Introduce yourself to the Anime-Planet community!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Welcome to Anime-Planet!

Introduce yourself to the community by using the reply box at the bottom of the page. Tell us about yourself! Here's some fun questions to get you started.

How did you get into anime?

What's your favorite genres/styles?

What are your recent favorites (anime or manga)?

What are your hobbies? (besides anime!)

What's your favorite non-anime movie?

How did you hear about Anime-Planet?

I am a newbie, but I suppose I will get us started!

Through manga. I figured since I loved manga so much I would probably feel the same about anime. I was wrong. :P I got into manga however years ago through a friend. He had sneaked into his dads room and brought out this strange looking comic book. We read it, backwards at first, and soon realized it was very inappropriate for children. Still though, that weird looking comic we found intrigued me enough to spark my interest and lead to a life-long hobby.

In no particular order: Slice of Life, Romance, Seinen, Drama, Adventure

I am currently obsessed with Vinland Saga. A Silent Voice is also one of my favorites, as well as Welcome to the NHK

Tabletop gaming takes up most of my time outside of reading manga. I run a bi-weekly RPG game with a group of friends. Other than that I enjoy exploring new beers to drink, and playing darts.

Léon: The Professional

How did you hear about Anime-Planet
I heard about it years and years ago, but just recently thought about making and account.

@TheAnimeAshtray : Welcome to A-P! :duck:

-----
Hey, I'm CaptainSlow. Been here a (little) while. :drink:

Even though I was a bit of a Sailor Moon fan in high school, I didn't get into anime proper until I got to University. A friend of mine roped me into the Uni's geek club (which covered anime, manga, fantasy and sci-fi media, tabletop / video games and such), and got really into Dragon Ball and any manga I could get my hands on at the time.

I love me a good psychological thriller, though I'm impartial to sci-fi, fantasy, slice of life and the occasional oddball comedy.

Anime: I really enjoyed the second season of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, and on the other end of the spectrum I'm liking Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (despite not being a huge fan of crass comedy).
Manga: My reading list is about five miles long, I can't pick a definite favourite. :frustrat:

I spend a lot of my downtime playing my dear husband's video games or surfing the internet.

I don't know. I can only really think of a movie I consider a guilty pleasure: this one.

To be honest, I don't remember. I think I was looking for a way to track what I'd seen at the time, and I think I found MyAnimeList too overwhelming design-wise.

ASL?
1990, Male, Portugal

What are your hobbies?
For entertainment I listen to music, watch TV series, movies and anime, play PS1, PS2 and PSP, read books, comics and manga, go out with friends and skateboard.

Fantasy
and Sci-Fi are my favourite genres in all media. Besides those, in anime and manga my favorites are Action and Shonen.

I got into anime when my uncle introduced me to Naruto and Bleach shows. I think that is why I will always have a place in my heart for shonen shows. From those two I delved deeper into other anime.
I also used to watch Dragon Ball and Samurai X (Rurouni Kenshin) on TV when I was in elementary school, but I don't consider that got me into anime since I didn't even know they were anime and that more like it existed.

What are your recent favorites? (in no particular oreder)
Anime:

Ushio and Tora TV
Shirobako
Your lie in April
Manga:
Red Sprite
Kimetsu no Yaiba
Fire Force

The Matrix

SumbleUpon (Internet Discovery Engine)

@TheAnimeAshtray Hi! It's cool that you came to anime thru manga! I didn't get into manga until much later in my anime journey. Because of this, I really hadn't heard of Vinland Saga (since I'm not as much into manga!) I just looked it up on the site here and it seems interesting and like something I should check out. I'm also not really familiar with A Silent Voice so I checked out the Forum Discussion topic since there seems there was some good activity there. (Discussion topic here.)

I was disappointed in the anime for Welcome to the NHK so I've never checked out the manga... It has a great buzz about it so I had really high expectations which is part of the reason I think I was so disappointed. Plus I adore happy endings and found NHK relentlessly depressing *wry grin* However, I'd love to hear the things you enjoyed about it... (There's also a Discussion topic for NHK manga here and anime here.)

Moving on, I'm curious about your tabletop gaming - do you do D&D or something else?

