Top navigation design upgrades, and sticky search context

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
We've launched some small QOL improvements to the top navigation:

• A design update - better padding in the dropdowns, a more consistent shadow effect, rounded corners.

• Reordered/changed links in the logged-in user dropdown.

• Added a top "Profile" link in the logged-in dropdown, so that you can get to your profile homepage more easily from mobile.

• Updated some of the forum header styles to make them match the rest of the site finally.

• Removed username (for both privacy and design reasons) and bumped up the avatar size when logged in. Your username still appears when you hover on your avatar.

• Made search context sticky. This has been asked for for awhile. So if you're in the manga section of the site, the dropdown type will default to manga, and similarly for characters, people, and anime. We're working on a global search that will replace all of this in the future.

Can you be more specific?

Well you know how whenever you get a notification and it appears right next to your username in the forum section? Well, it's no longer showing the drop down. I'm on mobile so I don't know if that is one of the reasons why

Well you know how whenever you get a notification and it appears right next to your username in the forum section? Well, it's no longer showing the drop down. I'm on mobile so I don't know if that is one of the reasons why

I try to click on my username to look at the notifications but nothing happens

That isn't a part of this update - we only changed the top of site navigation (the purple bar). Is anyone else having this forum nav problem in mobile?

What's going to happen to the IRC room on Rizon? I see betholas and the other ops are still there

EDIT: You just hiding it in light of that banned user who was using A-P to access other channels on Rizon?

Last edited:
Still a thing, but Discord is a newer platform and is the main chat for A-P. The IRC chat is still listed in the footer.

Yep, always was more an IRC person, but I've been using Discord a lot more lately since I set up my own server, and enjoy how much easier it is to post a video or picture.

Im not to sure about having the discord in the logged in drop down list. Its not something people need a link to more then once. Even if they did, the community tab makes much more sense, and its also in the footer. It just gets in the way having it there a third time, and makes you have to travel further to get to settings or logout. The rest of this update I very much like

Im not to sure about having the discord in the logged in drop down list. Its not something people need a link to more then once. Even if they did, the community tab makes much more sense, and its also in the footer. It just gets in the way having it there a third time, and makes you have to travel further to get to settings or logout. The rest of this update I very much like

We've had a massive, massive, massive amount of new folks in the Discord since adding it to the headers. Pretty much across the board none of them noticed it in the footer. So, it's been pretty wildly successful having it up there

We've had a massive, massive, massive amount of new folks in the Discord since adding it to the headers. Pretty much across the board none of them noticed it in the footer. So, it's been pretty wildly successful having it up there
If by header, you mean community, thats fine, I strongly like it there, I just dont like it being under the logged in drop down.

Thanks for the update, team! I'd be interested in learning the reasoning behind removing the Feed in the profile menu dropdown. That was actually something I used daily and was sad to see it vanish. It would be cool to be able to personally customize what we want there in the future.

Back