Vinland Saga

This actually sounds pretty kick ass. Wit is the right studio to handle this unique setting and subject matter. This could be something special if it really gets into Viking culture and breaks free of most anime/manga stereotypes.

This actually sounds pretty kick ass. Wit is the right studio to handle this unique setting and subject matter. This could be something special if it really gets into Viking culture and breaks free of most anime/manga stereotypes.
Well there's no horned helmets.
What I look forward to seeing is how they deal with the first couple of chapters' events.
The manga started out as a shounen and then was transferred to a seinen magazine. And it is quite...
3wItPIj.jpg

visible.
There's also at least one character in the first chapter that's literally not even designed as a human. I'm assuming they'll change that guy's, even if he is a minor character never seen again.

His hair has an obvious excuse for being like that due to the headband, though. That's more than most anime/manga give of justification.

That is seriously impossible. This is fucking WIT we're talking about here.
Don't use logic with me. I must set My expectation low so I cannot be disappointed. :pokerface:
Seriously this could be amazing or dog shit depending on the how many fucks the studio gives.

Yeah, when has WIT ever made a crappy anime?

The fact that it's about vampires and I still dont remember anything from the two seasons I've watched really does count for something. Kabaneri turned sour after a good first half (imo, not counting that it was an obvious try to rehash AoT), but at least it looked fucking amazing.

But they adapted the source material. So it is their fault.
And? Read your own sentence back to yourself a couple times and think about what you're actually saying there.
What's your favorite band? Are they suddenly a shitty band if they played a cover of someone else's terrible song, making no significant changes to how the song is composed and written? Of course not, that's completely ass backwards. They're a good band that played a bad song in that case.
They could have made it a bad adaptation, but I've not heard many claim it is.
A bad anime and a bad anime adaptation often go hand in hand, but they aren't the same thing since an adaptation can only do so much to make the source material shine. If the source material is bad, the anime will ultimately be bad as well when it remains loyal to the source material. But then it can still be a good adaptation.

Wit could have spent its entire existence making good adaptations of shitty shows and your point would essentially still be completely backwards.

Back