Shows carried by a single character

To be fair there were vag jokes two. Most anime guys fall into boobs. Tusk one upped them all by constantly falling mouth first into her snatch. Might as well rename it Cunnilingus Ange.

Easily the worst anime of its year.
I'd go with "Cunt Ange" for that sweet double entendre.

Being real here for a sec, Cross Ange was the type of show that leaned too far into it's own stupidity to get too pissed over. Need I remind you of the amazing frying pan escape trick?

I'd go with "Cunt Ange" for that sweet double entendre.

Being real here for a sec, Cross Ange was the type of show that leaned too far into it's own stupidity to get too pissed over. Need I remind you of the amazing frying pan escape trick?
To be fair, I think the confused mood also counted against it, you had the frying pan incident which is obvious silliness, but then itbtried to get all serious too with Hilda's backstory, and anytime Foetus was on screen.

To be fair, I think the confused mood also counted against it, you had the frying pan incident which is obvious silliness, but then itbtried to get all serious too with Hilda's backstory, and anytime Foetus was on screen.

Totally forgot that they named the villain Fetus. It was not a subtle show, was it?

MD Geist was totally carried by the Geist Wakamoto. He was the ultimate 80s action hero with the voice of a golden god. It's no wonder he needed Ray Ban sunglasses otherwise he would have been blinded by his own brilliant. Geist is a short OVA and most of it is reserved for Geist killing things or splodin' things so there's nothing to any of the other characters and the plot is bare bones. Enjoyment of the OVA pretty comes down to how cool you think Geist is as he murders the shit out of the everything while stuff explodes in the background.

This might be a wrong way to do it, and by no means would any of the mentioned anime be horrible, or have a bad cast of characters without the main one, but I simply enjoyed MC's in these that they were the main reason for watching.

- Devil May Cry - Dante
- Hellsing Ultimate - Alucard
- Attack on Titan - Levi

Looks like the only character in Ongaku Shoujo that I'll like is Hiyo, everyone else is either super generic or really fucking annoying. Shupe's okay too if only because she's at least somewhat original.

Buuuuuuuumping this thread from the graaaaaaave. (Quite fitting since it's near halloween)

But Vampire dad from Tokimeki Tonight deserves his own spin-off. He was such a joy of goofballness, compared to everyone else mostly sucking ass.

This is looking to be the case with me and DakiIchi, where I only give a shit about Takato. Azumaya can get hit by a bus.

But Vampire dad from Tokimeki Tonight deserves his own spin-off. He was such a joy of goofballness, compared to everyone else mostly sucking ass.

A pity he wasn't good enough/didn't have enough screentime to save the show

Shows carried by a single character? oof... Remove the following characters from the show they were in and it would have been a shitty watch.

Guilty Crown, Inori Yuzuriha
Darling in the Franxx, ZeroTwo
Okami-san & Her Seven Companions, Ryouko Ookami
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, Takagi.. although that's really a 2 character cast but boy is she amazing.

There are plenty more but I feel that these are some of the most outstanding characters that literally carried a show.

Bleach
When Kubo Tite stopped giving a fuck about the series, the whole thing became The Ichigo Show. Nothing important happened until he showed up, all his other friends only existed to get beaten up to make him look good, and all the power-ups from all of the mystical races went to his ass. Standard shonen fare, in other words.

As we're nearing December, I'm reminded of my secret Santa shows from last year. Which reminded me of...

Silvia.
silvia-silkcut-101989.jpg

This adorable little bugger was the primary reason I didn't go insane after 9 episodes of HybridxHearts. Only likable character in the whole flipping cast. Made the entire situation an iota less miserable when she appeared.

Back