Last edited:
Through Sailor Moon, I suppose when I watched it on television back in the days. Cable TV was my savior since my internet connection wasn't the best.

Action, Seinen, Fantasy, Romance

I don't watch new shows too often. Newer anime movies are great though. Kimi no na wa was fantastic.

I play video games, enjoy a drink here and there, watch movies, learn Japanese,....

The Shawshank Redemption

When I still had an account on Twitter, I read about this forum in my timeline.

Through Sailor Moon, I suppose when I watched it on television back in the days. Cable TV was my savior since my internet connection wasn't the best.

Action, Seinen, Fantasy, Romance

I don't watch new shows too often. Newer anime movies are great though. Kimi no na wa was fantastic.

I play video games, enjoy a drink here and there, watch movies, learn Japanese,....

The Shawshank Redemption

When I still had an account on Twitter, I read about this forum in my timeline.

Welcome @clarkealux! I also got into Anime through Cable TV; Toonami and Adult Swim. Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist. This website was a good way to expand my horizons. There are a lot of knowledgable members, and lots of different perspectives. It's really a great place to really dig into Anime.

What's the newest series you've seen? There's been a lot of good Fantasy series in the past couple of seasons.

I also play a lot of games. What do you use? PS? Xbox? PC? Switch? There are a lot of threads and resources for gaming in the Entertainment Section of our forum.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me. I hope to see you around the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
@chad28 Hello and welcome! You skateboard, eh? Do you have a custom board? (I see skateboarders here in Cailifornia where I live, and am often amazed! I personally do not know much about it and highly doubt I could learn the skill!)

Did you realize there are often Discussion groups here on a-p where you can talk with others about your favorite shows and manga? To find them quickly, go to the main info page for the show, then click on the big purple Discuss In The Forum button on the right side. If there is an open Disscussion for the show/manga, that will bring you to it.

For instance, here are links to the Discussion topics for your favorite animes: Ushio and Tora TV, Shirobako, Your lie in April.

Last edited:
@clarkealux Hi!!! Like you, I didn't often watch new anime much, as my focus used to be on watching completed series, which meant I was watching a lot of older titles. Which wasn't a bad thing. But then I found the fun in watching current, ongoing shows - you should pick one and try it - you might be surprised and have fun like I do. I don't yet watch very many due to my time constraints, but I -do- enjoy watching a few each season. And joining in the Discussion groups here in the forum, as I've mentioned to others, only adds to my fun as I can give opinions on each episode as I watch it!

And, there are also discussion topics for movies as well! For instance, here's the discussion for Kimi no na wa.

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

Introduce yourself to the community by using the reply box at the bottom of the page. Tell us about yourself! Here's some fun questions to get you started.

hello ^_^ well just chat me if you want to know more about me.

Since i was a little girl , I love watching anime like Dragon balls and One piece, I prefer to watch TV at home than play outside with other kids

Hmmmmm... i like all genre only if the story is good.

Fenglin Tianxia - Wangfei Shisansui, Tales of Demon and God, and a lot more. I like stories with action romance and comedy on it. I don't like anime with Ugly story line and just full of fanservice images.

I love reading mostly . i'm addicted to reading novels, fanfiction and manga.
Also i love going out and hanging out with friends just to chill when i need a break from reading.

It's Forest Gump i find this movie so inspirational and moving i have watched it plenty of times already yet i still cry when re-watching it.

just searching for new manga site to read on.

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

I started watching it on tv

My favorite ones are romance,fantasy,comedy and sometimes I like action as well.

My favorite animes are:"Snow white with white hair" and "Gosick".

When I'm home alone I sing.

My favorites are:"The legend of zorro","Collateral beauty" and "Harry poter".

I saw it when i was googling for any app where i can see anime.

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

hello ^_^ well just chat me if you want to know more about me.

Since i was a little girl , I love watching anime like Dragon balls and One piece, I prefer to watch TV at home than play outside with other kids

Hmmmmm... i like all genre only if the story is good.

Fenglin Tianxia - Wangfei Shisansui, Tales of Demon and God, and a lot more. I like stories with action romance and comedy on it. I don't like anime with Ugly story line and just full of fanservice images.

