TACO: The Anime-Planet Contributors Organization

Tents

Welcome!

It is time for the super important Anime Planet improving TACO: The Anime-Planet Contributors Organization!

You are very welcome to join in on the fun of bettering our beloved Anime-Planet by competing against each other over who can contribute the most! Just post all your contributions here in this thread and you will be included in our very special list and be awarded TACO points for all your hard work!

Current points list:

Updated list can be found here.

How to claim contributions:

When you participate around the site, you can be awarded TACO points! Members are given points based on the number of Recommendations, Reviews, Donations, and Custom lists . Just post your contributions down below.

Contributions we accept and points awarded:

- [5 Points] For each recommendation for the site. If you recommend a one way recs (Naruto to Bleach or Naruto ---> Bleach), that's 5 points; however if you recommend both ways (Naruto to Bleach and Bleach to Naruto or Naruto <---> Bleach) the award is 10 points.

- [10 Points] Double your points by submitting recs for current season anime! Be sure to tell me that the recs are for airing shows. (One way recs: 10 pts; Two way recs: 20pts)

- [10 Points] For each custom list you make.

Rules for custom lists
:
  • Custom lists must be created with the community in mind to qualify for TACO, including a specific, descriptive title with key words "anime" or "manga" in it (such as "Best Sci Fi Anime of 2015", "Worst Anime to Show Your Parents", etc).
  • The custom list must have a description (tell us what the list is about).
  • Each anime/manga entry on the list needs at least one sentence to describe why it's on the list.

- [10 Points] Short User Review for Anime/Manga

- [25 Points] Long User Reviews for Anime/Manga.

Rules for User Reviews
!
  • Add a user review for any manga or anime.
  • Like with any user review, you need to be FINISHED with the series (and/or have seen it in the first place, haha); IE, if you've dropped it and are totally done a review is good then. if you're permanently stalled for awhile that's ok. fully watched/read is ok. reviews for currently airing are fine too assuming a decent amount is out and/or you finish it off later if needed once you're done.
- [50 Points/US Dollar] Donations made to Anime-Planet.

Clubs/Games
- [75 Points] for participating in the club event for:

Monthly Marathon (MM)
Find Your Anime Buddy (FYAB)
Anime Lottery Game (ALG)

- [50 Points] for participating in the club event for:

Daily Anime Marathon Club (DAMC)
Daily Manga Marathon Club (DMMC)
DAMN, That Anime is Bad (DTAB)

Rules for Bonus Points!
  • clearly label your contributions as a club event (MM, FYAB, DTAB, etc. Do this in the post in TACO thread not in your review/rec)
  • you need to make at least 5 recommendations or write a reasonable length (several paragraphs) review (choose whichever you prefer) for the series that are a part of the event at that time.
  • reviews/recommendations must be made within 3 days of the end of the event
  • you must be at least somewhat active/present during the club events
  • provide a link to the event/thread to confirm eligibility
  • BUT if you didn't participate in the event (because you had already seen the titles, etc), if you hadn't made recommendations already for that series you can add them in the same time frame to get the points. *note: if you delete and re-add recommendations you'll be disqualified and Sothis wont be happy ;)
  • as always, please only make recommendations for SOLID pairings. Don't add bad recs just because you want the points, as that wastes valuable time (for Sothis, who has to struggle with deciding to flag something or not)
Want to spend your TACO points? Here's how!
Don’t forget! You can choose only ONE person to spend your hard-earned TACO points on so choose wisely. All you have to do is check what the user of your choice has agreed to do for your points below in this post, request what you want the user of your choice to do in the thread and enjoy the fruit of your labor! You can use @typeinusername function or message the user directly to draw their attention to the TACO thread.

Use the thread for arrangements and letting us in on the progress. We are a curious bunch.

Special disclaimer from our best lad Thrawn:
Thrawn said:
I'll watch a show and review it, the shittier it is, the more swear words I'll use. Counts for TV shows (But if it's 52 episodes or some shit then it'll take a while), OVAs, Movies and the like.
I'll also read a manga and review it, but the swear content would more so depend on how manly it is, like Chaosic Rune, which is the most manly ass card game ever. Since my quality radar for manga is junk. Unless it's Bleach, because that is easy to tell.

