Aho Girl

It has Tomokazu Sugita as the straight-man character lead, so they're doing something quite right.
Considering checking this out. The manga's not all that great, but the voice acting I've heard in a few clips certainly seem to add more to the humor.

I've gone into every episode saying, "Am I going to like this?"

I don't know why, of course, because the show makes me chuckle (and let out at least one loud "HA!") pretty consistently.
Was that an S&M joke or a rape joke?
Oh, and Aho-mom is my new favorite.

Episode 4.
Are we sure she's an idiot? Cause she dismantled that poor teachers world view like she was Machiavelli...

Episode 4.
Are we sure she's an idiot? Cause she dismantled that poor teachers world view like she was Machiavelli...
she is a mental genius!

I picked this one up on a whim, actually it is quite good, i figured a show about an idiot... being an idiot would be a bit boring but it is quite funny, i love how stupid this girl can get and how she is generally proud of it.

I think I might love this show.
Aho-mom is still the best. But Morality-Squad and Ruri are right in behind her.

Best gag, for me, was probably the "Why would I do that?!" from Morality-Squad about watching the delinquent at the beach.

Also: beach episode incoming.
[high fives self]

I think I might love this show.
Aho-mom is still the best. But Morality-Squad and Ruri are right in behind her.

Best gag, for me, was probably the "Why would I do that?!" from Morality-Squad about watching the delinquent at the beach.

Also: beach episode incoming.
[high fives self]

Them nipple swimsuits.... need i say more?!!
Seriously, i do quite enjoy it, Aho parent starts out like she knows her kid is hopeless but hopes her to marry A-kun to give her a chance... or to be a gold digger (xD) but she turns out to be as dumb herself as her kid (which we have seen bits of to be fair).

I like disciplinary girl... she is just... great! I like she has gone from him being a perv to her sneaking into his room watching him sleep and stalking him whilst hiding in the street spying on him...
fun episode.

Beach ep... one series you know it will actually but a good beach ep just because it is this show

Episode 5.
It's a wonder Yoshiko is as sane as she is with a mom like that...

Also, some dude pointed out Yoshiko and her mom are Hibiki and Maria...and now I can't unhear that.

No, no. Definitely love this show.
Aho-mom. On screen for two seconds and comedy gold. Is there nothing she can't do?

Seriously, she's so wonderfully ridiculous that she can literally do anything--genuinely, literally anything--at any time in any place and it will undoubtedly be in character. And make sense. Because Aho-mom is ridiculous. And I love her for it.

And Oppai-Iincho (yes, I've accepted her in-world nickname) might be an even better foil for Yoshiko than A-kun. Every time they clash is hilarious: serious girl resists, idiot girl insists, serious girl submits to the delusion. And it works because Yoshiko pulls the world around her into her idiot orbit so that the very fabric of reality becomes as ludicrous as she is.

And, seriously, that bit where Oppai-Iincho wanted A-kun to check out her rack was fantastic. "Just look a them!" Hee-hee, so good.
Has anyone here read the comic? Is it this good?

People are missing out on this. Aho Girl truly continues getting funnier with each episode and character introduced. I keep thinking it has to reach a limit, but it has not happened.

EP 6

This one was...well...god bless. The dog was the best part. But when I see that scene, all I can think of is

But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain... and an idiot... a basket case... an innocent girl... and a desperate parent. Does that answer your question?
Sincerely yours, Aho Girl
.....BANANAS!!!!
d4ab2b177f21db6581264e629afc57c9--closet-doors-the-closet.jpg

EP 6

This one was...well...god bless. The dog was the best part. But when I see that scene, all I can think of is

But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain... and an idiot... a basket case... an innocent girl... and a desperate parent. Does that answer your question?
Sincerely yours, Aho Girl
.....BANANAS!!!!
d4ab2b177f21db6581264e629afc57c9--closet-doors-the-closet.jpg
Pretty sure it was a reference to Shane, actually.

Back