Boruto: Naruto Next Generations

Episode 1:

It was pretty acceptable considering it's not following the movie or the manga. Good animation and soundtrack. It just doesn't feel like Naruto at all, all the charm is gone, as is the old style. I'm really not happy following this or the manga, but it looks like I can't stop myself... Shame.

But still, WHERE IS MY CHAPTER 700 PIEROTT??!! Annoying enough it wasn't part of Shippuuden, but they don't even make it the first ep of Boruto? Seriously though, I wonder where they're going to incorporate this now, because it seems like they've completely missed their chance and are going to ignore it ever existed.

Episode 1
I'm at the point where I don't even feel anything. My heart has already been ripped out by Pierrot. I just kind of watched the screen in a daze.

Sigh...

Episode 1:
But still, WHERE IS MY CHAPTER 700 PIEROTT??!! Annoying enough it wasn't part of Shippuuden, but they don't even make it the first ep of Boruto? Seriously though, I wonder where they're going to incorporate this now, because it seems like they've completely missed their chance and are going to ignore it ever existed.

They're not going to incorporate it. Pierrot adds a lot of shit and ignores everything good.

I can't believe this is what we got in lieu of the Epilogue... if I'm staying optimistic, then we could still get the Epilogue because this looks like it takes place before it. As they aren't even in the academy yet. It would of been really nice to get Chapter 700 and Scarlet Spring animated within this Boruto Anime, but at this point, it seems like they are just going to take a completely different direction and kind of retell things their own way... which, at this point, seems shitty because this opening episode was pretty much a fail in terms of introductions.

The opening segment was the same as the manga though, and I'm not sure if Boruto's eye thing is their attempt and giving him Byakugan or just some other random thing... I'll continue watching this, but I know i'm going to be disappointed. I'm mostly just hoping for some nice moments from the older generation.

Edit: The one good thing I'll say is that Kana-Boon did the OP. They're the best part about this atrocity.

yeah based on the op rock Lee may have a son..........in chap 700, there was no such indication, and Ten Ten was a sad lonely weapons shop owner.

So I wonder who he nailed.........

either TenTen or he pulled a Gai and found a random kid and dressed him up like him till the look related.........

Ps.......I hate Boruto's weak friend and likely future squad mate............

Boruto is just as preachy as his dad was.......

oh and they really should have changed naruto's voice actor this time, A woman might pull off a teenage boy, but gonna have a hard time doing a convincing adult male.

yeah based on the op rock Lee may have a son..........in chap 700, there was no such indication, and Ten Ten was a sad lonely weapons shop owner.

So I wonder who he nailed.........

either TenTen or he pulled a Gai and found a random kid and dressed him up like him till the look related.........

Ps.......I hate Boruto's weak friend and likely future squad mate............

Boruto is just as preachy as his dad was.......

oh and they really should have changed naruto's voice actor this time, A woman might pull off a teenage boy, but gonna have a hard time doing a convincing adult male.

Uhh...
6d5khLB.png

I liked the first episode. Animation seemed fine and I'm interested to see if Denki (was that his name?) grows into his own. It was a surprise to see Boruto making friends with a kid like that, I didn't necessarily pick up on that vibe from him in other source material, so I'm curious to see if that relationship pans out. I also got a kick out of the scene with them crashing into the monument.

My expectations are sort of low though. I'd love it if this doesn't turn into GT...though it might. Probably will. Meh.

That was kind of a let down................While it had it's entertainment value any true naruto fan would enjoy, I was hoping we would see things more like early in the 1st season were over powered techniques were a ways away and fights were highly entertaining because the tactics needed to fight.

Buroto already has shadow clones and a great number of them, Naruto took a few episodes to manage that, the guy he fought already had chakara control to scale walls and a command of an element. There was the usual, you thought you hit me but that was really my clone/substitution moments, but overall the fight was nothing special, just attack spamming with little substance.

well that aside, Buroto looks like he has 2 love interest, one similar to Hinata in which I can't really tell what her roots are, and Sasuke and Sakura's spawn playing the tsundere role. With genetics having her descending from the characters currently holding the 2nd and 3rd most hated anime character spots on this website, she is sure to climb the ranks.

That was kind of a let down................While it had it's entertainment value any true naruto fan would enjoy, I was hoping we would see things more like early in the 1st season were over powered techniques were a ways away and fights were highly entertaining because the tactics needed to fight.

Buroto already has shadow clones and a great number of them, Naruto took a few episodes to manage that, the guy he fought already had chakara control to scale walls and a command of an element. There was the usual, you thought you hit me but that was really my clone/substitution moments, but overall the fight was nothing special, just attack spamming with little substance.

well that aside, Buroto looks like he has 2 love interest, one similar to Hinata in which I can't really tell what her roots are, and Sasuke and Sakura's spawn playing the tsundere role. With genetics having her descending from the characters currently holding the 2nd and 3rd most hated anime character spots on this website, she is sure to climb the ranks.

This was a huge let down, as I imagine the entire series will become. It is already dragging out, it looks like we'll get at least an arc of just classroom stuff, introducing the new characters, etc. Then, I wouldn't be surprised if they just retold the Boruto movie, because fuck us. This will probably be Dragon Ball Super levels of ambition and length.

