Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season

Episode 1

Well, this is a prequel so far. I actually quite enjoyed it but I expect it to turn more comedic very soon and then not at all take itself seriously just like every single serious moment in this show being negated in the first season.

Episode 2
From the opening, I'm assuming this entire season will be prequel.
So far, it's far more serious than the first season. I've seen glimpses of the odd humor, but nothing like season 1. Mafia-Dazai is less chipper than post-mafia-Dazai.

Episode 2
From the opening, I'm assuming this entire season will be prequel.
Anyone whose seen any of the promotional material for this season knows that to not be the case at all. I'm expecting more stuff in the same vein as season 1 sooner rather than later.

Shame this whole thing can't just be its own interlude season between the two. They even gave this flashback arc its own OP.

Last edited:
Episode 3
Well learned a few things about the secretive leader of Mimic, and more. Plus, the end, you know shit is gonna go down following. Pops and the kids, thats a bad way to go.

Episode 4:

If I dropped shows I would drop this one right now and just pretend this season was this excellent four episode flashback. After a well done noir gangster story, I really don't want to go back to all the characters and storylines I don't care about.

Episode 4
I like the backstory, I always wondered about the past of our fair detective who looks for death, mostly his own. It's to bad about his friends, one a triple agent, and the other, going out like a boss. Hopefully this momentum is kept.

Episode 7:

The return to the present finally picked up some steam, literally in fact. I wonder why in a world with most modern forms of transport, only the train looked like something from Thomas the Tank Engine?

Second season wrapped up today and I enjoyed it more than the first season. The flashback got the season started on a good note and even though it lost some of that momentum when it went back to the present timeline, it was still better than the first season. The guild had some interesting ability users and made for some fearsome foes. The season still suffered from a lot of the same problems as the first including a lot of crappy humor, but with the greater focus on a plot it was more compelling to watch. Of course it all ends with a hook for a sequel that promises to raise the stakes again, but we'll have to see if a third season is really in the cards.

Overall. I'll give it a 6 out of 10

Finished better than season 1 but still had issues. It's only a slightly better than average show. Was kinda expecting more tbh. Will continue with the manga, not sure what to expect though.

3.5/5

I enjoyed this show quite a bit. I was a little unsure about it starting with a long flashback but I guess it was needed to explain some of the characters so we would have an idea of who they were. I feel like the guild just kinda died out too fast as an enemy. There were so many questions that were not answered in the end, so I guess I will be watching season 3 to satisfy my curiosity.

Back