I love reading mostly . i'm addicted to reading novels, fanfiction and manga.
Also i love going out and hanging out with friends just to chill when i need a break from reading.

It's Forest Gump i find this movie so inspirational and moving i have watched it plenty of times already yet i still cry when re-watching it.

just searching for new manga site to read on.

Welcome aboard! While we don't have any manga you can read on the site, we're hoping to have some in the future :) we DO have anime you can watch on the site, though!

Also, you can track everything you've read here, and the site's main purpose is as a recommendation database to get ideas of what to read next.

I too hate fanservice manga - I like sci fi, survival, and other dark genres though XD

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

I have a gothic friend who recommended it

Comics, mystery, romance

Kaichou wa maid sama

Reading

Izombie

I've been around for the last two years now but I might as well pop a post in here seeing as it is a new thread and all.
For a quick introduction, I'm an Anglo-Spaniard (by which I mean I am a half Brit/Spaniard) in the UK.

Right then, how did I get into anime?
I only started watching anime as a recurrent past time back in September 2014 with Kill la Kill kicking that off. I have always spent a lot of time online which increased my proximity with anime and I just decided one day that I might as well give it a try.

When it comes to favourite genres I often just like to say that I have a fairly varied taste. I suppose I could say that my most frequent genres are things like Sci Fi and Slice of Life. I can say that I am a big fan of cyberpunk.

I have a couple of lists for favourites. Most recently I have really been enjoying Little Witch Academia, the anime adaptation of Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon (I like the manga a lot too) and the second series of KonoSuba. I am behind on all of them though. Shingeki no Bahamut has been really good so far too with 4 episodes I have yet to watch.

Other hobbies I have, well at the moment mostly gaming. I play on pc and often play Rocket League or Overwatch, at least when it comes to online gaming. I usually play single player stuff. I have most recently completed Nier:Automata which has become a personal favourite.

I don't have a single favourite non anime film. Instead I just have lots of much loved films. Some examples include: Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back, Sergio Leone's Dollar's Trilogy, Mad Max 1,2 and Fury Road, Alien/s, The Terminator, The Outlaw Josey Wales and many others.

I found the site whilst searching for something from the then current season to watch with a friend in early 2015. We both made accounts shortly after.

That's enough from me I think.

Hey everyone ^-^
I did watch Pokemon, Dragonball Z, and Sailor Moon when I was younger, but I didn't know that they were animes at the time. Anyway, in 4th grade, I discovered the show Tokyo Mew Mew (Mew Mew Power in the English dub) and I loved it. I looked more into the series, and discovered that it was an anime from Japan. So, I ended up watching the Japanese original and I became hooked onto the Magical Girl genre. But I am 20 now so my taste has evolved tremendously.

Horror, Psychological, Sci-fi and Josei.

Steins;Gate has been my number one favorite. But, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu just made it on my favorites list recently.

I love to read, write, and bake.

I have so many, but it would have to be Ridley Scott's Alien.

From an old online friend of mine.

Welcome to Anime-Planet!

hey im ezabilla im new her if u want to know mor just contact me:baka:

i think it was through naruto when fiers time i watche it i became a fan of anime and evrything relited to it

nothing specific it just has to be agood story

Emmmm....i dont know there is many

i love reading and i write sometimes

i was loking for a sit to watch anime

Hey guys :balloon: I'm around about 4 years on this platform, so I thought, I should introduce myself :)

How did you get into anime? How did you hear about Anime-Planet?
I got first into anime, when I was a child. I loved Digimon, Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!. Then I got into One Piece, Naruto and some other of the "big" anime and I finally realised, that there is still more than this. This is when I started to watch anime intentionally ~my diary said it was the 13th March 2012~. After watching Death Note and some other popular anime, I needed a list, because I wanted more of this stuff, so I just landed here by clicking around the net ~this happened at the 1st March 2013~.

Well I love shounen and action anime! :love:I also like horror and comedy as well ~but both of them not together in one anime~ Well I watch every kind of stuff, the show just need to be rly good. I really dislike anime, that focus too much on sexual aspects.