So use the opportunity to overwork him to the fullest!

How to spend your points!
[250 Points]

You may choose a theme for the Monthly Marathon Club and it will be done for the next available event.

Recieve a one-time extra suggestion for the DAMC or DMMC. Increases chances of one (or more) of your shows being picked. Can be bought more than once per marathon.

casandra29 and Thrawn will watch an episode of any anime show you want:

[500 Points]

chii, casandra29, thor123, Taekwondoin, hamletsmage, Bestanimeserie, Nicknames, AngelBeatsYui, Sianeka, Thrawn and Tentoumushi will watch any stand-alone film or OVA (1-4 ep) of your choise:

chii, Sianeka and Thrawn will read any One Shot manga of your choosing and then write a user review for it

Dictate XMrNiceguyX's next personal marathon-project (no rewatches). Anything goes, as long as the anime is on AP and doable within reason. You can pick franchise, tag or even studio, but other original ideas are gladly accepted. I personally decide the time I'll allocate to it depending on size of the project suggested.

[750 Points]

Funkgun will watch 6-7 episode OVA of your choice

Taekwondoin, Bestanimeserie, Tentoumushi, Nicknames, AngelBeatsYui and Thrawn will watch a short series of your choice

thor123, casandra29, Thrawn: Manga (vol. 1-5)

[1000 Points]

Make chii, casandra29, Funkgun, hamletsmage, Bestanimeserie, Nicknames, Tentoumushi, Thrawn and Sianeka watch 11-13 episodes long complete series + write an user review

AngelBeatsYui will watch any Ecchi or Horror up to 13 eps + user review

Hamletsmage will personally make a recommendation for any show of your choice. The longer the show, the more time I will take, though.

[1500 Points]
casandra29 and Thrawn will read any manga (vol. 5-10) of your choice

[2000 Points]

Force casandra29, Funkgun, thor123, Nicknames, AngelBeatsYui, Sianeka and Thrawn to watch 24-26 eps + write an user review.

[2500 Points]

casandra29 and thor123 will power through any manga (vol. 10-20) of your choosing.

AngelBeatsYui will read any Ecchi or Horror manga of any length (within reason).

[3500 Points]

thor123 will gladly read any manga (20+ vol.) of your choosing.

[5000 Points]

Funkgun and Sianeka will watch a long anime title (26+ but under 100 eps).

Taekwondoin will sacrifice his eyeballs and watch Mujaki no Rakuen.

Force hamletsmage, Bestanimeserie, Thrawn and Tentoumushi watch anything with a site rating less than 2.0 + user review.

Nicknames and Tentoumushi will add whatever to their signature for a month.
Nicknames said:
Disclaimer

- It MUST follow A-P rules
- In case it's an image, it must be shorter than 600x250. If it's bigger it'll be spoiler tagged
- I reserve the right to refuse it and ask for anything else to be added. Said right will only be used when justified.
[8000 Points]

Be mean and make GrendelSilmarillion and Tentoumushi marathon a show in one day. For extra 500pts make it ecchi! (26 episode limit)

[10000 Points]

Be super extra mean and make GrendelSilmarillion marathon series from his won’t watch list in one day!

[15000 Points]

GrendelSilmarillion will watch DB series for you. In one day. Yes.​

Prize Banners:

wwLzyMA.png

1B81nDU.png

NBUv63I.png

1JOulxK.png

Grab a Banner~

inyo9rR.png

YxutUDb.png

If you have any questions feel free to ask in this thread or contact me directly via conversations function.

My rec total should be updated to 1,068 and my reviews to 60 :happy: Been a while since I added stuff to this thread! will update regularly again after this now that this is rebooted!

weird request but could you please change my name to chii instead of Chii on the sheet? ...tis a pet-peeve of mine that people don't use the lowercase c.... >.>

The addition of Lists really encourages me to finally fill out all my reasons!! :smile:

Can't wait to see what others will come up with for prizes! I gots all dem points that I've never used! >:D

I will fight the injustice of misspelling your username!

