Unpopular Anime Opinions

Your lie was April was boring and the characters we're ass backwards, what is the hype with Attack on Titan? The only thing good was the OP., the characters we're ok, story line was trash and let's throw that sadness in the begging to draw people in... Nope didn't work

Based on what I've read of Your Lie in April's manga (about half) I can say with full confidence that I'm glad I never gave the anime a chance. Dialogue-wise it's full of annoyingly flowery nonsense monologues, and I can easily see the physical comedy being many times more annoying on screen.

Your lie was April was boring and the characters we're ass backwards, what is the hype with Attack on Titan? The only thing good was the OP., the characters we're ok, story line was trash and let's throw that sadness in the begging to draw people in... Nope didn't work

While I didn't think Your Lie Was April as outright terrible, I do have to agree that the story ended up dragging it's heels for way too long and really diminished too much of the impact it could have had in the end, had it been better paced out.

Based on what I've read of Your Lie in April's manga (about half) I can say with full confidence that I'm glad I never gave the anime a chance. Dialogue-wise it's full of annoyingly flowery nonsense monologues, and I can easily see the physical comedy being many times more annoying on screen.
I don't understand how abuse is funny. Not to mention that blonde horrible thing loved to force the poor guy into everything. Yeah, no thanks.

Attack on Titan

Liked it as it was airing, but it really just doesn't stand up in hindsight at all. As soon as you get past the mystery element, and the "anyone could die at any time" kind of atmosphere, you realise that the mystery is pretty shallow, and no one of any importance will have anything bad happen to them, certainly nothing that carries through the rest of the show. Essentially it's pretty action scenes and some admittedly well placed gore.

One Punch Man

A 1:1 adaption of a great manga doesn't necessarily make the anime great. The problem here is that the manga always felt like a parody, but the anime bought into the shounen stereotypes they were supposed to be taking the mick out of too much, and it ends up becoming what it's supposed to parody. A case in point is the
Boros fight
where the animation get's it's biggest budget and it's played out almost entirely straight. I feel like some of the iconic panels in the manga could almost have been lifted to be in the show and it would have had a better impact than how Madhouse changed them.

Oh thank fuck. I'm stuck in ep 14 of Your Lie in April. If I see one more person burst into snotty floods of tears after a repetitive, flowery internal monologue where they come to the same conclusions each time, I'm going to throw a fucking piano at someone.

It's not just me. Phew.

Clannad.

Seriously. Three times. I've tried three times to grind my way through it. Three times I've failed. It is JUST. SO. BORING.

I love drama, I love slow-paced stories that weave your head and your heart into some giant emotional wicker laundry basket. Romance, loss, grief, mental illness, school life, and the complexities of dysfunctional family units. I adore stories about them all.

Clannad couldn't coax a tear from my eyeballs with a water cannon of chopped onions and mace.

Fin.
I think it's actually Afterstory more than the original that's supposed to be all TISSUE-BOX EMOTIONS, but like you, for me, it really wasn't all that.

Fate Zero

There's no good reason not to pull the trigger in a death match you incompetent dummies.

I can't even remember why, but I though Rider's speeches were horrible and found the character to be underwhelming as well.

Also I don't like Fate Zero

Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou

Out of context clips were funny, but I couldn't muster myself to watch the whole episodes. They weren't bad, but I found myself wanting to do something else every time I watched.

Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou

Out of context clips were funny, but I couldn't muster myself to watch the whole episodes. They weren't bad, but I found myself wanting to do something else every time I watched.
YES! This was the hardest anime I had ever the displeasure to sit through. I had Nicknames cheering me up through the last 6 episodes otherwise I swear I'd lose it of how unfanny it was. Many know just how much I can't stand Azumanga.

For that reason I never even looked at Nichijou.

Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou are barely similar other than a few skits.

Nami never becomes badass. I don't care about her stupid magic weather stick, she's still a useless bitch. A crew of badasses, and their navigator is some useless, one-note, ugly asshole. And that's my opinion.

I like how much you obsess about her looks for some reason.
And in the end, this all originated with "she fell ill, therefore she cannot be a good or important character."
All the misogynistic language only seemed to start spewing forth after being butthurt about people pointing out the fact that she is undeniably vital in the setting, and that "can't shrug off deadly disease" is a ludicrous argument for a character being a bad character.

Oh man, there are so many! I dropped Azumanga Daioh, struggled with the first Minami-ke series every step of the way... and then dropped the next two and tagged the rest as 'won't watch' on my list, which I hate doing.

Then again, I absolutely adore other shit that seems to go through people's heads, like Fushigi Yugi (ALL OF THEM), Inu X Boku SS and all of Vampire Knight. Hell, I even found Aishiteruze Baby adequately tolerable... I'd apologise, but I wouldn't really mean it.

I like how much you obsess about her looks for some reason.
And in the end, this all originated with "she fell ill, therefore she cannot be a good or important character."
Please. I hated her from the word 'Go'. The sick part just helped exacerbate it.

Back