DMMC: Daily Manga Marathon Club

SpanglishJC

Welcome to the Daily Manga Marathon Club!
Join us! Leave a comment in here, in the marathon chat or on my, ChalamiuS', XMyNiceguyX's or Yakoz92's profile!
The younger sibling of the Daily Anime Marathon Club (DAMC)
Marathon Schedule
Marathon Silly Stats

Click here for the AP Marathon Club IRC chat!
Click here for the Anime-Planet IRC chat (Caution: NO SPOILERS)
We have a discord group too, you do not need the app and can use the browser if you wish. Click here to join --> https://discord.gg/sSPYvpw

You will be assigned a role once you are a confirmed member of the DMMC.

Want to marathon manga? Well now you can!
Here we focus on manga that are one volume in length (with the occasional 2 volume manga). We do avoid one shots mostly.
The start date of a marathon will be announced in the thread.

This marathon is run by the three founders: myself, XMrNiceguyX and ChalamiuS, and our admin Yakoz92. We rotate picks between the four of us whilst including manga picked by surviving members of the previous marathon.

Rules
Some simple rules for you all

1. If you have read some thing already you can do one of the following:
  • Re read it
  • Write a review
  • Make at least two recommendations
At the bottom of your review, label it as a Daily Manga Marathon Club review and link the thread. Do not label recommendations.
We encourage people to make decent recommendations and add reviews if they can.

1a. Reviews must be written using the review feature of the site.
1b. Recommendations must be written using the recommendation feature of the site.

2. If there is a manga in the marathon of which you have read, written a review and made at least 2 recommendations for you can take a free pass on it.

3. If you read a manga and its sequel(s) that were picked in the marathon, you only need to reread/ review/ recommend the first (unless rule 2 applies) and then you'll get an optional free pass for the others. Side and alternate stories do not follow this rule.

4. Everyone is responsible for finding the manga in question each day.

5. You have 7 days from a manga's announcement to complete it. For manga that are 2 volumes in length you have 14 days to read it.

6. Once you have finished a manga rate it! Make sure you let us know within those 7 days (14 days for 2 volume manga).

7. All manga must have been read within 7 days (14 days for 2 volume manga) after the last pick is announced.

8. Post your scores in this thread but if you want to have further discussion on a particular manga then use its specific thread that we will be linking in the announcement posts.

Some technicalities

Manga will be announced at 12:00GMT/UTC, there is a countdown timer on the schedule site.
Final stuff
You can use this thread to post your thoughts as well of course, don't forget those spoiler tags.
Current and past events in the post below by XMrNiceguyX
TACO Points

inyo9rR.png
You can now get points for participating in DMMC events! Make sure you post your contributions in the TACO thread.
You can get [50 Points] for participating.

Rules for Bonus Points

• clearly label your contributions as a club event (MM, FYAB, DTAB, etc.)
    • you need to make at least 5 recommendations or write a review (choose whichever you prefer) for the series that are a part of the event at that time.
    • recommendations must be made within 3 days of the end of the event
    • you must be at least somewhat active/present during the club events
    • provide a link to the event/thread to confirm eligibility
    • BUT if you didn't participate in the event (because you had already seen the titles, etc), if you hadn't made recommendations already for that series you can add them in the same time frame to get the points. *note: if you delete and re-add recommendations you'll be disqualified and Sothis wont be happy ;)
    • as always, please only make recommendations for SOLID pairings. Don't add bad recs just because you want the points, as that wastes valuable time (for Sothis, who has to struggle with deciding to flag something or not)
Banners
We actually have one now!
dmmc-banner-patchy-sakuya-2.png

dmmc-banner-patchy-sakuya-2.jpg

Thanks to @AngelBeatsYui for creating these two banners:
EQ0QIzG.png

0FKBWfm.png
Members
members.png

Last edited:
To give people a general idea what this challenge looks like, I will keep track of the past marathons in this post.

Marathon #0: 25 April 2016 - 08 May 2016 (FINISHED)
------------------------------------------------------------------
STATISTICS (click here)
Marathon #1: 18 July 2016 - 07 August 2016 (FINISHED)
STATISTICS (click here)
Marathon #2: 1 November 2016 - 23 November 2016 (FINISHED)
STATISTICS (click here)

Last edited:
I'll participate.

Edit: Since the pages on this thread are growing, I thought it might be nice to keep track of the warm up oneshots and some basic info. If your new these are not mandatory, they are just warm ups between marathons.

