Daily Anime Marathon Club!

Andersen Douwa - Ningyo Hime - Score: 5.5/10

Apart from very dated animation, well it was 1975 after all.. the style itself was quite nice also some bewbs. Nice enough to watch though

Marathon #2 - Show #21
Munto 2: Beyond the Walls of Time
(By XMrNiceguyX)

For those who joined us last marathon or checked what stuff to expect from the lists in the second post in this thread, should have seen this one coming from miles away. Indeed, Munto 2 is also within the 75minutes time limit and a direct sequel to Munto 1 we watched the day before yesterday. So it's up today! For what it's worth, this one has a higher average rating, which could be a good thing.

Seeing that this is the first time we're getting a directly related sequel, there is one rule from the main post I would like to dig up again:
If you watched a series and its sequel(s) BEFORE the start of the whole marathon in full, you only need to rewatch/ review/ recommend the first and you'll get an optional free pass for the others. Side and alternate stories do not follow this rule.
People who apply for this free pass are chiii and hamletsmage (Correct me if I'm wrong). You are of course very welcome to do any of the regular options too. Either case, make sure to mention your choice as soon as possible. If you go for the free pass option within the hour, you might even beat AngelBeatsYui this time around (make sure to give us your rating though). :troll:

Two people have fallen on the highest rated marathon eligible short in the database, namely manga_or_manha and Yakoz92. In other news, there is now 24 hours to finish up on Andersen Douwa - Ningyo Hime. These are warnings for Nicknames, lindapearl, Thrawn and thor123. I know for a fact that Nicknames is desperately working on it in chat right now, however he might be inclined to switch to Munto instead *cough*

After all, groupwatch is an hour and a half and I strongly suggest you have watched Munto 1 before jumping straight into this one for obvious reasons.

HAVE FUN :balloon:

Last edited:
Yay for that ruling! I might still do the group watch since its been a few years. Depends on how this board agame turns out.

Ah yeah, speaking of the groupwatch, we're moving that to half an hour later. So in about 90 minutes from now. Just to give people who would be interested in joining a little bit more time to bumrush Munto 1 :)

Andersen Douwa - Ningyo Hime

I thought I wouldn't like it but it turns out I enjoyed this. The ending was kind of predictable though.

Score: 3.5/5

Munto 25/10
Didn't enjoy it as much as the first so yeah 5/10

(Nether were that great but oh well)

Last edited:
Munto 2 - 5/10

Better than the first, but no shiny trousers >:(
Very nice to look at of course, and not so much exposition but it was still rather nonsensical.

Munto 2: Beyond the Walls of Time

7.3/10

This was suprisingly a lot better than OVA1. The action was more interesting, exposition was less there and up our face. And my god that trio of girls is just great.

Gus, the destroyer of worlds was uber badass and shit.

As a reminder, I'd really appreciate if folks could add decent-length reviews for the anime they watch! As the mods are going through and setting the vast majority of all reviews to 'people who visit my profile' (due to them being a paragraph long), we're realizing just how few reviews we actually have on the site.

As you watch these, it would be fantastic if you could add a review of what you thought, as well as recs if possible :)

Munto 2 -> 7/10

This was definitely a lot better than the first OVA. It still had a good bunch of expositions and flashback but at least ti was more enjoyable than the first one

As a reminder, I'd really appreciate if folks could add decent-length reviews for the anime they watch! As the mods are going through and setting the vast majority of all reviews to 'people who visit my profile' (due to them being a paragraph long), we're realizing just how few reviews we actually have on the site.

As you watch these, it would be fantastic if you could add a review of what you thought, as well as recs if possible :)

So far we've recorded 18 reviews and about 32 two-way recommendations (and about like 20ish extra unlogged one-way recs). This is about 2/3rd into this marathon.

I must admit though that the current number of reviews / recs is far lower for the number of extra members we have. Last time we ended up on 32 reviews and 58 two-way recs (don't think there were many if any one way recs) with about 7 fewer members.

Three shows are especially lacking recs: Mujaki no Rakuen, Garakowa and Kowarekake no Orgel. More recs are definitely welcome there.

Last edited:
Back