Classicaloid

Episode 1:
The fuck did I just watched?

Sugita as Beethoven plus giant robots? I mean what could go wrong? Aside from the awesome opening scene, there's plenty of wrong here. The first episode was boring, extremely unfunny despite being labelled as a comedy and the modern rocky arrangements of classical music is a bit of a mixed bag. Shame really. I actually dig the art style.

I'll give it two more episodes but it's very likely I'll drop this.

01:
I've gotta be brutally real here. If this show is a comedy, it sure didn't really make me laugh much at all and was just sort of dull. I was kind of underwhelmed for the majority of the episode and thought it was dragging it's heels. The seriousness and whole sentimental bits I was honestly very meh about. It really only got better and a bit more entertaining for me closer to the end, when they went with some over the top stuff with the ball room dancing mechas.

So, I didn't think it was actually flat out bad, I'm just not feeling too impressed either though at the moment. Anyway, yeah, gotta side with muffins, I can't say in good conscious this was a good starting episode to me overall aside from awesome art and everything.

1:

Cooking up gyoza is not a joke. Until the last 6 or so minutes I was mostly just thinking about how Mozart is essentially a Milky Holmes character.
CuQWPphVUAAcdRf.jpg
CuQWRcIUIAATUt0.jpg

I wasn't expecting this! I hadn't seen any trailers for this, and thought it would be some version of an idol show with Classical vocaloids instead. So I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the first episode. Only bug bear - it looks like List is a woman from the ED. Not historically accurate...

02:

Dear fucking god, was this episode fucking boring, and now I'm annoyed and angry at this show. This isn't what I expected at all.

Right, it was basically a boring, and dreary SOL show this episode, with annoying characters I seriously don't give two fucks about what their personal lives are like and comedy that's about as funny as a knife to the face. The gyoza thing wasn't funny the first time, and it certainly isn't funny the more times you repeat it. I was also expecting this to be a lot zanier with a premise like this, but no, it's actually pretty restrained and tame mostly for just dull as dish water SOL shenanigans. It wasn't until like the last few minutes, any actual music stuff happened and it was pretty underwhelming.

Sugita can't even save this show for me. Basically, fuck this show at the moment, I have no idea what the writers were thinking and you all shouldn't waste your time with this. Bottom line is, this isn't as OTT as your thinking and the music stuff is barely even there, it's a shitty SOL show in disguise.

Last edited:
2:

Lewd jello dessert aside, these 2 episodes give me the impression that this would better appeal to the PBS Kids crowd, which I'm at least 15 years removed from.

Fuck, this was supposed to be awesome.

I think describing the humour and this show in general atm as childish, would actually be a very accurate way to put it.

Also, I was just reminded of that dumb Twin tails show and dug up this quote from ZK. I think this about sums it up for me:
Some lazy fuck created a wacky concept and thinks that's enough to sustain a show instead of putting some effort into the writing

90% of the time, this is what ends up happening for me.
Anyway, alright, I'm done being mad about this. :laugh:

Episode 2
-angrily listens to Bach-
Needs more music, less chit-chat
Sneaksy SoL, tricking me with my favorite genre...

03:

This show still continues to suck all mighty balls, I can't even really lie about it either. They introduce some new tenants, but this show pretty much hasn't done fuck all to make me care about any of these guys or try to establish anything much of beyond -> Pissed off landlord, and quirky classical peeps giving her some everyday trouble, this isn't really terribly interesting. Characters and stuff just seem to.....exist, and having the comedy being awful doesn't help. The musical segments just aren't that great to me in all honesty too, and anything outside of those bits are painful to sit through.

I can't think of anything positive to say, just another boring episode. I don't really care for this slice of life approach with the idiotic classical composer brigade.

Also:
>Sugita repetitively gyoza ranting YET again
pls kill me

The Kawai Complex Guide to Manors and Hostel Behavior does the whole quirky tenants thing about one million times better than this show.

Last edited:
I'm very sad to hear all this. I was hyped for a wacky Sugita show.
But instead it's apparently just Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou if that had sucked?

I'm very sad to hear all this. I was hyped for a wacky Sugita show.
But instead it's apparently just Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou if that had sucked?

I mean, pretty much. This show is weirdly pretty subdued so far than whacky, and they force you to spend so much time looking into the daily lives of these characters outside of the musical bits which is pretty irritating honestly because the characters aren't even interesting or the slightest bit funny and the "quirky" antics have gotten old fast. I was expecting like some over the top musical robot fights, battle royale style or somethin, but nope, everything's been pretty aimless, and nothing's really happened, aside from them solving some random situation at a time with the power of music arbitrarily.

Sugita is practically the worst character here too, when he's basically just regulated to spamming shit about Gyoza, that's his entire character.

I pretty much can guarantee you'll be bored to death as is now unfortunately, and the fact it's getting shit on with low scores everywhere is a pretty telling sign in my book. There isn't really any point in watching this and I just feel like they took the completely wrong approach to this show.

Last edited:
Episode 3:
FSnnqeA.jpg

Jesus fuck. This was legit terrifying for me.

Anyway, I gave it three episodes and well...that's it for me. I rarely drop shows. I usually finish what I start even with the most shittiest of titles, but I don't think I can plow through 20 plus episodes of this boring crap. Thing is there are worse shows than this anime but at least I manage to squeeze some semblance of entertainment out of those shows especially if they're unintentionally funny bad. I get nothing from Classicaloid. Nothing at all. It's painfully DULL. It regurgitate the same gags over and over again and the music -which is supposedly the show's main draw- is just awful. The second half of every episode is this awful music video segment of crappily-arranged classics and it's just...ugh. Especially this episode.

I MIGHT attempt to pick this up again if there's any signs of improvement or if I suddenly developed insomnia and I'm desperate enough to find a cure.

Also, gyoza is fucking delicious. It doesn't deserve this.

Last edited:
tfw I see MAL has Classicaloid listed for fucking 25 episodes.

4KSMuI1.gif

If that's the case then their better be a lot more to it than there currently is.

Last edited:
DAT:

tfw I see MAL has Classicaloid listed for fucking 25 episodes.
If that's the case then their better be a lot more to it than there currently is.

I think I had the exact same reaction when I found out. I really doubt it's going to improve though with the way it's been going.

They say don't judge a book by its cover...I ignored that, and decided to not watch it based on the premise alone. Sounds like I made the smart choice.

They say don't judge a book by it's cover...I ignored that, and decided to not watch it based on the premise alone. Sounds like I made the smart choice.
You sure did. I'm not a dropping kind of guy quite like you are, but it's a series like this that makes me question my lifestyle choices.

Back