Favourite Video Game of 2017

CJack

What was your favourite game of this year.

Mine would have to be Tekken 7. It had it's fair share of problems and lacks content in certain areas, However it's overall fighting gameplay experience for me is fantastic, just love learning new fighters and playing online.

Other one's that came close were, Crash N'sane trilogy and Cuphead. I'm thinking Persona 5 may be popular on here.

It's breath of the wild of course.

We're going to circle jerk this till death.
tenor.gif

let the circlejerk begin!

I can join in for once on this ...er... jerk. BOTW was absolutely brilliant. (Also thanks for reminding me the new DLC is out and I still haven't played it. :laugh: )

Slime Rancher was pretty rad, too. Not sure if it's GOTY material, but it's a super cute time sink all the same.

I can join in for once on this ...er... jerk. BOTW was absolutely brilliant. (Also thanks for reminding me the new DLC is out and I still haven't played it. :laugh: )

Slime Rancher was pretty rad, too. Not sure if it's GOTY material, but it's a super cute time sink all the same.
You're gonna love the DLC dude. Some of the best I've ever seen in anything.

B R E A T H O F T H E W I L D

It's the closest a game has ever come to perfection for me.

BOTW definitely. It's a game I could see myself keep coming back to again and again.

Ys VIII comes a close second.

To break that Nintendo circle jerk, it's Nioh for me. It was a blast to play. Gods I loved it to bits despite drowning in that ungodly amount of loot that kept driving me insane.

Persona 5 and Crash remake are up there, too. Enjoyed them a lot.

I'll put it as a tie between:
Zelda / Danganronpa V3 / Super Mario Odyssey. None were perfect to give much of an edge, but definitely best this year from what I played.

There was another candidate this year that could have rivaled Zelda IMO, which was Xenoblade 2, but with confidence I'd say that it will not be making anyone's list.

No mention of Nier: Automata....

Nier: Automata. It was experimental, had great combat, a wonderful plot, robot ass, and made me cry. Wasn't perfect but I appreciatea game that is trying to be something different.

I need to play BOTW and Odyssey before I can pass judgment on either. Second pick would probably be Tekken 7 as far as hours clocked playing it.

Either Danganronpa V3 or Breath of the Wild for me, I guess. One was arguably the best instalment in a visual novel franchise I've been a big fan of for a while, and the other is an amazing open world experience and among my Top 3 Zelda games.

Xeno 2 could have had a go at it as far as I'm concerned, but due to time constraints I've barely scratched the surface just yet - only about 13 hours of gameplay. It's looking increasingly good now that I'm way past the beginning sections, though.

Also, I wish I had a way to play Nier, but alas...

It's a tie between Nioh and Persona 5 for me. I haven't finished either of them yet (Nioh is pretty much kicking my ass at this point), but I definitely played these two the most this year and their gameplay and overall style are just awesome. There's also that acid jazzy P5 soundtrack...

Honorable mentions: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Okami HD (only because I haven't bought it yet)

To break that Nintendo circle jerk, it's Nioh for me. It was a blast to play. Gods I loved it to bits despite drowning in that ungodly amount of loot that kept driving me insane.

Persona 5 and Crash remake are up there, too. Enjoyed them a lot.

Nioh that's an interesting one, good game, but i just can't help compare it to dark souls.

No mention of Nier: Automata....

Nier: Automata. It was experimental, had great combat, a wonderful plot, robot ass, and made me cry. Wasn't perfect but I appreciatea game that is trying to be something different.

I need to play BOTW and Odyssey before I can pass judgment on either. Second pick would probably be Tekken 7 as far as hours clocked playing it.

Tekken player, who do you main?

Tekken player, who do you main?

I started with Lili but she's not a really accessible character for a beginner. I spend most of my time playing Josie. She's adorable and she's a kickboxer. Watching an adorable moeblob Tony Jaa-style knee drop someone is the most satisfying thing on the planet.

Nioh that's an interesting one, good game, but i just can't help compare it to dark souls.
I don't find them all that similar. Nioh took the core combat mechanics of Dark Souls and Bloodborne and made it into its own thing with a completely different feel to it.

I don't find them all that similar. Nioh took the core combat mechanics of Dark Souls and Bloodborne and made it into its own thing with a completely different feel to it.

I bought Nioh. I couldn't even beat the first Oni boss on the ship. My ability at those type of games is so lacking its laughable. I have quite a bit of respect for people who can tackle Dark Souls and Nioh and such and do as well with them as they do. I'm too much of a weenie for it.

Back