Danchigai

It's a 4 min cute, slice of life anime about an older brother and 4 sisters. There's the classic younger siblings who are hyperactive and can cause misunderstanding, the second youngest, who I feel, with the brother, has a complex going on (but gets angry and attacks the brother to hide/deny it), and the eldest of the 4 girls, the high schooler, who I think is the only one with their head on straight.

If you like the classic cheesy/generic guy with many sisters harem style comedy, this is for you. It's short so I'm guessing it was pulled from one of those manga strips. Don't expect much more than just a 4 min time killer out of this one.

At regular length, this would suck. At 4 minutes, it's adorable.

yup, both ep's watched quickly and were pretty cute. My impression of the brother changed from ep one to today's episode, he's an 8th grade syndromer.

the sister does have a tsundere complex going on for sure, which is kind of creepy but alright once they leave it as tame as it's been.

Ep 3.........

I'd say the relationships of these siblings are weirder than originally imagined. So much sexual themes, uncomfortable to watch.

Episode 4

Best episode so far! This was extremely heartwarming to watch, and those twins remind me of my similarly aged and adorable niece. I really wish these were longer or contained multiple parts. Want moar.

true, it was the first non sexualized episode. I like how the blue haired on repeats the last phrase of her sister's comments.

Yeah, I agree this is better when it focuses on the cute side, which are mainly the twins. It kinda feels like it was intended to be moe, but then the author couldn't think of a way to use the older siblings for the setting and decided to throw in some random fanservice to compensate for lack of ideas. The twins are the only characters with any thought put into them, so they outshine the other generic cast members. But we'll see if they improve any during its course.

E5

another cute episode focused on the twins. Shows a nice struggle of big families were interest and time has to be sacrificed for your siblings. I can't exactly say I liked how she treated her brother though, denied reading the book with him after he graciously allowed her to read it 1st and then ran off when the show they both liked came on despite him looking forward to watching it with her.

She doesn't seem to prioritize him at all even though they have things in common.

it was nice to see that she could break away from being her twin's shadow at times and move independently though.

also yeah, no sexual humor is a bonus.

Ep 6.............yup, have to resort to sexual themes when it comes to the older siblings...........blah

Last edited:
Episode 6

Incest references were unwelcome as expected, but at least there were a few funny scenes to laugh at. It seems next time we get a pool episode, so I'm hoping this provides an opportunity for the twins to get into some more shenanigans.

Episode 7

What a waste of water and 4 minutes of my life.

The childhood flashback was kinda cute...and gross. Chilling in a kiddie pool in your kitchen during not-summertime was so stupid, but at least they acknowledged it by having them all catch colds.

It would seem the twins are back in the spotlight next episode. YES. More twins please - I'm now watching this show completely for them.

^ It sure made for a great episode. I loved how legit this felt and reminded me of when I was really, really young and wondered if my mom was actually my parent. I think this is stuff we all go through once.

And again, this episode establishes how much better it is when the focus is on the twins.

Hell, these two should count their blessings. I wish I looked less like my brothers. And that I didn't share the older ones receding hairline.

Episode 9

The adorableness, it's too much!

Aaaaand the next episode will suck as the tradeoff.

Episodes 11, 12, and the Special

[insert what random said earlier because it applies in every one here]

Though I guess 12 was a little funny, and it's something I went through with my own sister and nephews. I just wish it didn't approach it in...that...manner.

As for the special, if it wasn't for the twins who saved it from being VERY mildly entertaining, it would have been the worst of all, though you can pretty much say that about every episode or the series as a whole.

Series: 2/5

Special: 1.5/5

Somebody needs to cut out all the parts from each episode that aren't focusing on the twins, compose an episode out of it, and release it. I would watch that material again. Multiple times. Or just give them their own spinoff, because we really didn't get enough of them.

Back