Attack on Titan 3rd Season

After reading about the poor sales of the second season this announcement coming so soon on the heels of the second season finale was a pleasant surprise. I doubt we're going to get more than a single cour again, but I'll be happy as long as the quality remains high, even if the upcoming arc isn't my favorite.

This is quite a good surprise, though I hope next season doesn't reach the politics bits (I haven't read the manga but I heard that part is quite mediocre)

After reading about the poor sales of the second season this announcement coming so soon on the heels of the second season finale was a pleasant surprise. I doubt we're going to get more than a single cour again, but I'll be happy as long as the quality remains high, even if the upcoming arc isn't my favorite.
They were probably planning it all along. I don't think that it'll be just a single season though. That last scene with the ocean in the PV suggests otherwise.

Yeah seems they'll be going with double cour this time going by the visual, it'd be impossible to reach that in 12 eps. I guess it was as I thought. They didn't want to end this season with the politics as it could lead to potential loss of viewers, so instead they're making that the start of the next season and then having a second cour filled with some of the best moments in the series.

Oh, joy. We've reached the absolute WORST story arc in this entire frigging franchise. Season 3 is gonna be a pile.

I think Isayama knows the politics Arc isn't really popular (I honestly considered dropping the manga at this point), so he could try to make it better in the anime, change some things, cut some things, throw in some more spoilers... We'll see.

As part of that apparent 1 percent of the population that actually really enjoyed the upcoming arc, I'll be looking forward to this. Although I'd be lying if I said I'm not looking forward even more to the arc that comes after.

Season 3 might just be the best one so far if they play their cards right. It's gonna be an interesting half a year.

As part of that apparent 1 percent of the population that actually really enjoyed the upcoming arc, I'll be looking forward to this. Although I'd be lying if I said I'm not looking forward even more to the arc that comes after.

Season 3 might just be the best one so far if they play their cards right. It's gonna be an interesting half a year.
...Are you insane?

i'm surprised there are people still watching this, i thought everyone -except me- already read the manga. they took too long to make a sequel, which hurt there sales quite a bit, and to think they'd announce a third one right after the second one finished... well i don't exactly mind, this way i won't have to read the manga any time soon.

Just looking at the cover and I'm already bored. I can only hope the anime will make the whole part more engaging, but I'm doubtful.

I can hear the disappointment train blowing its whistle in the distance, ready to pull up to the station. Let's get out on the tracks and welcome it with open arms, everyone. Maybe they'll have less ugly-ass face shots and terrible narrative structure for a change.

HAHAHA Optimism
3200e760e832634cc0dc9c61813b4f0755397ce6_hq.gif

I thought that the 3rd season was just a rumor and then i searched it and found this and just exploded. OMG MUUUUSSSSTTTT WAATTCCHHHH! And then it said summer of 2018 *goes into a corner and cries. please don't hate me for liking aot

I thought that the 3rd season was just a rumor and then i searched it and found this and just exploded. OMG MUUUUSSSSTTTT WAATTCCHHHH! And then it said summer of 2018 *goes into a corner and cries. please don't hate me for liking aot

I could remind you the time it took S2 to air after the first season. This is still nothing.

Back