What are your recent favorites (anime)?
Well I recently watched many good series, but my favorites are: ~ Blue Exorcist (every season) ~ Code Geass ~ Ushio and Tora (every season). Well I have watched many more animes than that, but those are my most beloved recently watched animes.

Well I like playing League of Legends or go outside and play volleyball or go swimming ~the weather is rly good~. But recently I have hurt my knee very bad, so I'm not allowed to do sport anymore for the next months...:baka: Well I also enjoy drawing a lot, but I'm still a noob. I don't have much time for hobbies, because I'm a university student with 2 jobs :sweat:So this is why I started to cook as hobby, because I rly need food, but it never went well and tasted aweful...:crying:

Movies? I rly liked recently "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" and "Rogue One", but I don't have something like a favorite movie.

~Touei

Hello! I just joined. You can call me piron :0

Through vocaloid, the first one I watched was the the black rock shooter anime I think

I like psychological series a lot. Horror is nice too. I like reading old shoujo and josei manga too, as long as it isn't romance. Not into that

I haven't watched much recently, but aku no hana is probably my favourite, both anime and manga. I like ghost hound very much too. And kino's journey

I draw a lot! I like gardening and nature too. I'm a bit interested in making music too, but I don't do that as much

I don't really watch movies :/

I'm not sure, honestly. I haven't been told about it, I've just known that it exists :^V

What the hell. I've been here 6 years, but now's a good a time as any to introduce myself.

Like every other dweeby kid in the 90's: DBZ on Toonami.

Comedy. Action. Yuri.
I like to laugh.
I like shit exploding.
And I like a well written girl-girl romance.

Sabagebu. Which is the funniest goddamn thing I've seen in ages.

I do 3 three things you could call a hobby:
I collect hats...a lot of them...you think I'm joking, but I'm not.
tumblr_inline_onturacrg41r5ioas_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_onturhpcGc1r5ioas_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_onturnjx831r5ioas_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_onturvV5qw1r5ioas_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ontus5Uys41r5ioas_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ontusdpjyh1r5ioas_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ontusmC0Cz1r5ioas_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ontusvr0Xc1r5ioas_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ontut3pEYE1r5ioas_1280.jpg

tumblr_inline_ontux9RZtC1r5ioas_540.jpg
I collect knives and swords and whatnot.
And I write cheesy, fluffy Yuri fics...yeah, what of it?

Joe Dirt.

Way back when, there was a forum on this streaming site, and one of the posters had an A-P sig. I was on MAL then, so I didn't pay it much mind. Then my profile fatally bugged, remembered that sig, and here I am.

Well I've been here for nearly a year now and seeing as I love to talk about myself it's probably about time I do this.

Pokémon, man. I kept seeing shows on tv with similar animation styles and I was immediately sold. Basically I liked anime before I even knew what anime was.

Science fiction and magical girl shows mostly. Preferably with LGBT+ under/overtones. I'm also starting to like more slice of life shows.

I've seen Akira nearly a year ago now and I'm still blown away by the quality of the animation so I guess that's definitely a favorite.
On the subject of manga, I really like Totsukuni no Shoujou which I started reading earlier this week, Madoka Magica moved me to tears a few times and as my first ever manga, Tokyo Mew Mew will always have a special place in my heart.

Hobbies? What hobbies? All I do is eat, sleep and go to college.
JK
I'm a graduated animator and I'm currently studying communication in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. In my free time I like to draw, write fanfiction and make comics of my own. This year I'll be participating in the Dutch Manga Awards!
I'm really into American comics and cartoons. Voltron: Legendary Defender and Gravity Falls being my favorite cartoons and Red Hood And The Outlaws (vol. 2) and DC Comics Bombshells being my favorite comics at the moment.

Labyrinth and Pacific Rim. I love movies that use practical effects over digital effects. I also really like Wes Anderson's movies for being beautifully composed and designed and Quentin Tarantino's movies for being incredibly entertaining.

I was at a birthday party of a friend of mine and I was telling the others I (at the time) recently got back into anime, and when I listed all the anime I'd seen on MAL was a lot more than I thought it was. As it turns out, everyone was on here instead of MAL so I made a profile here too. I never found them because I forgot to ask for their usernames.

Back