the girl-girl heartache, but I was wrong.

They drink Earl Grey.

#AOTS
If this show is going to be Yuri, then there better be character development at a deeper level and not just some Yuri for fan service.
It's not going to be yuri bait, if that's what you're worried about. And it's not going to be sexytime trash. Or, rather, it shouldn't be, given the source material.

It's probably my favorite of the yuri manga I read--and, in this case, it's not because of all the banging.

Touko sure moves fast. A little too fast, honestly. What does she see in Yuu again?
Yeah...it's an odd contrivance. I mean, crushing on her immediately makes sense, because that's one of the ways we can fall in love: this sudden, unexpected connection. But I think, here (and in the book), it's probably more of a shortcut to juicy bits of the story. Which I hope are juicy enough for us to forgive the suddenness of it (even if it was going for suddenness in-universe).

The voices were pretty much more or less how I pictured they sounded
From the previews, I was a little worried about the voices--insofar as I had very specific ideas of how they should sound, in my head, from having read the comic (I don't know why this one as opposed to others, but there we are) and the voices seemed to be...I dunno, wrong: Yuu sounded too pretty, Nanami too mature. Turns out I was worried over nothing.

If this were the dub, though...
F81.gif

H-hey, @GenSan.

"B-b-but we're both giiiiiiiiirls" in full effect. I am satisfied.

Episode 1:

Oh, this is good.

I liked some of the art directions this took with the backgrounds, especially that part where water was used as a visual metaphor for Yuu's loneliness within her small friend group. It gets a bit over-the-top with the sunset and wind effects behind senpai, but if it means we get subtle cues like the water scene, then I'm all for it.

I'm not a manga reader, so I'm going into this blind. I actually like that senpai already confessed her feelings right off the bat, even if it was a bit too quick off the trigger. I chalked it up to her finally finding a kindred spirit when it comes to opinions on romance - finding someone else who just gets it must have given her that instant, falling in love feeling she's been waiting on for some time. Meanwhile, since Yuu just got to know her senapai, it's understandable she hasn't felt this yet and has yet to fly off the ground.

So from here, it becomes a personal journey for Yuu, where she can either get that instant feeling of love, or she can realize love is something that takes time (yours and miiine~) and think about her feelings from there. All in all, a good, gentle start to a romance, although I'm worried it might take some questionable directions down the line. But that's always a worry with romantic series for me, so it's nothing out of the ordinary.

2LSPS.jpg

Oh, you can come out any time you like. :lenny:

2LSPU.jpg

MOM'S SPAGHETTI

Last edited:
To be honest

I'd rather have an excessively early confession than spending the whole season waiting for a damn confession (and getting none)
True, but I have a hard time believing anyone has feeling for anyone, since they know each other for like 3 days and had like 2 conversations.

A thought on confessions.
Or, specifically, Nanami's "I think I'm falling in love with you."

My friend has suggested--strongly--that this is a translation issue. He says that the Japanese is a lighter or more casual phrase that doesn't have a real equivalent in English, which is why we're reading it as very heavy but Yuu is more "I wonder what she meant by that."

He didn't get into much more detail than that, but I took his suggestion to mean something along the lines of ever-ambiguous "I like you," at least in terms of meaning. And that it was the feeling of the scenario and the way in which Nanami said it that has Yuu proclaiming she doesn't understand.

I don't know if this is the case, and I don't know if anyone here is Japanese-proficient enough to confirm one way or the others, but...I thought I'd throw it out there for consideration.

PiercingTalkativeKoala-size_restricted.gif

No, seriously, I literally
tenor.gif
-ed at this.

Back