When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace

Re: Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de

Also; obvious Mako cameo.
Well... sasuga Trigger? =D
zazefQs.jpg

I actually expected story after watching episode 8 but then...
I realized this is Trigger.

Episode 11

Well, that one way to completely fail tot reach any...
Seriously we are going for the obviously number one pick?
Oh dear god, Kudou... the best thing to come out of this from this series till now...
Of course she's going to...
For some reason.... I'm really hoping for a particular ending...
but I feel, no, fear.... but yearn for something... stil despair... for the possible ruination...
I can only see the worst of endings, the lack of knowledge, a bitter ending....
Perhaps it would be better if I lost all hope, than I would never hope gain anything from this...
Please, be merciful, writers for I have seen Akame ga kills ending... to write the worst of endings...
The most uninspired of endings...
The most worthless of possible endings....
Is that not what you wish to avoid?

^ You make me not want to catch up to this anime :/ Etue, stahp with your eloquent prose.

it's not so bad.............

It just has very little direction.

I still enjoy almost everything that has to do with hatako..........

Ando is too................perfect.......

Well, still pretty mixed about how I feel about the show, it's not overall great but it has had some damn great moments.....

Ep 1

1 guy 5 girls...I smell a harem

Ep 2

Yep...harem ;p

But I like the word darling and she (prez) is cute ;p
And that chibi`ish style is always fun too

Episodes 9 to 11:

Snooze-inducing fanservice-laden harem antics reigned supreme until the last minute of the penultimate episode, and we got some action thrown at us. Whoopee...

Ep 3-5

Meh

Ep 6

Little bit of drama, meh

Ep 7

Holy sh**, she snapped, that was one long rant ;p
But finally we see the assailants from the first ep.
bitches-be-crazy-newtons-law.jpg
tumblr_moehyo9G3P1s1iml3o1_400.gif

Ep 8

A story, thats nice, lifted the series up from an average rating towards above average rating...at least so far

Ep 10

Endless four? :p

Last edited:

Episode 12

Nothing was accomplished, the end. The voice acting in this series is probably the high point shared by episode 2 as a high point in comedy. The generic harem element in this is so twist-less that I can't see a swirl from a galaxy away. The plot is mostly not on the foreground and on the background its not particularly well explored. The comedy elements in this show are hit and miss with a lot of episodes that have hardly any hits.

While the characters are explored they feel underutilized for anything but for their own centric harem-heroine episode. We are spoon-fed these girls yet there is nothing particularly involving them in anything with the exception on Hatoko and even her involvement in the plot is scarce to say the least ending rather absurdly as a twist and source of comedy but it was one of those misses I mentioned.

The show just feels like it barely got it's idea off the ground before the individual episode writers had to write their episodes with someone standing over them saying to not cause plot inconsistencies by writing too much into the story as to avoid plotholes caused by parallel writing. I'd honestly class this show a failure, not in comedy or harem but rather for not setting out to achieve what it set out to achieve in the seeming early episodes.

2.75/5

Ep 12

Interesting power and way to ''stop'' it. And finally some progress with the war.

But that was about the only thing interesting and its incomplete (though understandable since there is only 1 volume released)

Its just a meh show

image.jpg

3 / 5

ep 12....Final

Damn, this show has a lot of potential, ep 2 was the funniest thing I've seen all year in anime, the whole strategy thing in the end, anode in general can get pretty interesting, I just loved that rant by Hatako in ep 7 I think it was, superb voice acting.

The high points were really high, as in funniest episode 2014, best rant 2014....but the entertainment element was not consistent enough. most of the time it was sleep inducing slice of life dribble,

I'm actually looking forward to the next season were I hope the plot moves from the background to the forefront.

As for this season, I give it a 3/5

I was thinking PLOT HOLE when anode's seemed to still possess the power acre it was stolen, But it was all good when it was revealed to just be an amataratsu affect.

I enjoyed this series a lot, because I enjoyed the goofy humor and the shows ability to just not be serous. Plus the characters i liked to, mainly Andou who is one of my favorite male main characters now he's weird as hell but the dude is clever and a boss which this last episode showed him as.

I'm glad this one is over because it's a pretty big stain on Trigger's record. Say what you want about the studio good or bad, but you can never say they are this painfully generic. Even putting aside that this show complete wastes its premise for meandering harem antics, most of the show is just plain boring. A few of the characters do get some development which saves the cast from being completely generic stereotypes, but just barely. We've seen all these characters done before elsewhere and mostly done better.

