• Reefer Madness (lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday

• Saving Grace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My favorite part of the whole movie is a tiny joke that wasn't even overt or anything. When the cartoon taxicab hops into Roger's car and starts driving it, I laughed my ass off. It's the little jokes like that that make Roger Rabbit soooooo damn good.

Anyone interested in watching a weird as shit Eastern European movie with me? I'm not sure when we'd do it, but the film looks like something different that would be fun to discuss with a group.

The movie is like three hours long though, so it would be a large time commitment, but maybe we could break it up into two sessions or something.

Anyone interested in watching a weird as shit Eastern European movie with me? I'm not sure when we'd do it, but the film looks like something different that would be fun to discuss with a group.

The movie is like three hours long though, so it would be a large time commitment, but maybe we could break it up into two sessions or something.
I'm in for this, if we can find a time we (and anyone else @HasseRovdjur @GenSan @SpanglishJC hint hint) want to do it, then we should deffo give it a go.

The Killer-John Woo's first major production is about an assassin who falls for a girl he accidentally blinded during a gunfight and takes one last job in order to get her eyes replaced. He spends most of the movie being tailed by a cop who eventually befriends him. The gunfights are large and exciting but the choreography isn't all there and there's not quite as much acrobatics as the much better Hard Boiled. Nonetheless, if only for a mid-movie scene where the cop and assassin train guns on each other for six or seven minutes while holding a conversation with the blind girl, it's a worthwhile watch if you're big into action movies and want to see something unique.

36th Chamber of Shaolin-A late '70s martial arts flick about a guy who wants revenge for the death of his father so joins a Shaolin Temple where he must learn go through 35 chambers in order to come out a master. The fights are pretty slow and very obviously choreographed in a way that is initially quite jarring, especially given how Jackie Chan and more contemporary martial artists are very fast to the point where you can hardly tell the battles are choreographed. That said, the middle of the movie training sequences are pretty entertaining and everything that comes after pales in comparison. It's basically an Oreo where the cookie part is plain but serviceable but the middle is where all the tasty bits are.

About an hour into Priscilla: Queen of the Desert is when I realized this movie has basically no plot. Just three people dicking around on a bus for 90 minutes. Got old quick.

To Wong Foo is better.

I think I'd be up for it, if we break it up into parts, that would work pretty well for me.

I might I might be, but no promises. Maybe we should start another club, called something like "reducing each other's watching lists club"?

Miami Connection- One of my favorite bad movies, on par with Samurai Cop. An 80's schlockventure about a band named Dragon Sound who faces off against cocaine dealing Miami biker ninjas. It's got everything you could want from an eighties movies: fashion, cheesy music, synth, martial arts, bad acting, ninjas, bikers, cocaine, Miami. It's pretty much the most eighties movie I can think of. Hard to give a rating to a movie that's this spectacularly bad but I'd say for enjoyment alone it's a B.

North by Northwest- Classic Hitchcock adventure I shouldn't have to explain or suggest to anyone. One of my favorite movies with so many great aesthetics and classic sets. Definitely worth a watch for any movie fan.

Prisoners- Denis Villeneuve's psychological mystery film about two children who are kidnapped and a father who goes on a vigilante hunt for justice, paralleled by a police detective trying to solve the case through legal means. It's a very, very well directed film that's extremely taut and one of the most tense film experiences I've ever sat through. The story doesn't give you everything, instead forcing the viewer to connect the dots rather than treat us like idiots. It's an exceptional piece of crime film and another definite suggestion from me.

If anyone wants something truly horrific and funnier than S**T is Killer Clowns from Outer Space. They have popcorn guns and spin there victims up w/cotton candy! Plus make is cool.

If anyone wants something truly horrific and funnier than S**T is Killer Clowns from Outer Space. They have popcorn guns and spin there victims up w/cotton candy! Plus make is cool.
A lot of us already saw that. It was the first (And pretty much only) film picked by the largely defunct Horror Club.

Finally saw Drag Me to Hell and while I did like it overall, this movie makes me so mad and aggravated.

It'd be one thing if the main character was a horrible person, and while she has her moments, I don't think she's the most horrible, certainly not in this movie itself. And yet she goes through all of this stuff,
and it increasingly gets worse, and damn man! She doesn't deserve it!

And the end is a special kind of "fuck you" because she still gets the shaft at the end of everything. After all the shit she went through, the things she did and endured, she still gets shit on.
It just makes me so angry!

giphy.gif

ALSO
The parts with the cat bothered me especially, since I am a huge cat lover and I have a cat of my very own. That was...incredibly hard to watch

5th time I've seen Shoot 'Em Up and I still love it.
One of my favorite action films of the 21st century. It's sad how overlooked it is given how perfectly schlocky it is. And Paul Giamatti's performance is the best I've ever seen in a movie of that quality.

Project A- Jackie Chan. Police. Late 19th century. Somewhere pirates show up. Jackie jumps from a clock tower through some overhangs to the ground and there's a pretty impressive bicycle fight. Otherwise, the movie is pretty bland and unimpressive, even the final battle feels pretty lame compared to some of the other fights in the film.

Tai-Chi Master- Jet Li. One of the early wire-work martial arts films and one that's a ton of fun. Li's a Shaolin monk kicked out of his monastery with his brother for fighting an elder. The two embark on an adventure into civilization where Li's brother ends up lusting for power and joining the military, branding Li and his new friends as rebels. The fight scenes would be more impressive if you didn't see every wire on everything, but it gets a pass since this was the very early 90s. It's a nice short film with a lot of good action and humor.

Back