Gintama: Porori-hen

From what I've picked up on, seems pretty likely they're going to be adapting the comedy arcs, they skipped out on. Don't get me wrong, serious Gintama, is fucking awesome still. But it'll be nice, to go back to the sillier stuff for a bit.

Automatically AOTS.
You're God Damn Right
suggqHA.gif

01:

I mean, it's a given, this was going to be freaking hilarious. But as soon as the episode opened and crammed in a billion references, no fucks given, I died. :laugh:

Gintoki needs to win bestest dad of the year award. Them fussing over her so much, was so great. This show, just always hitting these nice sweet moments, like the bar convo with Gintoki, and baldy, to hilarious hijinx the next moment, perfectly.

KGry8NR.png

SUP, HOME SLICE.

Hooray for sunday's being my laugh filled day of the week this season. \o/

Feels like I haven't laughed this hard in awhile, and a breath of fresh air, after the shitstorm of summer season.

Last edited:
Episode 1
Omg, within the first minute I was laughing so hard I almost started crying. Sometimes I think Gintama's reached the limit of how many references it can pack in a short space of time, and then it goes and pulls shit like that. I love it.
Gin being all father like over Kagura was just adorable. And the boyfriend... well, I figured he wouldn't be human, but that was unexpected to say the least...

And I already can't wait for next Sunday. Damn, this season's just going to be 20 minutes of bliss every week followed by a week of waiting impatiently for Sunday to roll around again, isn't it?

All I can say is, I hope this is at least two cours. They also made a Kemono friend's reference, which I did not expect at all. They will literally reference anything they can possibly get their hands on.

I hope they make fun of smart phone or something, at some point, that'd be great. First thing, I thought of, when I saw "Slip Arc" lol.

Last edited:
Man, I couldn't stop smiling and laughing during these twenty minutes. Gintoki and Umibozu are a fucking killer comedy combo. It's too much for a person to handle. Sundays are going to be awesome for a season or two, now.

P.S. Toddler Kagura broke the cute-o-meter.

Episode 1:

As a grown-ass grownup I heartily approve of this episode. The only problem I had with it was I just picked my Halloween avatar two days ago and this episode already gave me half a dozen things i want to replace it with.

This episode should just have been titled Kagura's two shitty dads. Poor guys might be grown-ass grownups, but they sure aren't ready to deal with this daughter finding a ogre baby for a boyfriend. I probably wouldn't deal with it much better so I can feel their pain even as I laugh at their witty banter.

I was going to say classy banter, but then I remembered there was an extended bloody diarrhea, so classy probably isn't the best word.

As a lover of pale women, I am totally with Umibozu on his feelings on toasty women. I am married to the most untoasty woman ever. Just how I like it. @Tents would be so wrong toasty.

Episode 1:

As a grown-ass grownup I heartily approve of this episode. The only problem I had with it was I just picked my Halloween avatar two days ago and this episode already gave me half a dozen things i want to replace it with.

This episode should just have been titled Kagura's two shitty dads. Poor guys might be grown-ass grownups, but they sure aren't ready to deal with this daughter finding a ogre baby for a boyfriend. I probably wouldn't deal with it much better so I can feel their pain even as I laugh at their witty banter.

I was going to say classy banter, but then I remembered there was an extended bloody diarrhea, so classy probably isn't the best word.

As a lover of pale women, I am totally with Umibozu on his feelings on toasty women. I am married to the most untoasty woman ever. Just how I like it. @Tents would be so wrong toasty.
I am not watching this but I did get a notification so I had to look this up and I got very confused for a minute. I thought he called me ice cold. A corpse basically. All is good, everything was explained to me after I gave him the look.

Umm.. on the topic? I heard ZK cackle a lot during the episode and usually you only get a faint smile out of that dude. Creepy.

Ep 1. It's here.

I mean, the episode literally started with rapid-fire parody references to one piece, dbz, hxh, bnha, and naruto within the first minute. C'mon. Don't set the bar TOO high, Gintama.

The dialogue between gintoki and umibouzu and their story were really a blast for me, since my family is actually going through a similar thing that kagura and her "dads" are going through. it wasn't exactly shocking when
the kid turned out to be some monster/walking attack on titan reference
though, it did get a chuckle out of me. This was classic Gintama through and through, exactly what i wanted to see. I think i like the opening too, not sure yet though.
the only complaint i have about it is that i had too much homework to watch it sooner... curse you college.

Last edited:
Man, I couldn't stop smiling and laughing during these twenty minutes. Gintoki and Umibozu are a fucking killer comedy combo. It's too much for a person to handle. Sundays are going to be awesome for a season or two, now.

P.S. Toddler Kagura broke the cute-o-meter.

Agreed, small Kagura is a very good thing.
Honestly I previously thought Gintama was going to be on Saturdays for some reason, but this balances it out. I'm guessing we have confirmed anime of the season though, since BNHA season 2 is over and the rest of the fall lineup with the exception of Lerche's Kino no Tabi don't exactly scream "potential" to me. But who knows. The only thing I know is I couldn't be happier to have Gintama back on my screen.

Jeez... it was amazing!!! At the beginning I couldn't say that it's the best episode but at the end I wasn't sure about it.

jeez i'm very happy to see this overthrowing Kimi no Na wa from the thrown of the top anime here on AP

jeez i'm very happy to see this overthrowing Kimi no Na wa from the thrown of the top anime here on AP

I'm no fan of Your Name, but it's kind of ridiculous for a show to shoot to number one after a single episode. I guess it goes to show that Gintama has a very dedicated fanbase.

Back