The show just doesn't have anything to recommend it above the hundreds of other harem anime out there. 4 out of 10

I'm glad this one is over because it's a pretty big stain on Trigger's record. Say what you want about the studio good or bad, but you can never say they are this painfully generic. Even putting aside that this show complete wastes its premise for meandering harem antics, most of the show is just plain boring. A few of the characters do get some development which saves the cast from being completely generic stereotypes, but just barely. We've seen all these characters done before elsewhere and mostly done better.

The show just doesn't have anything to recommend it above the hundreds of other harem anime out there. 4 out of 10

This is pretty much my reaction as well. I knew that I most likely wouldn't be enamoured with it, but I expected something with more flair and off-beat sensibilities, but I was pretty disappointed by how paint-by-numbers this turned out to be. I know Trigger needs to replenish their coffers with works that are more of a safe bet, but I thought that they would be able to mine out something better from the overgrown light novel market.

I liked the visuals in this, and there were some really nifty visuals here and there, but like you wrote, there's precious little that distinguishes this show from the myriad other haremesque supernatural school rom-coms out there.

I liked this one, mainly because I'm a shallow bastard and a series has to be little more than pretty to tickle my fancy. Jurai was fine enough as a protagonist, though his little perfect imperfections started to become quite annoying near the end. The biggest disappointment is the fact they never do something with that interesting premise. I wanted to see superpower battles, dammit! Or superpowers being used for completely mundane shit. They do that once and it's never touched upon again. What the hell? I could have done without that harem plot, thank you very much. And episode 8 introduced a cool sotryline, but it's pushed away in favour of more romance drama. Uuugghhh...
Oh, and it could have used some more resolution for any of the couples.
JuraixTomoyo totally should have been endgame

series ended nicely. i'm a big fan of high school slice of life, harems and super powers so this series was completely right up my alley.

ju-kun pretty much used his already epic power level of TV TROPES once everyone got powers to remove all the problems that come with people who first use powers (telling the summoner to not create life, letting the "healer" to not raise the dead, etc), so the typical story arcs are already dismissed and this show depicts what happens after all that occurs. it is very clever and a lot of fun.

hajime's little game with Virgin Child is an interesting plot, where he's building the inevitable end game in dramatic fashion as per tropes allow and anyone trying to work outside the tropes is dealt with harshly. he's a very interesting character and i hope they delve a little more into the Faerie Wars next season.

maybe i'm the only one happy with this shoujo disguised as a shounen disguised as shoujo series, but i'm okay with that.

I was thinking PLOT HOLE when anode's seemed to still possess the power acre it was stolen, But it was all good when it was revealed to just be an amataratsu affect.
good reference; i had totally not remembered that!

Episodes 7-8
You know, I don't even give a shit what happens after this. Bring all the generic harem moe ecchi you want. It was worth watching just for this.
This was both fucking hilarious and bizarrely intriguing.

^ Were those the episodes where
Hatoko snapped? Her rant was probably one of the finest scenes of the show and, dare I say, even of the whole Winter season. The voice actress absolutely nailed it and the fact that she what she was spot-on and basically what every viewer was probably thinking, made it immensely memorable and enjoyable.

Basically. Also
the "twist" at the end. Or rather, twists. So many twists in both episodes for a so-called "plotless" show.
I found it highly amusing in episode 8, but was also seriously intrigued. A tiny bit disappointing, though, as it felt like window into the series that Trigger could have been making.
Then again, that is apparently what the source material does.

Also, that "god-like" girl. I want to see more of her.
She actually seems like she fits with the "plotless" part of the show as well.

And yeah, that VA...
You'd almost think that rant was what people had to read out during the audition or something, as I thought from the start that her VA just didn't sound quite right a lot of the time, yet here she nailed it so hard that I was kind of covering when it happened.
It just felt so absurdly genuine!

I think it could have used a bit more building up to in previous episodes, but the VA's performance made me forget that.

Ohohoh! Yes:
I totally want Hatoko's VA voicing Uraraka Ochako(my current avatar 12.01.2015) when My Hero Academia inevitably gets an anime!
That thought totally just struck me. Perfection.

@ Ailly. I agree with that, I re-watched that scene an uncountable amount of times, I was even playing it in loop for like 4/5 hours one day........a bit excessive, maybe but you get the picture.

Back