Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

It's shounen and in weekly shounen jump, but it could be edgy. Or another Black Clover.

Only thing in the Spring lineup that actually looks interesting. Hope it's at least decent

This is one of the series I look the most forward to. I would post the most recent preview, but is is laughably spoilery and I recommend you do not touch it.

The previews are kinda funny. Almost entirely focused on dramatic and serious scenes, while not showing off even a single scene with the lovable "chibi" style that permeates the series. I guess they're afraid that would scare people off.
chebe.png

I wonder how this adaptation will be structured considering how the manga is currently in its final arc, and not Bleach-standard final arc either. Are they gonna do the whole thing?

Last edited:
Oh, an actual competent trailer that doesn't spoil everything? Neat.
It's for a "movie", but it's just the first 5 episodes smashed together.

More casting revealed. It's only characters that will be in the movie, though. Kinda funny how only one character appearing first outside the scope of the movie has been revealed. This anime seems to have pretty great casting so far.

Okamoto being almost perfectly cast, I see. Yeah he's kinda being typecast, but I vividly remember the weird time period where he was seemingly cast as nothing but soft-voiced wussy guys, and this is far more preferable. Great character anyways, though I don't know how far the anime will go this season.

Reactions: Zed
This is one of the series I look the most forward to. I would post the most recent preview, but is is laughably spoilery and I recommend you do not touch it.

The previews are kinda funny. Almost entirely focused on dramatic and serious scenes, while not showing off even a single scene with the lovable "chibi" style that permeates the series. I guess they're afraid that would scare people off.
chebe.png

I wonder how this adaptation will be structured considering how the manga is currently in its final arc, and not Bleach-standard final arc either. Are they gonna do the whole thing?

1. I'll trust BB on this.

I'm glad it's not going to be 5 years of crap followed by a cuck ass-pull ending.

But if it goes beyond 1 course then I can see it going to the end, so long as it doesn't do it's own thing if it somehow catches up before the show ends.

Only like 16 hours left until it airs now. There's a newer trailer, but it's mostly just the same stuff being shown.

Went to the earlier premier and saw the first 5 episodes. It's really quite impressive and the artstyle is absolutely beautiful. Soundtrack, animation, VAs are all top notch too. There's also this really cool thing they do with the camera and perspectives that gives it a three-dimensional kind of feeling I don't think anything else I've watched has had. There's quite a bit of CG required to achieve that, but I think it's all worth it. The actual characters are only in CG in for shot cuts during long shots when there's not much going on, so it's not really a problem.

Episode 1

IT’S FINALLY HERE! 2019 is officially the year of Shōnen Jump!!!

I am shook by the first episode. I’m glad the art stays true to the manga with the expressive strokes and the colour vibrancy. The OST sounded grand and the animation was superbly done thanks to the animation Gods, uFotable. I love the breathing effects oooof

01:

This was awesome. I am a sucker for well-executed shounen and this my friends, this is really well executed shounen.

This was a lot bloodier than I thought it was going to be and the way they pretty much captured the tragedy/tenseness of the situation with the music, and direction. Everything about the atmosphere was spot-on. It's a very classic setup and I'm honestly looking forward to watching more.

This was a lot bloodier than I thought it was going to be and the way they pretty much captured the tragedy/tenseness of the situation with the music, and direction. Everything about the atmosphere was spot-on.
I think the knowledge that they basically had Attack on Titan slip between their fingers has caused a bit of reform on their standards of graphic violence and oppressive/tragic atmosphere. Despite its oppressive and scary setting it was still super popular with very young kids and late teens alike. Even My Hero Academia has seemingly gotten the go-ahead to do more graphic depictions of gore and violence in recent years(thanks Shigaraki), and then we've got stuff like The Promised Neverland and Chainsaw Man, the latter literally being one of the bloodiest things WSJ has ever published. They're embracing how most of their audience is around 16 on average.

01:

This was awesome. I am a sucker for well-executed shounen and this my friends, this is really well executed shounen.

This was a lot bloodier than I thought it was going to be and the way they pretty much captured the tragedy/tenseness of the situation with the music, and direction. Everything about the atmosphere was spot-on. It's a very classic setup and I'm honestly looking forward to watching more.
Absolutely agree! This first episode was beautifully drawn and executed with what could be an amazing story to come! Can't wait to see more, hope the story doesn't go bland in spots like Shield Hero did after about 2-3 episodes.

Episode 1:

You know watching Ultraman gave me some perspective on this one. On the one haad this is pretty standard dark shounen with excellent production values. On the other this is excellent dark shounen that answers the central conflict better than the majority of 13 episodes of Ultraman. This isn't perfect, but it's more nuanced than most anime in the genre after just 1 episode. The excellent production values are enough to get me to overlook the flaws to for long enough to give it a few more episodes to see where it is going.

Overall, an impressive first episode.

Episode 1:

You know watching Ultraman gave me some perspective on this one. On the one had this is pretty standard dark shounen with excellent production values. On the other this is excellent dark shounen that answers the central conflict better than the majority of 13 episodes of Ultraman. This isn't perfect, but it'a more nuanced than most anime in the genre after just 1 episode. The excellent production values are enough to get me to overlook the flaws to for long enough to give it a few more episodes to see where it is going.

Overall, an impressive first episode.

Yeah it has a certain melodrama to it, but honestly I'm just eating that stuff up right away. Dark shounens seem to be my new fetish these days after the promised never land. It reminds me of the days of older 80s shounen when they were pretty loose about content restrictions.

Last edited:
Back