Daily Anime Marathon Club!

Urgh my computer decided to mess with me XD So I'll probably finish this one 10 minutes later than I expected T^T

Loving your enthusiasm! :happy:

It's partly a race after all (the clue is in the word "marathon") ;)

First Squad: The Moment Of Truth

It was a bit confusing especially the beginning and boring but it was still alright.

Score: 2.5

I found it weird and just seemed off, butI still enjoyed it so 6/10

Last edited:
Zetsumetsu Kigu Shoujo 6/10

I felt this would have done better as a series.
Like, when they thought Lilianne was dead, I felt that would have had more impact if I had more of a connection to Lilianne via a few more episodes

Rec:
Zetsumetsu Kigu Shoujo<->Akira
Zetsumestu Kigu Shoujo <-> Little Witch Academia

Cheat Spoiler for TACO
Reviews
Wasurenagumo
Plastic Nee-san

Recs
Kakurenbo <-> Yamishibai (2-way)
Plastic Nee-san <-> Ai Mai Mii (2 way)
Zetsumetsu Kigu Shoujo <-> Akira (2 way)
Zetsmetsu Kigu Shoujo <-> Little Witch Academia (2 way)

Last edited:
Wasurengumegami - 8/10

Dat final act before the epilogue, was glorious and smooth as silk. Subtle, yet awesome as fuck. Beginning was spiffy and the middle, spiffy. Epilogue, controversial but shit was brilliant.
Despair hit its peak when he saw that his High School Gal Pal vanished, her falling into the water in silence and you can see it in his eyes that he completely gave up. That soul crushing instance, that moment where you give up and give into the despair, that is tops..

And his buddy is probably in on it with the apparent slime creature he has in the back, who is probably a hot babe.

First Squad

Comrades! Let's all give this a 6/10

Kidding aside, this show had some merits, but brought down by being dragged out, weak and uninteresting characters and underwhelming art, animation and music.

What was funny was the unintentionally hilarious LOTR parallels. That old guy was gandalf to the frigging letter :troll:

PS: 5.3/10

(Music video, Russian Rap. literal 1.0/10 )

Yeah this was dull. Clunky animation, a lot of exposition dumps, uninteresting characters and an overall silly plot line. As NiceGuy said, it did have some brilliantly unintentional parallels with LOTR though.

Overall I'm giving this a 2/5

Next pick better be a good one guys.

I dodged a bullet of truth there by skipping out for burritos. But now I have to watch it on my own :flip:

I watched First Squad: The Moment of Truth. I liked it despite the fact that it can be a little confusing and is a bit exposition heavy at times. I give it 7.2/10.

I do think they tried to get as much squeezed into this one as they possibly could.

I remembered yesterday that I wanted to give bonus points for that trippy collercoaster scene, since that was actually one of most well done narrative exposition parts in the whole movie.

Unfortunately, the thing that can be seen as counterweigh is the complete lack of superpower usage of the main character. In the first few scenes, she could predict the future. Where did that superpower go for the rest of the movie? Could have been much more interesting if that ability was developed and used.

The movie lacked some sort of closure, but that wasn't neccesarily a bad thing. Cya in 700 years I guess :)

Last edited:
Zetsumetsu Kigu Shoujo - 7/10

While it was enjoyable, I agree with everybody else that it'd have been better if it was a TV Series (maybe a 1-cour show)

Zetsumetsu Kigu Shoujo - 7/10

While it was enjoyable, I agree with everybody else that it'd have been better if it was a TV Series (maybe a 1-cour show)

I can see this show working as a 1-cour series. It felt like it had too much for a 2 episode OVA.

Marathon #2 - Show #6
Nichijou
(By SpanglishJC)

Some more SoL for today. This is the Prequel OVA to the actual series. Feel free to also watch the series at your own leisure (if you haven't already). ;) Let's hope this one is more wellreceived than the last few picks or you might make SpanglishJC cry. :sweat:

With this announcement we also enter the last 24 hours to finish up on Kakurenbo. This applies to two people right now, so consider the warning flags raised! In other news, manga_or_manha has internet again and is fully caught up in the meanwhile. Furthermore, everyone who signed up has watched the first show.

As mentioned yesterday, todays groupwatch will be not in one, but two hours (approximately 23:00 GMT), due to Sundays also being used for the DTAB events.

Cya there or if not: have fun watching this one on your own! :happy:

I'll probably watch this one alone guys as I have a 6am start tomorrow. Enjoy the group watch though.

Nichijou

Definitely enjoyed this one. The first sketch was good, but I did feel that it was a bit too long, but then the others were great and had me smiling all the way through. It also has a genuine feel of whimsy which is pretty rare in anime. I could see this leading onto a series watch in the future.

3.5/5

Back