Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya

GekoHayate

[sadht=Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya]Fate/Kaleid[/sadht]

Synopsis, screenshots, recommendations

0AvVwHq.jpg

[sadhdc][/sadhdc]Preview: PV

A spin-off manga series (written by Hiroshi Hiroyama) of Type-moon's Fate/Stay Night Visual novel with a magical girl twist. The anime is set to air in Japan on July 12, 2013 and will run 10 episodes.

*Note* The first episode was streamed early.

Oh c'mon, it wasn't that bad... for something based on Fate/Stay Night....

Episode 1

The first half is kind of meh as it sets itself up and introduces the characters. Rin, SHiro, Ilya, that Teacher lady etc. all make a return along with 2 homunculi I don't remember acting as Ilya's mother and sister.

The second half is hilarious, with a mischievous and borderline malevolent red wand tricking Ilya into becoming a mahou shojo (after abandoning Rin and taking her powers while she was in the air; in other words the wand was trying to kill her) and there is a bit of cliche yet kinda funny bath comedy. Then Rin shows up to try and "pamper" (beat into submission) the wand to regain its favor. Not at all bad for a magical girl anime, although I am a fan of the Fate series so I may be overly biased.

Ehh going by the first episode not much was spoiled (in that it hasn't directly stated/linked anything with Zero/Stay but the references themselves are there).

Stay Night kind of spoils Zero anyways since they were animated out of chronological order. Its more of a parody cross between card captor sakura/Fate/tsukihime.

Haven't read the source material so I don't know what all goes into detail about. Probably best to just watch the Fate series (seriously Zero is worth it, go watch NAO!).

So wait, when is episode 2 set to air, if episode 1 was aired early?

I hadn't heard anything about them simulcasting or screening early so I don't know. I just saw that it was out =/

*edit* can't find anything, although crunchyroll picked it up for simulcast. Guessing next ep is on the 19th (PV link in OP is to the Japanese homepage, if you can read japanese you can try there to see what else they may be doing)

Brad, stop thinking about watching this magical girl nonsense and get your ass to Zero. :flip:

As for me, I don't know. I'd watch it if only for completion's sake of the Fate franchise, but it would mean ten weeks of suffering.

^

Seriously guys, after the first half it isn't that bad.

But Brad, get off this magical girl nonsense and watch Zero already. Obligatory :flip:

It would probably be best to watch Stay Night as well (as this is a spin-off alternate world kinda thing of Stay Night), but be wary. It came out in 5 years before Zero and the director... well he ain't no Urobutcher. You have been warned.

But you'll love Zero.

Uuuuuugh, fine, i'll do it later tonight. I've bee meaning to for god knows how long but i never get around to it.

Wait for me sweet magical girl Illyasviel, i'll come see you soon.

Go watch Fate/Zero you wont regret it.Just stay away from Fate/Stay Night.Because,in case you didnt know
people die if they are killed. :nervous:

It would probably be best to watch Stay Night as well (as this is a spin-off alternate world kinda thing of Stay Night), but be wary. It came out in 5 years before Zero and the director... well he ain't no Urobutcher. You have been warned.

But you'll love Zero.
No, Stay Night for me was a true pain that was not necessary, you are even spoiled about some facts. What do you have to watch from FSN? This great opening. That's it.

^

That line is actually an accurate translation if you consider the context.

As well as (Stay/Fate spoilers)
what he is fighting against and the artifact he holds/held prior to that moment.

He may as well have been ironically referencing an old belief that those with enough desire or drive will not be stopped from completing their task even if they are killed. In that he doesn't plan on acting stupid because, you guessed it. People die if they are killed.

No, Stay Night for me was a true pain that was not necessary, you are even spoiled about some facts. What do you have to watch from FSN? This great opening. That's it.

I'm not sure what Kaleid will cover, so it was just a suggestion. Although yes Stay was borderline bad (I may just be a Fate/type-moon fanboy), to the point where I wouldn't necessarily mind getting spoiled by watching Kaleid.

I'll be watching both, sadly i'm a completionist these days.

Besides, i've not heard many call Fate/Stay properly bad, just a bit average, and i imagine the comparisons with Zero don't help its case either.

I'll have Stay done in a couple of days probably.

If you are that interested in the series you could check the Fate/Stay Night VN.I havent tried it myself but I heard that it is very good.

By itself Stay is average, but unfortunately I watched them in chronological order and well... the difference in writing, directing, and overall tone of the two is almost like (Fate Stay)Night and day. :laugh:

If you are able to appreciate the continuation of the story set forth by Zero it will be tolerable.

I also found a post I put up awhile ago with Shirou's line from the anime. (Stay Night spoilers)
From what I looked up the original line is something along the lines of

人は殺されれば死ぬ、それが当たり前なんだ

Which basically means "naturally people die if they are killed". The context is essentially the same.

There is a Japanese belief or saying that some people are so tough not even death would stop them, which is probably what he was referencing/denying the superstition.

I think it shows how anticipated this magical girl show is that only two of the posts have been about the show :laugh:

It also wasn't supposed to have aired until tomorrow. And who could pass up lolis fighting with cheap toy wands and FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Stay Night kind of spoils Zero anyways since they were animated out of chronological order.

I'd like to note that they were animated out of chronological order because the original source material was written out of chronological order. F/Z was written in an amazing way of knowing you know the ending, but somehow being able to make you believe some happier ending is abound. The theme of F/Z's writing is crushing hopes and dreams, and it does that to the reader. It's really awesome despite how depressing it sounds. Waver is the only one that actually accomplishes his dreams, but that's after F/SN.

Fate/Stay Night visual novel = awesome
Fate/Stay Night anime tv series = A mixture of meh and bleh
Fate/Stay Night movie = Better than tv, but still eh
Fate/Zero novel = Perfection
Fate/Zero anime = As close to the awesomeness of the novels as we're going to get
Carnival Phantasm = funny as all fuck

I'm a rambler. Probably forgot something to mention, but I haven't read everything.

Kaleid should be lots of fun, but don't expect super awesome deepness. I could be wrong of course.

Episode 1

Is it me or is Silver Link throwing lots of animation budget around? It's not quite Ufotable but gods, this animation budget on display in the first episode seemed kind of ridiculous at points for this type of series, of course I could be wrong, but it seems like it at least for this episode.

Rest of the episode was meh, character types were established and such voice acting is of course okay and the story was ridiculous as expected.

Also, da fuck Irisviel's personality?

^

Nothing like in Stay/Night or UBL right?

Irisviel is her mother.
Ilyasviel is the titular character.

I think you were referencing to that.

Otherwise I have no idea, as far as I know Silver Link never did fate franchise before.
In terms of animation if you meant that... well unlimited blade works had decent animation albeit inconsistent, but it's been too long for me to compare.

Back