Dororo (2019)

I remember reading the manga a while back. It'll be nice seeing the story get the full anime adaption. Dororo feels like one of Tezuka's under rated works and the story feels unique.
I agree. I watched the anime and it was visibly cut short at some places due to bad ratings at the time, so I'll be happy if it gets the 26-episodes adaption it actually deserves.
Somehow the OP stuck into my head for days, too.

I agree. I watched the anime and it was visibly cut short at some places due to bad ratings at the time, so I'll be happy if it gets the 26-episodes adaption it actually deserves.
Somehow the OP stuck into my head for days, too.

This kind of makes me want to see what 60's anime was like and I'm pretty curious, because I've done 70s anime, but 60s? Not a single one of those really. Looks pretty interesting, and Tezuka, was an incredibly influential man.

This kind of makes me want to see what 60's anime was like and I'm pretty curious, because I've done 70s anime, but 60s? Not a single one of those really. Looks pretty interesting, and Tezuka, was an incredibly influential man.
I've tried some 60s shows and have some more on my Want to Watch, but it was a real mixed bag so far.The janky animation slows down everything a bit. There's a lot of staring in silence to save on some animation and to give time for synchronization. If you want to try to dip a toe into 60s-shows, then maybe try one of these: Dororo, Sabu to Ichi Torimono Hikae, Astro Boy, Wanpaku Ouji no Orochi Taiji, GeGeGe no Kitarou, Princess Knight, Perman, Adventures of Horus: Prince of the Sun, or Sasuke are all a bit faster paced or have higher production qualities. Everything with Tezuka's name slapped on it is usually a safe bet to at least try.

But so far I had the best time with Dororo.

(Someday when we get proper statistics here on AP, I'll know which is my favorite decade. One day.)

New trailer just dropped, it's looking pretty nice! I love the new character designs and the action is good, can't wait for January.

Ep1:
Yay, the thing I was hyped for doesn't suck!

It's quite good. The animation is fluid and well done. The artstyle stayed faithful to the original, but has a nice modern touch. The action was good, too. I liked the story of the original, and since this is a remake I like this, too. They upped the gore and violence a bit. In the original they didn't show the mutilated baby this way, or maybe it's just the added color that makes it more graphic.
Hyakkimaru will get more expressive when he gets more body parts to express with, so don't worry. Dororo is a spunky little brat, but not annoyingly so.

Although I have to get used to the soft Pop/Hip-Hop OP and ED, I like how stylized it is. Quite a few notches to the original ones in there.

Ep. 1,
I'm impressed with the pacing of the first episode, although I suspect we'll see how Hyakkimaru got his artificial limbs later on. I've forgotten how much of a cute spunky kid Dororo is. This is definitely going to be bloodier than the manga. Hype train leaving the station!

Episode 1:

so far i like this quite a bit, this sort of grimdarkness is usually not my kinda thing but here it's rather well done with a ton of polish; also really cool OP

the judge is still out on whether this can keep me watching, but fingers crossed

Back