Boruto is supposed to be a genius, based on what we've seen in the Epilogue, Scarlet, and Boruto Movie. I was actually disappointed with his lack of diversity. Just using clones with no direction is sort of "riding on the Hokage's coat tails." Granted, this is still pretty early, arguably pre-Epilogue, so I guess he could just be waiting to surprise us. I know he's supposed to have access to multiple elements. Essentially a mix of Sasuke and Naruto.

Based on what we already know, BorutoxSarada is the main squeeze. I have no idea why they had to add all these random characters. Senpai, Class Rep, Nerdy Kid... ugh... just, focus on the actual kids. Shit, Cho Cho could carry half the series to be honest. She damn well did with Scarlet Spring.

That being said, I don't think they named Lee's "kid" but what the actual fuck? Metal Lee? Are you serious? o_o

I didn't really have much to say about episode 1, but omg...

• Inojin is wearing overalls over a hoodie.
  • It's two weeks into class and Denki still doesn't know what chakra is. At least he had the sense to Google it.
  • They needed a Hinata character, but obviously couldn't have Hinata's daughter fill that role, so we have Class Rep. They gave her purple hair for further clarification.
  • Bully kid failed the graduation test twice. His reasoning for this is that "times have changed." He still continues to skip classes. Fighting with Boruto once seems to have given him a change of heart. Also, he looks like he came straight out of Kingdom Hearts/TWEWY with his weird, strappy hat.
  • Chocho had like two lines, and she's already the best character.
  • Metal. Lee.

I will never understand why they feel the need to continuously add new characters and other random, unnecessary crap into this series. There is so much material to work with, yet they ignore it all and focus on adding in so much filler content that it takes away everything Kishimoto has done himself. All these new characters are acting as a blemish to the whole thing. Shikadai standing behind Boruto despite everything is great. Shino as a teacher is a lot of fun to watch. Inojin has been interesting too, despite his clothing choices. Hearing the kids speak about Naruto so highly is wonderful, and so is hearing them talk about how their parents are all friends.

Basically, all the canon characters are great and I love seeing them. It's the new characters that are taking away from everything, and that's what we're focusing on so far. We don't need a class rep. We don't need some brat flunkie. I get that Boruto, Shikadai, Inojin, Chouchou, Sarada Himawari, and Metal Lee don't make up the entirety of Konoha's kid population, but for fucks sake, this show is supposed to be about them. If you need stuff to space things out, use them. I hope these new kids won't matter after the first few episodes. Iwabe's entire character is stupid, and Boruto's fight against him was just plain awful. The cookie cutter class rep character isn't much better either, and I honestly don't care for Denki at all. I hope he's not going to be your typical "weak character with all the information" type. He's already carrying around a laptop everywhere all of a sudden.

The next episode looks like it'll be better though, but we'll see.

Well, that was an episode. How many more of these do we have to sit through until we get some actual content?
I guess we're just meant to assume Boruto's weird eye thing is the Byakugan? Even though that's not how the Byakugan works. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being some other random power.

At least Sarada is in the next one? Potential? ChoCho hanging on the side? Maybe?

This show needs more Naruto and less of filler characters.

I'm guessing no one is in a hurry to watch this, and I'm guessing this thread will mostly be dead due to how this series has unfolded initially.

My feelings towards Episode 4 are basically the same as my feelings for the other 3:

giphy.gif

They were like, "Fighting is forbidden in Ninja Academy."
Remember that time, like, two episodes ago... that Boruto fought that kid that kept getting held back?

Then, during the flag capturing thing, they are over here throwing Ninjutsu at one another, and ChoCho even knocks a motherfucker out. I guess that didn't count as fighting though? Okay.

I also explicitly remember, because Naruto and Sasuke's love was so strong, that they had to fill every encounter they had after the timeskip with flashbacks, that they were part of a sparring match that was held during the Academy and overseen by Iruka. With the whole, seal of reconciliation. I guess that's not a thing anymore?

My hope keeps going on though. I dropped hopes for some things, but my new hope is that once they get out of the academy, things will pick up some. All this "character" building is pretty awful, abusing cliches and putting the things everyone wants in the background. It's apparent that Kishimoto is uninvolved. I wish he would get involved though... even Toriyama started to get ashamed of Super, so maybe one day Kishimoto will be like, "ENOUGH! I got this."

5-7~
Nothing much to say about this still... pretty much just following the same pattern every episode. It'll probably be awhile before we get into anything substantial.

Even the ChoCho episode was pretty underwhelming.

Well, that was an episode. How many more of these do we have to sit through until we get some actual content?
I guess we're just meant to assume Boruto's weird eye thing is the Byakugan? Even though that's not how the Byakugan works. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being some other random power.

At least Sarada is in the next one? Potential? ChoCho hanging on the side? Maybe?

This show needs more Naruto and less of filler characters.
about Boruto's eye
wasn't that the Tenseigan of the movies?

finally...........

they address the byakugan...................or whatever the fuck it is, cause it sure doesn't resemble the byakugan, and details reguarding obtaining eye powers not named the sharingan or byakugan is complicated and escapes my memory at this point.

in any case the power itself is the only thing interesting about this season, so it's about time they addressed it.

Back