Summer 2018 Anime Challenge discussion thread

Happy Sugar Life - Adequate?
Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria - I don't know.
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu - Absolute perfection.
Island - Like landing face first on a dude's naked crotch.
Lord of Vermillion: Guren no Ou - The sister one? Alright alright alright.
Shichisei no Subaru So edgy it cut my eyes.
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san - The onsen one? Dumb ass shit.
Satsuriku no Tenshi - If this is the Anohana x Sword Fighter thing, then it can go to hell.

Satsuriku no Tenshi - If this is the Anohana x Sword Fighter thing, then it can go to hell.
I think you mistook Satsuriku no Tenshi with Shichisei no Subaru
One is about a dead girl trapped in a video game (SnS)
The other one is about a blonde loli and a psychopath bandaged who uses a scythe as weapon, they have to go through floors to escape from a building where every person there has to kill both of them(? (SNT)

...Is the isekai one supposed to be a joke?

I think you mistook Satsuriku no Tenshi with Shichisei no Subaru
One is about a dead girl trapped in a video game (SnS)
The other one is about a blonde loli and a psychopath bandaged who uses a scythe as weapon, they have to go through floors to escape from a building where every person there has to kill both of them(? (SNT)

...Is the isekai one supposed to be a joke?
I always forget which two those are, and the third one.

Dead serious, Demon Lord Isekai is pure genius compared to the shitstorm that is the rest of that list.

Happy Sugar Life - Adequate?
Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria - I don't know.
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu - Absolute perfection.
Island - Like landing face first on a dude's naked crotch.
Lord of Vermillion: Guren no Ou - The sister one? Alright alright alright.
Shichisei no Subaru So edgy it cut my eyes.
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san - The onsen one? Dumb ass shit.
I don't think I've seen any of those, although I plan to watch Calamity of a Zombie Girl, despite how bad people have been saying it is.

I don't think I've seen any of those, although I plan to watch Calamity of a Zombie Girl, despite how bad people have been saying it is.
To sum up: Demon one is the tits, everything else is shit.

Calamity can't be that bad and it can certainly be worse, is what I would have said before I looked it up and saw that I seen it, and remembered that it actually is shit.

I haven't started many shows this season, but from the ones I did there were quite a few unexpected pleasant surprises in between them, there is nothing mind blowing, but they're mostly entertaining.

Good to okay shit
Titties: probably the greatest surprise of them all.
Planet With: random as hell but otherwise capable of holding my interest for 20 mins every week.
Cells at Work: I gotta give it to the show, if it makes me think children are cute, then it's doing something absolutely right.
Angels of Death: rather than good, I find it to be hammy entertainment. I'm also a fan of the RPG horror game style so that's a bonus point from me.
Working Buddies: Just because cats.
Banana Fish: it's a set up that I've seen quite a few times before, but still rather entertaining, and like ZK said before it lacks an identity.
Mongols: not as violent as I was hoping it would be, but still rather good. First episode didn't leave a huge impression on me, but I'm still looking forward for more.
Black Censors: If Attack on Titan was actually a diving manga.

Bad shit
Island: it's so goddamn typical VN adaption that I feel like they mass produce them in a factory.
Dead Inside: I had forgotten how funny the show was, this was a good reminder.
Happy Sugar bull: having a lesbian doesn't make pedophilia okay.
Seven Senses Yadda Yadda: this is 'couldn't even finish the first ep' level of bad.
Calamity of a horror movie: it takes Gonzo 6 years to make a below average typical shitty horror movie.

Carrying over:
Loli Ninja feat. Nobunaga: prolly the best of the 3 seasons so far
Captain Tsubasa: when nostalgia stabs, it stabs deep and hard.
Autistic Screeching: at this point I don't even care anymore, it's not as painful as it's just painfully mediocre.
Boy, don't you just love how optimistic I was, I was so young and pure. Right now I hate everything but Planet With and Grand Blue and I wish this terrible season would end already so that I can be free from airing anime for a season or so.

-Angels of Death (RPGM games are my drugs! i would rather prefer kirisame getting adapted though, love the ED)
If we can learn something from this one and Ao Oni adaptions, it's that those games don't work in animated format. (Though in the case of Ao Oni it's that the adaption is more god awful than anything else).

Definitely watching:
Free! S3
SNK S3
Banana Fish
Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai! 2
Yarichin Bitch-bu (if it gets subbed anytime soon)

Very likely watching:
Grand Blue
Hanebado!

Might watch:
Harukana Receive
Back Street Girls
and anything else that'll get good first impressions

Everything I'm watching this season is mediocre and I have to force myself into watching it (yes, even swimming homos). Pretty much the only decent show is Lupin.
Let's see...

The good:
Grand Blue (don't you judge me!)
Lupin

The not as bad as it should have been by all accounts:
How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord

The boring:
Banana Fish (dropped)
Harukana Receive (dropped)

The rip off that's not all that bad, but I'm still not into it:
Cells at Work! (dropped)

The bad that's so bad everyone died:
Hanebado!
Free! S3 (dropped)

What i Plan to Watch for the Summer:
The High Expectations:
Grand Blue (Its gonna make me giggle)
Overlord III (Decent)

The Want to watch:
How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord (Heh this got an anime)
Back Street Girls (GENDER BENDERRRR)
The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar (What)
Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs (Saves me reading the manga)
Jashin-chan Dropkick (The title seduced me with my dropkick fetish)

Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2 (Gintama)

The :lenny::
Harukana Receive (Volleyball never looked so good before)
Joshiochi! 2-kai kara Onna no Ko ga... Kudattekita (Hentai)

The why not..:
Island (Meh)
Castlevania Season 2 (Guess i will)
Shichisei no Subaru (What was this again)
Sunoharasou no Kanrinin-san (Probably a waste of time)
Aru Zombie Shoujo no Sainan (Zombies?)

The might aswell watch:
Ani ni Tsukeru Kusuri wa Nai! 2 (Intense Meh)
One Room 2nd Season (More time wasting)
Attack on Titan 3rd Season (Time wasting x1000)

The Stuff because im high:
Sword Gay: The Animation Part II (I want to die)
+ 1 Lottery Pick.

My update:
1 Lottery pick turned into all of them thanks to a canadian and a Zed. Im basically bored of everything that isn't Isekai, Boobs, or Grand Blue or a mixture of the first two. Minus the Master of Ragnarok Isekai, which makes me hope ragnarok actually happens.

Lottery pick turned into all of them thanks to a canadian and a Zed.
You guys are the best worst degenerates I've hung out with since forever, so as a precaution I plan on putting both of you on the ignore list when the fall thread is made and until all the picks have been handed out to avoid repeating this seasons disaster.

After all, just like I always say:
2RmKbAD.png

Whatever that means.

My update:
1 Lottery pick turned into all of them thanks to a canadian and a Zed. Im basically bored of everything that isn't Isekai, Boobs, or Grand Blue or a mixture of the first two. Minus the Master of Ragnarok Isekai, which makes me hope ragnarok actually happens.

That Canadian must be one sexy dude of exquisite taste and of such wholesome deviancy as to help bring others down to his and Zed's level, who must also be a bastion of culture.

You guys are the best worst degenerates I've hung out with since forever, so as a precaution I plan on putting both of you on the ignore list when the fall thread is made and until all the picks have been handed out to avoid repeating this seasons disaster.

After all, just like I always say:
2RmKbAD.png

Whatever that means.
AKEB.gif

Reactions: Zed
Back