Double Decker! Doug & Kirill

Well this is dumb. At least the comedy is good. And Kirill seems like a very good boy. The dynamics between the two main characters will be interesting to watch.

Can't say most of the show is that inspiring though, lol.

Kirill's clothes are awful, if he keeps using the same trash the whole series i'm going to hate this really soon
Kinda reminds me to uchuu senkan tiramisù, maybe the comedy style is similar, or maybe the awful animation?...

What a great date to start an anime btw, i'm enjoying this in sorta way

This is looking to be a lot goofier than expected, but that's alright since it was pretty funny.

Really liked how the visuals dive into a semi comic book style every now and then, it looks neat and adds a lot of personality to some of the scenes.

episode 1:

okay, this is not bad - i never watched tiger & bunny, but as a standalone, this fares pretty well, the characters seem like they could be cool, it looks pretty good, and the goofy action isn't too bad either; the narrator is extremely annoying, and the comedy is a hit and miss, but still, better than i expected

i still don't entirely feel like picking it up but if there is a shortage of good shows next season, i'm willing to watch this, and i'll also watch at least one more episode because i'm curious whether this will go in a good or bad direction

OOOO! This looks like a fun one. Kirill makes for a good cosplay char. Animation for the sets ain't bad. Another B&T? Oh, and by the way better than Ore or Back Street Girls. Ya all can do worse.

Okappa!

4108a73d9b7033c8.png

Just kills me!

Last edited:
Ep1:
It's a bit much "Look at how wacky and zany we are, look!", but it's not bad. Some jokes landed, the characters are charming and Kirill is kinda adorable.
Animation is solid, nice and colorful artstyle. Story is a bit try-hard and I don't know if it goes anywhere, but I was entertained.

Ep1:
It's a bit much "Look at how wacky and zany we are, look!", but it's not bad. Some jokes landed, the characters are charming and Kirill is kinda adorable.
Animation is solid, nice and colorful artstyle. Story is a bit try-hard and I don't know if it goes anywhere, but I was entertained.
I feel like that'll die down after the first few episodes. They need some kind of unique hook since it's an anime-original story, I guess?

That said, the narration is my style of humour, so I don't mind it.

At first I was all like "Oh, kinds kinda like AD Police" but then I'm reading the comments and I see nothing but loud and annoying characters. Does it look like it will hold up or just be sad jokes and puns?

I feel like that'll die down after the first few episodes. They need some kind of unique hook since it's an anime-original story, I guess?

That said, the narration is my style of humour, so I don't mind it.
I don't have a problem with it being over the top or being a zany action-comedy. My problem is that it indeed feels like it will die down in the next episodes and that it was without any purpose after all. This feels a bit like they ripped off TTGL, FLCL or Abenobashi but without understanding what the purpose of it is.

P.S. I recommend that you check out the first episode of this. It has
toned muscles and butts. It's Free with adults and marathons instead of swimming.

At first I was all like "Oh, kinds kinda like AD Police" but then I'm reading the comments and I see nothing but loud and annoying characters. Does it look like it will hold up or just be sad jokes and puns?
The characters so far are all loud, but not annoying.

I don't have a problem with it being over the top or being a zany action-comedy. My problem is that it indeed feels like it will die down in the next episodes and that it was without any purpose after all. This feels a bit like they ripped off TTGL, FLCL or Abenobashi but without understanding what the purpose of it is.

P.S. I recommend that you check out the first episode of this. It has
toned muscles and butts. It's Free with adults and marathons instead of swimming.
Yeah, I hope they pull something like "the narrator is actually a character introduced later in the series who tells the story of what happened to the protagonists" or some shit. I doubt it, though.

Also I will indeed look at that show. I was going to ignore it but you've piqued my interest...

The characters so far are all loud, but not annoying.
Doug isn't loud, he's just really fucking weird.

I'm not a fan of the the overuse of puns, jokes and unnecessary narrating. It was over-the-top. It takes away from how great this show could have been. It's hard to take anything seriously considering this is an anime about detectives.

I guess after the main character (whom I actually like) I was thinking this would be similar to the likes of another detective show "Bungo Stray Dogs". I see I was completely off base. Bungo Stray Dogs is silly with puns but it balances that with meaningful and serious overtones so it could be taken seriously.

I tried but I'm out on this one.....

Episode 3

Wasn't feeling it this episode.

Besides Kirill, I didn't care about anybody. I was interested in Doug during the first two eps because there were so many unanswered questions about him, but now it's boring since his character has barely developed and we still aren't close to learning anything about him. In fact, when Kirill kept throwing around "partner" so many times this episode I caught myself thinking "sweetie, you can do better than him". The lack of character chemistry between our two leads is starting to get a bit painful.

This episode also had some CGI issues--they kept switching from normal to CGI and back again for the character models in certain scenes and it was distracting. A couple times they even had CGI and normal characters in the same shot.

Probably still going to hang around for a couple more episodes though to see if they start shaking things up or not.

Painfully generic. Not funny. Action was meh. Characters were meh to annoying. No reason to keep watching.

I knew I would drop it once the "narrator" corrected the first narrator's claim about the story.

Also, talking above the "terrorist" guy like he can't hear... no.

Dropped. 1.0/5

Episode 6:

Update: Kirill is still cute.
Well, that was not the direction I was expecting them to take the "haha Kirill looks like a girl" jokes in.

Back