Most Current Warm Ups: Minds, Twinkle, I Am Currently Living with a Bear, Vampire Girl, The Dress, Selling Me Softly, Zutto Miteita Mono desu kara - These Oneshots were suggested by: hamletsmage - 5/15/2016
Gachipin - Suggested by: Thor123 - 5/18/2016
Poor Mama - Suggested by LadyPsychic - 5/21/2016

Past Warm-up Oneshots:

1. Bakemono Recchan - suggested by: XMrNiceguyX - 4/03/2016
2. Toilet ga Hanako-san - suggested by: XMrNiceguyX - 4/07/2016
3. Kasutoro Shiki(Collection of Oneshots) - suggested by: Thrawn - 4/07/2016
4. The Dancing Dwarf - suggested by: RoyalOss - 4/08/2016
5. Heaven's Door (collection of oneshots) - suggested by: Casandra29 - 4/08/2016
6. Fat - Suggested by: XMrNiceguyX - 4/10/2016
7. Harukoma - Suggested by: Taekwondoin - 4/14/2016
8. Namida ni Nureta Koi - Suggested by: Casandra29 - 4/14/2016
9. Myum Myum - Suggested by: Thor123 - 4/14/2016
10. Yuri Anthology Dolce (oneshot anthology) - Suggested by: ChalamiuS - 4/14/2016
11. Mario - Suggested by: Casandra29 - 4/14/2016
12. Hanshin - Suggested by: LadyPsychic - 4/15/2016
13. Karakuri - Suggested by: XMrNiceguyX - 4/16/2016
----- DMMC Pilot event -----
14. Jurassic Academy - Suggested by: Taekwondoin - 5/12/2016
15. Minds - Suggested by: hamletsmage - 5/15/2016
16. Twinkle - Suggested by: hamletsmage - 5/15/2016
17. I Am Currently Living with a Bear - Suggested by: hamletsmage - 5/15/2016
18. Vampire Girl - Suggested by: hamletsmage - 5/15/2016
19. The Dress - Suggested by: hamletsmage - 5/15/2016
20. Selling Me Softly - Suggested by: hamletsmage - 5/15/2016
21. Zutto Miteita Mono desu kara - Suggested by: hamletsmage - 5/15/2016
22. Gachipin - Suggested by: Thor123 - 5/18/2016
23. Poor Mama - Suggested by: Ladypsychic - 5/21/2016

There it is!
All our wonderful warm ups we've had so far preserved for posterity. I'll keep it updated so you can find the warm ups easier.

*There were a few suggestions that were not Oneshots or collections of oneshots. Those are not in the list at the moment, but I may add them later if other people want me to.

**Not good at Stat making may add best/worst scores later but this will help keep track of suggestions for warm ups and also help any new members who want to do them.
:smile:

Last edited:
Great to have ya! :smile:

Just a little bit more info for the picking rules. We'll be selecting stuff that's going to be 1 volume long AND finished. We have currently not decided yet what to do with volume-less webcomics, but if we're including these, it'll have a max page limit rather than a max chapter limit (chapter-sizes differ after all). We kind of need to see where we're going to put this page limit, but it'll probably be around the 150 pages (give or take). Oh, Light Novels are going to be out for now, mainly because those will take far longer to finish than the time we want to allocate to this per day.

Even though the club is headed by SpanglishJC, ChalamiuS and me, this two-week pilot marathon will only have picks by ChalamiuS and me this time around, since SpanglishJC wasn't quite sure if he was in or not (and ChalamiuS and me were way too eager to get the thing filled up :megusta:). If only there was more android slice of life stuff in the 1 volume manga department... :P

Last edited:
Awesome. Yakoz will also be joining in on this one, seeing that his interests lie mostly in manga anyway.

So far we're about 9 people for this first one. We'll allow people to join in up to 7 days into the thing though, so if you aren't sure yet and would like to see a manga or two before you decide to dive in, you can. :p

I'll read your loli picks, and Niceguy's android loli SoL crap.

So I'm in. And let me pick some, I got some real good picks :troll:

We are not sure about how we are going to do user picks yet. This is all early stages right now so don't keep your hopes up ;)

Ya still gotta survive a manga'thon first! >8)

I'd love to see those picks you're talking about even if we tried really hard to get them ecc... uhh.. I mean, there's a great variety of very unoffensive genres in the current schedule. *cough*

Ya still gotta survive a manga'thon first! >8)

I'd love to see those picks you're talking about even if we tried really hard to get them ecc... uhh.. I mean, there's a great variety of very unoffensive genres in the current schedule. *cough*

"Unoffensive"? Slice of Life Android is not unoffensive. But I assure you, I can make picks for minors (Yui) should they show up. And then have everybody else read the fappables.

It'll autoupdate every like what.. 12 of 24 hours? :D You're in the memberlist though. Confirmed!

Quick. suggest Beef Jam before it gets removed!

Checked if it was pg13. I need eyebleach

I was a bit worried someone would try to force me to read something long I have no interest in... but now I know that it's going to be a couple volumes or less for now, it makes this much easier. I love manga so I can stomach most things for a volume at least.... I'm looking forward to it.

Back