PS: I will update as soon as I have time. :)

Last edited:
Minor typo over here:
- [5 Points] For each cutsom list you make

I'd like to be part of this one as well if possible :)

My current "portfolio":
- 459 anime recs + 2 recs for current season (made a two-way rec for Hacka Doll last season, the rest is all old-ish).
- 4 anime reviews (here)
- 2 custom lists (here and here - inform me if these satisfy the requirements for TACO points or what would be a desired update)

Yoroshiku!

Minor typo over here:

I'd like to be part of this one as well if possible :)

My current "portfolio":
- 459 anime recs + 2 recs for current season (made a two-way rec for Hacka Doll last season, the rest is all old-ish).
- 4 anime reviews (here)
- 2 custom lists (here and here - inform me if these satisfy the requirements for TACO points or what would be a desired update)

Yoroshiku!
Unfortunately I will not accept Hacka Doll recs as "current season" because right now only WINTER 2016 anime qualify for double points.

The first custom list is exactly what we are looking for but with second one I am on the fence because it has rankings only but no reason/explanation added. For now I won't add points for it but you can try to prove me wrong.

The rest is updated and hey, you are one step away from the bronze category! Keep up the good work.

Small update.
I'm up to 637 recommendations. I'll list the new ones if you'd like.

And custom lists count now.
I have this one that should qualify, I think.

All clear and updated! Great custom list. :drinking:

Hey, do you mind waiting a bit? I want to get in contact with DAMC and see if we can link the two places to get you extra TACO points for being active in Daily?

Are recs part of the club event, too?

Hey, do you mind waiting a bit? I want to get in contact with DAMC and see if we can link the two places to get you extra TACO points for being active in Daily?

Are recs part of the club event, too?

Take your time, you're just collaborating to give me more points :megusta:

Totally, reviews and recs for whatever crap we end up watching.

A little warm up before I flood you with contributions
though there aren't many atm.

Yuru Yuri Review and a list

I'll add the rest once we know whether we get extra points for DAMC-related stuff or not.

Hi, I hadn't updated my things in a while either: :sweat:

I currently have 68 reviews, 8 of which are too short to count imo (for one-shots and short anime), which leaves 60 (although I'm on the fence about this one). 9 of those were DAMC-reviews

I have a list with the lengths of my reviews if you're interested.

I also made 45 2-way recs, 11 of which were for the DAMC-stuff. (all my recs go both ways)

Don't think i have any lists that are useful for anyone yet

A little warm up before I flood you with contributions
though there aren't many atm.

Yuru Yuri Review and a list

I'll add the rest once we know whether we get extra points for DAMC-related stuff or not.
UPDATED!
Hi, I hadn't updated my things in a while either: :sweat:

I currently have 68 reviews, 8 of which are too short to count imo (for one-shots and short anime), which leaves 60 (although I'm on the fence about this one). 9 of those were DAMC-reviews

I have a list with the lengths of my reviews if you're interested.

I also made 45 2-way recs, 11 of which were for the DAMC-stuff. (all my recs go both ways)

Don't think i have any lists that are useful for anyone yet
You will have to be way more specific. I will need to check all reviews but you don't have to give a link to each just a link to your review page expect those 8 you are not sure about, link each review separately. Right now you theoretically have 51 review because 9 reviews via DAMC go under a different category.

Write down all Daily Marathon contributions as a separate entry and provide a link for each review/rec. I have to check them to keep everything fair.

Also please keep in mind that when we add DAMC rules and points, I will take into account only January 2016 run. All previous reviews/recs are not eligible and should be treated as regular contributions.

Made a new custom list containing canonical shows for the DAMC with explanations for each one.

While these were already in the previous batch in my l.ast post, they don't need to be added to the tally right now, but of all those recs I made, 19 were two-way recs for the DAMC. Did some digging and everyone who made recs during the DAMC (and who are also in the TACO) made two-way recs

Check here for my most recent recommendations. DAMC accepted recs from 2 Jan 2016 -> 6 Feb 2016.

