My Hero Academia 2

Well, at least it will be consistent and fun to watch.

I can guess a few plot developments from the onset but I'll certainly enjoy this as the first season was quite consistent after ample build-up.

I just watched episode 1 and probably will continue to watch it.
I read to chapter 120 of the manga, was disappointed and dropped it. So I'm not as hyped as many are.

Episode 1:

This was nothing more than a glorified recap episode with a little bit of story setup. The first season was slow paced enough and didn't end that long ago, I definitely didn't need this lengthy recap.

Wait, literally the first episode of the second season was a recap? I thought that was the point for that other recap; Hero's Notebook.
And yes @Bradalee it's a 2-cour.

The comparisons between this and AoTs first episode are unavoidable. Released on the same day, one recaps an entire 2 cours from 4 yrs ago in like a minute and proceeds straight to the action. The other not only has an entire recap episode, but they feel the need to spend half the first episode recapping AS WELL despite only having 1 cour to recap and the last season only having ending 9 months ago... Poor choice of pacing which is not a good start. It reflects how the first season handled things, and many didnt take that well. I hope its just a one off thing being its the first episode and that theyve learnt their lesson, but we'll see.

They added in some original content to foreshadow future events which was great. Aside from that really theres no much to comment on. That narration scene by Izuku at the start of the episode had some amazing animation though. Highlight of the episode.

Episode 1:

Wasn't expecting so long of a recap in the first episode, i was getting bored by the minute and i read the manga, so i was somewhat excited to the sports festival. At least it seems we are getting it in the next episode.

Ep 1

I can only hope they pick up the pace next episode...

Also, tthere's a simuldub for those interested

Ep 2:
They're spent too much time on the intro + recap. They should have dropped them and they would have been able to adapt another half a chapter or so, instead of slowing the episode and stalling for time to get a good ending... Though it looks like the entire season will be like this.

Still way better than ep 1. We can already see the production is considerably higher than s1, some of the action scenes looked great.

I'm all caught up with this now, and it sucks to be. It is a fun show and the only big shortcoming is its slow pace. In truth I should have waited until this season was over, but I just finished S1 and simply wanted a bit more.

Hopefully this sports festival will be good fun.

EP 3

It's over 10 million? Either his friends team up with him or he gets paired with ppl that plan to sabotage the event.

Really liked episode 3.

i think they captured really well the essence of the sports festival from the manga. Can't wait for the next one [\SPOILER]

Back