Unpopular Anime Opinions

Vampire Knight is considered good? Colour me surprised then.

Hey now, HEY! I was admitting to my lesser-known dubious tastes in light of my burning hatred of other widely-enjoyed productions.

Be gentle with me. I'm a fragile sap. ;_;

Cause hating a female character automatically makes me some Reddit dwelling, Men's Rights guy...

That entire sentence was self-fulfilling poetry, rr.

BB has a salient point, but I'll take a wild whack at the pinata and say that you're not open to actually examining your own behaviour, just defending it without quarter. Eh.

*sucesskid.jpg*

And don't get me started on One Piece, One Punch Man,
Fullmetal Alchemist caught my attention and I decided to binge watch 5 episodes, payed attention to ep 6 and dropped , one punch man ugh it was funny from ep 1-3 then it became shit but I like Genos's character concept and how he's named after a steakshop., K was also TRASH. Fate/zero almost bored me to death and Id be better off dead then alive watching that anime

Hahaha Tentou-mod Mode: Engage.

Indeed. Randomredneck kind of has the monopoly on being the forum... 'that guy'... around here. No pushing or shoving.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Back on topic. I also belatedly remembered that I kind of didn't think that Durarara!! was all that great, to be honest. It was trying to be all snappy and chic and it just ended up boring me. Some characters were great, but ehhhh... not enough.

Back on topic. I also belatedly remembered that I kind of didn't think that Durarara!! was all that great, to be honest. It was trying to be all snappy and chic and it just ended up boring me. Some characters were great, but ehhhh... not enough.
I actually think this about all of the sequels. I really loved the first season but afterwards it lost its charm on me. I haven't even started the most recent season because... ehh.

Sigh, Here we go...

Hellsing Ultimate had pacing issues in the beginning and the ending was needlessly rushed. There's an eventful ending and skipping over part of the plot to fit within schedule. While I enjoyed the final villain the final episode was pretty weak in my modest opinion.

Gangsta was pretty weak after episode 8 or so lot's of things felt unimpactful and the fact that it has no ending just makes it completely not worth watching as is in my opinion

Seraph of the End has to have one of the worst starting arcs ever. While it got better it's horrible start is one of the things I would love to have had rewritten. The whole Yaoi thing going on is just awkward in some scenes to the point of being comedic even in Yuri anime they don't force sexual tension in scenes that are meant to be dark and serious... but seraph doesn't care... it reminds me of netrorare hentai-doujins to be honest, which is hilarious since I hate those with a passion.

This is a thread of opinion can't take ones opinion gtfo the kitchen

Opinions are fine, I will gladly hear an argument about how nami is not a great charachter. Just as long as as actually an argument and not just calling her names
As brain blow pointed out, all those words he used to describe Nami, without reason, just weaken rednecks argument, and comes off as mysognisitic, not critical. Not sure when she became a whore when she has never shown sexual interest in anyone. And even if she was, you still need to make an argument as to why being one weakens her character.

Redneck fails to make arguments, he makes flaimbait. And gets made when he gets called out on it.

Same thing happend with his comment on Myazaki. His argument is weak, comes off as trolling, and if isnt doing that, then he still comes of as a dismissive, hateful person. Not exactly quality traits.

We are here to discuss, not circle jerk, bring quality arguments.

For my Unpopular Opinion

G Gundam Fighter
I can not figure out why people like this gundam show. It goes to absurd shonen levels, but not going far enough to be a parody, just far enough that it should be parodied. Oh look at me I traine din the mountains and now for no unexplained reason can throw a fire punch (the concept of which was never part of the universe that was laid out) and then magicly my gundam can throw a fire punch with no mechanical alterations. In all other gundam shows (except ZZ) the op powers like newtype green light is shown to be a part of the universe, Here... uhg

The only thing I liked about the show was the novel way they controlled the gundams. Everything else was just the worst part of shonen without any self awareness to make it a joke. You just sit there watching it trying to figure out if it is supposed to be, but with no clues telling you it is.

For some reason, the vast majority of people who watched it, loved it, or at least enjoyed it to have fond memories of it.

Wait, you really think nami goes around trying to find dicks to stick into her? What part of the show brought you to this conclusion?

Edit: aww he deleted his post, now it looks like I double posted. D:

Negative stereotypes? My favourite thing ever.

Titan was referencing the expression, "Can't stand the heat (opinions) get out of the kitchen (opinion thread)." Absolutely nothing to do with stereotypes.

UAO: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) is kind of boring to sit through, which is disappointing because I am enjoying the manga. I was expecting a bit more high energy cheese, but to me it was only mild cheddar not sharp. Except for Dio, that man is a glorious cocknozzle

unpopular opinion: There's nothing inherently wrong with rape in anime, imho it becomes bad only when it's done horribly in no constructive way whatsoever.

Yes, I think rape can be used constructively. See: Guts.

Opinion: Original Naruto is a good show. Terribly flawed, but still real good. Way better than most shit that gets put out every season.

And the soundtrack is superb, though that is not an unpopular opinion.

Titan was referencing the expression, "Can't stand the heat (opinions) get out of the kitchen (opinion thread)." Absolutely nothing to do with stereotypes.

And Gen was referencing the stereotypical insults people level at females that RR used.

UAO: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) is kind of boring to sit through, which is disappointing because I am enjoying the manga. I was expecting a bit more high energy cheese, but to me it was only mild cheddar not sharp. Except for Dio, that man is a glorious cocknozzle
Eh, part 1 and 2 are the weakest parts of the manga, and the show actually improves on them for me. Part 8 a best, it's truly the most bizarre.

Gintama
Yes, I watched it to episode 20-something and still didn't like it enough to watch on. I liked the crude humour when the Shinsengumi are on screen but really started to hate the girl with the big cat after a while and got soon bored by Gintoki's or glasses-guy's antics. I also watched the movie Shinyaku Benizakura-hen, and that one was genuinely unfunny and bad.

Back