Today I learned (TIL)

Rascal

Gold Supporter
Have you ever been stupid? Have you ever gotten less stupid?
Did you ever want to share what made you less stupid on that same day?

Well with this new thread, you can. Share anything you learned today, and turn AP into a realm of wisdom and of knowledge.
--------
""If you ever stop learning, that's bad, you big ol' dickwaffle" - Plato"
-Aristotle​

Today I learned that lyrics to Avril Lavigne's 2002 hit Sk8er Boi were not in fact "smell you later boy" but were instead "see you later boy". Naturally I was shocked for a while, and I still find it problematic for many reasons even though the "new" lyrics enable a whole new re-interpretation of the masterpiece that is Sk8er Boi, but in the end I think it's just wasted potential.

Today I learned that lyrics to Avril Lavigne's 2002 hit Sk8er Boi were not in fact "smell you later boy" but were instead "see you later boy". Naturally I was shocked for a while, and I still find it problematic for many reasons even though the "new" lyrics enable a whole new re-interpretation of the masterpiece that is Sk8er Boi, but in the end I think it's just wasted potential.

See, it's stuff like this that gets Avril disowned by all the punk communities. She claimed to be punk, but she just couldn't fully commit to the lifestyle.

Today I learned that the A-P forum and lists have totally separate mechanisms for following and talking to each other... and I have yet to find any sort of notification for the comments on my list, and it's the same type as MAL where it's disjointed comments on each other's profiles. Sorry @MythicalTurkey and @lindapearl for never responding, I just noticed!

@lindapearl Thanks for welcoming me aboard, even if it took me two months to notice :sweat:

@MythicalTurkey I just saw Ononoki with shades and thought that was cool. By now I've figured out to just @ you instead of messing around with that leave a comment link XD

@sothis thrawn just called you a normie

Also thrawn is right, I shouldn't be a database mod.

I would be a great forum mod
:troll:

tenor.gif

@sothis did you know this @MythicalTurkey hoser is a snitch? And snitches get stitches? So if he doesn't show up to do his database duties, it's because he's got stitches for being a snitch.

TIL: The guy directing the new Predator movie (Shane Black) was in the original Predator as the nerdy guy.

Nice that the movie has that going for it. And unlike that pussy remake of Robocop, it's rated R.

Back