Daily Anime Marathon Club!

Ningyo Hime - 2.5/5
For its time period, the animation is decent, but I felt it didn't hold up well with time (unlike, say, Lupin III Castle of Cagliostro)
The dub I watched completely overwhelmed her song with the background, and really the dub wasn't that great.
As for the characters, meh.

Hotarubi no Mori e - 6.5/10

A nice movie, would have loved to have some more content/backstory but nice to watch! Also this got me the Brainiac Badge woot!

It's a Nokia Lumia but I normally talk on it in that chat, I don't know what's gone wrong. Maybe my phone is just getting old XD

I'm nearly finished anyway so I'll probably not go on it, sorry about that

Totally knew you had a Nokia. We even chatted about what kind of ghetto phone you had.

Totally knew you had a Nokia. We even chatted about what kind of ghetto phone you had.

It's a good phone overall it just has problems with some sites and tonight it was the chat. I'll try and join in again tomorrow though

Groupwatch will start at pretty much exactly 15 minutes past the hour (so in about 35 minutes from now)

It's a good phone overall it just has problems with some sites and tonight it was the chat. I'll try and join in again tomorrow though

It's probably more durable than a brick in this day and age.

Next thing you know, you watch it before all of us and leave before the group watch starts, like you did last time :flip:

Pale Cocoon

7.5/10

Mad props to the insert song. And art and animation were gorgeous. Just a shame it is a bit on the short side all things considered.
Extra props for actually re-surprising me with the reveal at the end. Not bad for a rewatch. This is Cyberpunk-y stuff I can get behind

Pale Cocoon - 7/10

I loved the art style and a lot of the shots in here, but I was sort of expecting more considering what I had heard of it. Still it was pretty good although I am going to re-watch maybe the last 10 mins of it (or maybe all of it) as I sort of missed bits due to sillyness.

Hotarubi no Mori e (rewatch)

Just as good as I remembered it to be, probably even better. The soundtrack seemed to stand out more to me this time too, and when you know what happens, it feels more on the sweet side of bitter sweet than it did originally. Anyway, a strong 3.5/5 from me.

Kowarekake no Orgel
Main was a rewatch (3.5/5)
If you want to make me care about a character's demise, I need more time than 30 minutes to actually like them firt. And that guy was just mope-tastic
Special was new for me.(2.5/5)
ALL THE VEGGIES!

Kowarekake no Orgel
Main was a rewatch (3.5/5)
If you want to make me care about a character's demise, I need more time than 30 minutes to actually like them firt. And that guy was just mope-tastic
I suppose that's going to be a repeating issue. Some shorter ones do it fine though. Hoturabi did a decent enough job at it in only like 10 minutes more. I guess 10 minutes make a difference. We would have thought :sweat:

Kowarekake no Orgel
Special was new for me.(2.5/5)
ALL THE VEGGIES!

Hah. That special was actually rather fun. Could just have been inserted in the main show somewhere and it might have worked

I suppose that's going to be a repeating issue. Some shorter ones do it fine though. Hoturabi did a decent enough job at it in only like 10 minutes more. I guess 10 minutes make a difference. We would have thought :sweat:

Well with Gin, his death is completely accidental. And his character build up is gradual and he's shown as a likeable love interest. Where as Flower spends the better part of 4 minutes just repeating "we had fun" on different days, and is obviously not a love interest. At best, she's a replacement for his dead sister, which is a little weird. Or maybe I just don't get attached to android loli's as much as I do cursed youkai-boys?

Also, Pale Cocoon 3.5/5
Decent animation, I liked the noir feel.
Ah, the famous trope of
It was BLANK all along. You thought you were on Earth? Haha, you were on the moon! How did you not know this?
And with that, I should be all caught up! Yay!

Well with Gin, his death is completely accidental. And his character build up is gradual and he's shown as a likeable love interest. Where as Flower spends the better part of 4 minutes just repeating "we had fun" on different days, and is obviously not a love interest. At best, she's a replacement for his dead sister, which is a little weird. Or maybe I just don't get attached to android loli's as much as I do cursed youkai-boys?
I have a feeling the overdose of android SOL might have been the cause for that :troll: We will take all the blame, happily!

Also, Pale Cocoon 3.5/5
Decent animation, I liked the noir feel.
Ah, the famous trope of
It was BLANK all along. You thought you were on Earth? Haha, you were on the moon! How did you not know this?
And with that, I should be all caught up! Yay!

All noted! :drinking:

If only some other people would just binge watch everything up to this point so my hands can stop getting sweaty around the time of announcement :sweat:

finished Kowarekake no Orgel - 6/10 because boring sol for the most part with some decent moments inbetween

the special gets a 5/10, so 5.5/10 total

Back