Shows I Have High Expectations for and Will Most Likely End Up Watching
Banana Fish
Oshie to Tabi Suru Otoko
Happy Sugar Watch

Shows I'm Cautiously Optimistic About And Might Watch
Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes
Back Street Girls
Satsuriku no Tenshi

Shows I'm On the Fence About But Will Probably End Up Watching via Peer Pressure
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro
Shichisei no Subaru
Grand Blue
Island
Mecha-Ude
Sunoharasou no Kanrinin-san
Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation
Asobi Asobase
Hi Score Girl
Flavors of Youth
Yakusoku no Nanaya Matsuri
Neko Kikaku

Summer challenge, oh yeah!
Went through the whole list and surprisingly didn't find that many interesting series to watch.

Going with at least the following:
-Overlord III
-Happy Sugar Life
-Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai: Mutsukabezake
-Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa
-Castlevania Season 2
-Banana Fish
-Attack on Titan 3rd Season

That's 7/8 needed for the level 3 dango...
So not gonna watch Sword Gai 2 or B: The Beginning 2, but I have a feeling I end up watching both.

the users only mark watched watched watched so that they are first in the leaderboard. I think it is better to remove that board and give us a badge to complete it, maybe they will be more honest.

Hanebado!
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu
Satsuriku no Tenshi
Banana Fish
Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3
Hataraku Saibou
Grand Blue
Tsukumogami Kashimasu

There is definitely less shows this season then last that looked interesting.... but still looking forward to these 8 shows!

I haven't started many shows this season, but from the ones I did there were quite a few unexpected pleasant surprises in between them, there is nothing mind blowing, but they're mostly entertaining.

Good to okay shit
Titties: probably the greatest surprise of them all.
Planet With: random as hell but otherwise capable of holding my interest for 20 mins every week.
Cells at Work: I gotta give it to the show, if it makes me think children are cute, then it's doing something absolutely right.
Angels of Death: rather than good, I find it to be hammy entertainment. I'm also a fan of the RPG horror game style so that's a bonus point from me.
Working Buddies: Just because cats.
Banana Fish: it's a set up that I've seen quite a few times before, but still rather entertaining, and like ZK said before it lacks an identity.
Mongols: not as violent as I was hoping it would be, but still rather good. First episode didn't leave a huge impression on me, but I'm still looking forward for more.
Black Censors: If Attack on Titan was actually a diving manga.

Bad shit
Island: it's so goddamn typical VN adaption that I feel like they mass produce them in a factory.
Dead Inside: I had forgotten how funny the show was, this was a good reminder.
Happy Sugar bull: having a lesbian doesn't make pedophilia okay.
Seven Senses Yadda Yadda: this is 'couldn't even finish the first ep' level of bad.
Calamity of a horror movie: it takes Gonzo 6 years to make a below average typical shitty horror movie.

Carrying over:
Loli Ninja feat. Nobunaga: prolly the best of the 3 seasons so far
Captain Tsubasa: when nostalgia stabs, it stabs deep and hard.
Autistic Screeching: at this point I don't even care anymore, it's not as painful as it's just painfully mediocre.

Some shows that have left a highly good impression on me:

Cells at work - Most fun show of the season
Mongolz - Most badass show of the season
Planet with - Most weird show of the season and certainly better than cuck in the franxx, Mmmmmmmmmmm, my biased fan girling knows no bounds. I've been waiting for a Mizukami anime for fucking years.

Hanebado - Yeah I actually liked this quite a bit, angst and all, come the FUCK AT ME BRO
Banana Fish - Also, come THE FUCK AT ME BRO AGAIN, but I do admit it's a little tropey

Cells at work, and mongolz, are pretty much tied for my favorite first episode this season.

Disappointments:

Comedy shows mainly, the Chio-chan adaptation honestly deserved a way better studio to bring out the humor, for it and the narrator, in the Tonegawa show, can choke on a bag of rusty nails.

Dark Horse - Asobi Asobase, actually the funniest comedy, I've watched out of all them

Last edited:
Going with at least the following:
-Overlord III
-Happy Sugar Life
-Kishibe Rohan wa Ugokanai: Mutsukabezake
-Chuukan Kanriroku Tonegawa
-Castlevania Season 2
-Banana Fish
-Attack on Titan 3rd Season

So Castlevania, Rohan OVA, Happy Sugar Life and Attack on Titan were postponed? Talk about unlucky, now I have to find some new series to watch.
Well, I already started How Not to Summon a Demon Lord and Angels of Death and I'm going to watch Seven Senses of the Re'Union.
With those I'm still missing 2 anime for that delicious level 3 dango.

well im not really sure how this works to be honest cause im not going to mark a show that i have watched it until im done watching all of them but also i have also only so far picked or noticed / saw shows im actually interested in that seem like id enjoy them.

right now i got the island , and the angel of death.

so like i said not really sure how the challenge works but these are anime shows slowly releasing episodes but sofar im keeping up to date with the two of them as best i can between watching other shows. ill have to come back later and look at other shows on the list id like to watch as well as keeping up with the ones i already got.

anyhow i probably should read into this better?! haha im kinda slow and just catching on.

i tried to get in the winter challange and just kinda sat out the spring one i think, but ill give this summer one a shot.

who knows maybe ill go back and give attack on titan a chance and catchup to season 3

Full Metal Panic IV
Steinsgate 0
-are they continuing this season?

Detective Conan

Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi
Banana Fish
Sirius the Jaeger
Kyoto Sanjou Holmes
AoT S3

Dropped:
Satsuriku Tenshi
Grandblue
Island
Tonegawa
Lord of Vermillion
Seven senses of reunion

Last edited:
I still need to start a couple shows in Shoujo Revue, Angolmois, and Sirius. Other than that I have a few I like.
Cells at Work, Asobi Asobase are probably my favourite so far. Ani ni Tsukeru has been nice as well, and Hanbado isn't too shabby either.
I'm still lukewarm on Banana Fish. It hasn't really hooked me yet. Chio chan had a better 2nd and 3rd episode, and it's funny. But it feels a tad lacking in its animation. If anything though it enticed me to read more of the manga, and I have gone from 6 chapters read to 15.
Happy Sugar Life is a bit silly with it's characters that I can't take it seriously at all. Probably the point though.
Angels of Death is least on my list. It's premise is alright, but I can't get past that awful voice. It really takes me out of the show.

What's that? The best show of the season is Cells at Work?

Yes. I mean, it definitely isn't "the best" in any other category besides SUMMER 2018 because it's rather just ok BUT it is technically the best for me of the ones i've seen so I might as well give it a shoutout for being not disappointing in any way.

And for david production making it so they I make it into a jojo reference.
hmkzn0G.png

Banana fish has already disappointed me. I don't really want to talk about it. I'll be in my room downing copious amounts of alcohol if you need me, whimpering banana fish and drooling into my pillow.

Last edited:
Back