Daily Anime Marathon Club!

Gesalt (4/10)
That animation did not stand the test of time. The dark elf boobage wasn't enough to make this likeable, either. But what really hindered this anime was...
There was no resolution to anything. Who was that God guy? What game is being played and how many other players are there? What is on G island that is so bad? Will they ever get there? I have questions that aren't answered and it frustrates me!

Also, Gesalt Review

Last edited:
For some reason the manga ran for 8 years. I'm sure that has some answers and the extremely slow production of that (1 volume per year, eeeh) probably had a hand in the show's resolution. Also .. uh... josei romance? What?

That cover though :megusta:

Kowarekake no Orgel (6.5) + Special (5/10)

I enjoyed the main series more than I expected, though the special was specially meh (Pun intended)

I watched Gestalt. While it lacked in resolution, I still enjoyed it for what it was. It also helped that there were plenty of pretty bishounen, too! I give it a 6.5/10

Marathon #2 - Show #23
Death Billiards
(By ChalamiuS)

The gloves are off! ChalamiuS has gone for something that's supposed to be good for a change. This is the original Anime Mirai OVA which can be considered episode 0 for the Death Parade series. Personally planning to watch the series afterwards and since it's popular, make sure to use them spoiler tags for this one properly (it's apparently relatively spoiler-sensitive).

Groupwatch like usual in an hour and everyone's keeping up great so far. Of course, there are going to be some warnings forthe following people: lindapearl, thor123, Bestanimeserie and Taekwondoin. You all have 24 hours to finish Munto. And since Munto 2: Beyond the Walls of Time is its direct sequel, I strongly suggest to watch them both while you're at it.

This is relatively popular, so I hope we didn't burden too many people with rewatches :sweat:

Death Billards 8/10
Best thing I've seen so far, ahh it made me so sad but it was so good. I've been interested in the series for a while, it definitely encouraged me to watch the series.

But yeah it was good, really good

Death Billiards

6.5/10

I'm not too sure if I like it. It was marked as a 7, so I'll keep it there, but on the low end. For some reason the exposition was a bit too much.
Those flashbacks, while being a nice touch, could have been worked out further and given us some more tidbits. There was a lot of missed potential here.

Now on to watch the series.

Death Billiards - 8/10

Great anime mirai film, looked good. Brings quite a few things into question.

Last edited:
Catch-up & rewatch time!

Munto - score: 5/10
Dated animation but the action was nice, story didn't explain much. Apearently there is a tv show of munto as well so might watch it after part 2, for now though not that strong of a movie

Pale Cocoon Rewatch - Score: 6/10
One of the first rewatches here, pale cocoon was quite nice I liked the dark atmosphere of the show and that hasn't changed nice entry

Death Billiards Rewatch - Score: 7.5/10
How I loved this ova (and the series too!) the OVA is great, fancy visuals and a nice short story lovely to rewatch also.

Catch-up & rewatch time!

Munto - score: 5/10
Dated animation but the action was nice, story didn't explain much. Apearently there is a tv show of munto as well so might watch it after part 2, for now though not that strong of a movie

Better alternative is to just watch the movie (after the ovas of course) instead. The series is basically a recap of the first two OVAs + movie

Added all the ratings! Thanks :D

Better alternative is to just watch the movie instead. The series is basically a recap of the first two OVAs + movie

Added all the ratings! Thanks :D

Ah I see bummer, I would have loved more story on it as if they would explain it better it might be a nicer watch, onto munto 2 it is then

No problem! I am hoping to make/add some reviews/reccomendations soon!

Doing a rewatch might be easier than doing two recs. But I'll do this on the day it's due.

Death Billiards

6.5/10

I swear, Niceguy sometimes has the shittiest taste in stuff. What we like, he somewhat dislikes. What he likes, we violently hate.

Death Billiards 8/10
Interesting concept, and I can see why this became a full TV series. I liked the characters and how they gave just enough backstory to keep the players interesting. I really want to know more about the bar staff though, so Death Parade is going on my to-watch list.

Recs (2 way)
Death Billiards <-> Jigoku Shoujo
Death Billiards <-> Ayakashi Classic Japanese Horror
Death Billiards <-> Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek
Wasurenogumo <-> Pet Shop of Horrors (took me a bit, but I finally remembered one that was similar)

Last edited:
Munto

I enjoyed watching this. The story was a little boring but I like the fantasy/magic involved. The action was also good.

Score: 3/5

I swear, Niceguy sometimes has the shittiest taste in stuff. What we like, he somewhat dislikes. What he likes, we violently hate.

It's a well known problem :troll:

Main thing is that my rating are purely based on enjoyment (reviews are a bit more elaborate) at the time of watching. Had a bad day yesterday and the thing was a rewatch, so my opinion of the show must somehow have been influenced. Further evidenced by not having yet watched a single episode of the series (and likely won't finish before the next show's announced due to uni work).

Either way, I stuck the the rating I gave it when I first watched it, although I am considering to up it by two decimal points. :hamster:

Back