Love is Like a Cocktail

for a comedy short, this wasn't trying to be funny. i'm not sure what's it's purpose of existence of a comedy short if it's not trying to be funny.

So...
It's gutsy to give us an exposition episode for a show this short.

That said, next episode better turn it up several notches. I can't just waste three minutes on something that isn't going to suddenly turn into hentai.

for a comedy short, this wasn't trying to be funny. i'm not sure what's it's purpose of existence of a comedy short if it's not trying to be funny.

I don't think it's trying to be a comedy. The anime is really just about teaching the audience about different drinks with some romance throw in the middle. Super fucking creepy romance at that.
He gets her drunk to get affection from her.
The implications of that are pretty disturbing.

This was pretty harmless. I think some folks are reading to much into this gag short. As a individual who has struggled with alcohol abuse, I really don't see any signs of real life issues here. Not saying it can't go or touch on it later, but right now I'm on board. If you look closely there are several positive points here; women helping each other out in a tough work environment, a Japanese husband in stereotypical woman's role. If you switched their genders I guess none of you would comment on it. The description heavily implies that she wouldn't go drinking with her colleague because alcohol makes her seem less professional. That is not a drinking problem, but a choice she makes in her work place.

This was pretty harmless. I think some folks are reading to much into this gag short. As a individual who has struggled with alcohol abuse, I really don't see any signs of real life issues here. Not saying it can't go or touch on it later, but right now I'm on board. If you look closely there are several positive points here; women helping each other out in a tough work environment, a Japanese husband in stereotypical woman's role. If you switched their genders I guess none of you would comment on it. The description heavily implies that she wouldn't go drinking with her colleague because alcohol makes her seem less professional. That is not a drinking problem, but a choice she makes in her work place.
All is well but the the whole "if they switched genders" is indeed just a guess on your part. Besides only one person said she has a drinking problem.

Yeah, and this jackhole doesn't respect that choice. Take me. I don't drink, and my brothers and acquaintances know that. They'll offer, but they never push it when I naturally say no. This guy coerces her into it. And that's not cool.

Yeah, and this jackhole doesn't respect that choice. Take me. I don't drink, and my brothers and acquaintances know that. They'll offer, but they never push it when I naturally say no. This guy coerces her into it. And that's not cool.
Meh. My brother and dad try to coerce me into smoking weed with them all the time. It's mostly just annoying.

The wife seemed like she enjoyed drinking, but just got embarrassed that she acts all cutesy when she does. She even mentioned how much she wanted to go out with her work buddy. Not sure why anyone's assuming she's an alcoholic or that her husband is shoving her off the wagon. Granted, I set a personal best with how quickly I got bored while watching this, so I might have missed something.

you naturally refuse, right? but you easily take it when we offer it on this forums :P
I don't mess around with weed. It's bad for your health. Crack, on the other hand, is all natural. Nature's perfect cure all. People die all the time from drinking alcohol, but nobody's ever died from crack. They should just legalize crack already. I need it for my glaucoma.

Episode 1
I've never heard of a Plum Splet before, but now I wanna try one. Plus her adorable drinking face after she lets the hair down. I'm sold. This seems pretty much in the same vein as Isekai Shokudō which I also enjoyed.

Episode 2:

Someone get this bitch to AA, not because she's an alcoholic, but because she's so fucking annoying. Being clingy and acting like a ditz isn't cute.

I don't get the appeal of this...

i7CxfZ7.jpg

Oh, now I see it.

Eh. I'll give it another week.

Ultimately, this show will sink or swim based on how well they handle the relationship between the husband and wife. We need just one strong moment that links the drinking to something real about them, something that will resonate. It doesn't have to be serious, either, just genuine. And it has to happen very quickly.

Again, this is a show where there isn't a lot of room to play around in, with 2 minutes of story each week...but Tsurezure Children made it work in little bite-sized morsels, so it's more than possible.

Fingers crossed.

Back