To Be Heroine

Episode 1 - Thus far nothing to do with To Be Hero

Reminds me of games and shows that are "sequels", but the only thing they have in common with their previous installments is the name, for brand recognition and nothing more.

Episode 1:

This was goofy, crude and energetic. The crude humor will be a turn off for a lot of people, but it suits my immature side so far. I liked this more than the first episode of toilet dad and I'm glad the two have nothing in common because Toilet Hero sucked. This episode wasn't great or anything, but the action was decent and the fast paced humor kept me from getting bored.

Episode 3:

I think I'm starting to get into this one. I was unsure after the first couple of episodes, but the duel world story here seems to have a purpose. I think the other world is actually the main chick's way of working out real world trauma by going to this colorful crazy world. While the first episode was light hearted, the second episode and especially the third episode start to hint at much darker things going on in the real world. I'm actually quite intrigued by all the parallels between the two worlds. There's a lot of symbolism and metaphor to pick through.

Of course there's a lot of mystery remaining and with this kind of show you're never going to know if it's crap or not until you start getting more concrete answers to the mysteries, but even if it does turn out to be crap it'll at least be more interesting than To Be Hero's brand of shit comedy and half assed attempts at feels.

Also everyone should watch episode three just because the teacher's voice acting is the most hilarious thing I've heard this season.

Episode 7:

This is the kind of show I want to see more of. It didn't drag its story out, but finished it up in a neat seven episodes with no filler or bullshit. It had some metaphorical elements that gave it a surreal feeling, but they paired with a concrete story that makes it feel very accessible once you figure out what is going on.

The last episode was fantastic tying up all the plot lines and offering one gonzo action scene with some delicious animation.

Overall, this was the hidden gem of spring and more people should watch it. 8 out of 10

Is it necessary to watch "To be Hero" first to fully comprehend the plot of this one?
Side characters from the first carry over into hear but it's not a big deal. You can take or leave the prequel. The gross out in it was a massive turn-off for me, which is a shame since the series had a good deal of effort put into the animation and direction.

This new series is pretty much an entirely different beast.

Nope, this is ENTIRELY, it's own separate thing in every way. Absolutely no connection at all. The only thing they have in common really, is the title, other than that, totally different show.

Side characters from the first carry over into hear but it's not a big deal. You can take or leave the prequel. The gross out in it was a massive turn-off for me, which is a shame since the series had a good deal of effort put into the animation and direction.

This new series is pretty much an entirely different beast.

Thank guys! I guess I'll give this one a go one of these days

Damn, this ended up being one of my favorite shows this year so far. Because I didn't expect a gripping coming-of-age drama with mystery and psychological themes. It also had some unexpected dark moments.

I wholeheartedly recommend watching this.

Back