• Imawa no Kuni no Alice <-> Btoom
  • Imawa no Kuni no Alice <-> Bus Gamer
  • Onee-chan ga Kita <-> Boku no Imouto wa "Oosaka Okan"
  • Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san <-> Sakura Trick
  • Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san <-> Yurikuma Arashi
  • Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san <-> Ninin ga Shinbuden
  • Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san <-> Yuru Yuri
  • Black Rock Shooter <-> Kuttsukiboshi
  • Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! <-> School Rumble
  • Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! <-> Azumanga Daioh
  • Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! <-> Sket Dance
  • Little Witch Academia <-> Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage: Mirai no Tomodachi
  • Super Kuma-san <-> Happiness Charge Pretty Cure! Movie: Ningyou no Kuni no Ballerina
  • Koe de Oshigoto! The Animation <-> Kyou no Asuka Show
  • Koe de Oshigoto! The Animation <-> Android Ana MAICO 2010
  • Koe de Oshigoto! The Animation <-> Hen Zemi
  • Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru: Futari no Elder <-> Maria-sama ga Miteru
  • Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru: Futari no Elder <-> Girl Friend BETA
  • Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru: Futari no Elder <-> Ladies Versus Butlers!

Last edited:
Made a new custom list containing canonical shows for the DAMC with explanations for each one.

While these were already in the previous batch in my l.ast post, they don't need to be added to the tally right now, but of all those recs I made, 19 were two-way recs for the DAMC. Did some digging and everyone who made recs during the DAMC (and who are also in the TACO) made two-way recs

Check here for my most recent recommendations. DAMC accepted recs from 2 Jan 2016 -> 6 Feb 2016.

• Imawa no Kuni no Alice <-> Btoom
  • Imawa no Kuni no Alice <-> Bus Gamer
  • Onee-chan ga Kita <-> Boku no Imouto wa "Oosaka Okan"
  • Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san <-> Sakura Trick
  • Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san <-> Yurikuma Arashi
  • Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san <-> Ninin ga Shinbuden
  • Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san <-> Yuru Yuri
  • Black Rock Shooter <-> Kuttsukiboshi
  • Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! <-> School Rumble
  • Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! <-> Azumanga Daioh
  • Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! <-> Sket Dance
  • Little Witch Academia <-> Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage: Mirai no Tomodachi
  • Super Kuma-san <-> Happiness Charge Pretty Cure! Movie: Ningyou no Kuni no Ballerina
  • Koe de Oshigoto! The Animation <-> Kyou no Asuka Show
  • Koe de Oshigoto! The Animation <-> Android Ana MAICO 2010
  • Koe de Oshigoto! The Animation <-> Hen Zemi
  • Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru: Futari no Elder <-> Maria-sama ga Miteru
  • Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru: Futari no Elder <-> Girl Friend BETA
  • Otome wa Boku ni Koishiteru: Futari no Elder <-> Ladies Versus Butlers!
Do you want me to recalculate your recs right now and then later when we get up Daily Marathon pts guide I will add these 19 two way aka 38 recs total with brand new point count?

This means at this time you have 423 recs and the rest will follow later.

EDIT: I added your custom list

Last edited:
Do you want me to recalculate your recs right now and then later when we get up Daily Marathon pts guide I will add these 19 two way aka 38 recs total with brand new point count?

This means at this time you have 423 recs and the rest will follow later.

Depending on how you're going to handle the DAMC recs in the sheet, it might be less chaotic to keep the number of recs on site equal to the one on the sheet and fill the 38 (or if you decide on a max number of recs, up to that number) in a separate column dedicated to DAMC recs?

Then you can just multiply the difference in TACO points between a regular rec and a DAMC rec (which to my knowledge might end up being 5 pts) with the number in said column (in this case 38.) This would end up being 5x38 = 190 bonus points on top of the regular 190 points normal recommendations give.

That way if I make recs in the meanwhile and decide to throw them in the thread to be updated (by submitting the total number of recs I have made, since I tend to bulk rec), it won't be necessary to recalculate the number of regular recs MINUS the number of damc recs every time (ie: can always look and cross reference the the number of recs on main site).

At least, that's how I imagine it'd be most efficient for yourself and requires least maintenance :drink:

Last edited:
Back